Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase > Competitions

Old 02-02-13, 03:49   #11
**LARA LOVER**

I'll attempt to enter but there's no chance in hell of me winning anything.
**LARA LOVER** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-13, 04:12   #12
Quasimodo

These look like the hugest prizes they've put up for a contest ever. I think it's going to attract a lot of professional artists as well as fans who are amateur artists. Good thing they've given us a little over a month to submit entries. That's time to try out several different sketches and perhaps even develop a couple of pieces in tandem.
Quasimodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-13, 04:20   #13
Evan C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimodo View Post
These look like the hugest prizes they've put up for a contest ever. I think it's going to attract a lot of professional artists as well as fans who are amateur artists. Good thing they've given us a little over a month to submit entries. That's time to try out several different sketches and perhaps even develop a couple of pieces in tandem.
You can't imagine how many ideas I have on my mind, I am a writer so I love to think, improve and create. The only problem for my are my drawing skills, but this seems so fun that I will do my best. I think art is not only making something atractive or appealing, but showing the spirit of what you want to share.
Evan C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-13, 04:23   #14
Quasimodo

Art with a story to it is the best! That sounds like a great way to approach a painting. It gets you thinking about the details, lighting, and mood you want to create on a deeper level than 'this must be the shiniest most realistic most epic painting EVAR!'
Old 02-02-13, 04:26   #15
Evan C.

I was thinking about that, I mean, Lara obviously is going trough a journey, so either way you have to capture the escence of her change, her growth but more than other, her inner change. Even considering the painting, drawing or whatever is obviously something static, it must be fluid and capture the escence of what you want to tell. So believe me, I have plenty of ideas, so I need to grab my pencil and start to work ^_^`
Old 02-02-13, 04:41   #16
Quasimodo

I wonder if Square/CD would choose something that had a background or scene inspired by the game but not actually included in the game. Suppose you had an idea for a battle scene or puzzle scene that's awesome, but there's nothing like it in the game. They seem to want something they can advertise with, so something really novel might be a risk. Good thing we're allowed more than one entry apiece!
Old 02-02-13, 04:49   #17
Evan C.

I think it must be strongly connected to, but doesn't necesary means have to happen on the game, it's like using the same ingredents but cooking something else, or at least, a different decoration (I am hungry, sorry xD)
Old 02-02-13, 12:05   #18
Billy959

some awesome entries so far :
Billy959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-13, 12:42   #19
irishhips

Started some tests already

irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-13, 12:58   #20
RoxasKennedy

Say whaaaaaa you have to be 18 to join??

Screw that nonsense!
RoxasKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote