Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 16-10-18, 17:52   #1
GoatWalker

Default Am I going crazy or is the costume DLC broken?

Hey there, as you can tell, I'm new to the forums. I've gotten back into the series after finding all of the older games from various stores around town, but that's not why I'm here.

I got Tomb Raider Underworld and after what I thought was a string of bad luck from scratched copies not booting, turns out that on my 360, the costume DLC breaks something that causes my 360 to lock up and refuse to boot the game unless the DLC is gone. Now I genuinely don't know what's going on. I've installed the game, uninstalled the game, deleted title updates, redownloaded title updates, download the DLC within the game, but it all ends the same way.

I'd figure someone might help me here because I'm certain Microsoft/Square Enix isn't going to care about old DLC being broken on an old game. Also because I want to fix this before I spend close to $20 on the level DLC.

I thank you all for your help.
GoatWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-18, 04:48   #2
VictorXD

Is it just the costumes DLC that is crashing the game for you?? Have you tried only downloading the level files and see if they work?
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-18, 00:03   #3
GoatWalker

It's just the costume DLC. I haven't gotten the level DLC yet because I'm honest to god afraid to spend the $20 or so on the levels in the first place. Though I am tempted to buy them now and see if they will at least load.

EDIT: So I bit the bullet and decided to download the Beneath the Shadows DLC, and the game refuses to load the title screen if I download the DLC, then start up the game. If there is no DLC whatsoever, the game will boot up fine.

EDIT 2: I bought both DLC levels now. If I download them within the game, along with the costumes, the game will still run fine. As soon as I quit out and try to restart the game, it won't even load up to title screen. I deleted the title update to see if that would do something, and the game boots fine with all the DLC still on the drive. So I quit out and it still booted up fine asking for an update.

I update the game and it loads fine, but as soon as I quit out and try to start the game up, same black screen. I'm probably going to write an angry email at Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics because I can't get their DLC working.

Last edited by GoatWalker; 18-10-18 at 16:51. Reason: Adding on to the post/issue
Old 22-10-18, 07:06   #4
VictorXD

So you managed to get it working with DLC on your hard drive but without the updates? Might be worth checking the game while you're not connected to xbox live, so it skips the part where you have to download the patches.

BTW are you playing it on a 360 or an Xbox1?
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-18, 22:47   #5
GoatWalker

I'm using a 360. I did eventually finish the game and the DLC by doing this, but I'm still certain I shouldn't have to do this just to be able to mess around with the game.