www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 11-10-18, 01:40   #201
HarleyCroft
Explorer

The mysterious teleporting boulder!
I played the original TR after TR2-Chronicles and it was the weirdest, most confusing physics quirk to come across because it only happens in this game The puzzle where Lara pulls out a block of wall to stop the boulder from getting in the way of a door would only work in this crazy, mixed up videogame world!

Thanks for more beautiful screens and a nice read, Sheep
Old 11-10-18, 14:21   #202
quetzalcoatl
Historian

Some surprising reviews of levels. I find Tomb of Qualopec a fun level - the colour scheme being one of its more memorable aspects!

Tomb of Tihocan I always found quite bland/dull, until the very end; I'd sooner replay the Caves or ToQ.
Old 11-10-18, 21:25   #203
sheepman23
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl View Post
Some surprising reviews of levels. I find Tomb of Qualopec a fun level - the colour scheme being one of its more memorable aspects!

Tomb of Tihocan I always found quite bland/dull, until the very end; I'd sooner replay the Caves or ToQ.
I may have been a bit too harsh on ToQ - looking back, I'm not really sure if it's worthy of the 5/10 that I just dropped it to. I still think it's the worst level of the game, however. The color palette is somewhat quirky, I suppose, but it's mostly just an eyesore...
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-18, 10:13   #204
quetzalcoatl
Historian

Certain combinations of colours/contrasts can give me migraines - but I always liked the ToC colours! lol Maybe a 6.5/10 =)
Old 14-10-18, 21:50   #205
trfan16
Archaeologist

I am one of those fans that enjoy Qualopec's color scheme also. It makes the tomb feel like an "grand" resting place for Qualopec. I do agree with some points that sheepman mentioned in his review though. The double secret behind the statue is one of the most cleverly placed secrets in the series. It rewards the player for exploring every nook and cranny of the level. The traps and puzzles in this level were pretty simple, but the main objective of completing three trial rooms to reach the Scion was pretty effective for this part of the game. The temple collapsing scene and the mummy falling is one of the most iconic scene in the series for me.

As for Natla's Mines, it's probably one of weaker levels from the first game. I probably would give this level an 6/10. I love the challenge of exploring the level without Lara's weapons. There were plenty of Classic elements in this level despite not being an actual tomb - lever pulling and key collecting, traps, tricky jumps, and an couple of bizarre moments like the skateboard park. On the downside though, the color scheme is an eyesore. Especially when you're in that golden building before entering Atlantis. And the excessive block pushing also drags this level down too.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote