Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 20-10-17, 20:39   #211
Danath

Cool

Good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
I discovered something when using TRviewer, it increases the number of textures. However, if you use Fexmerger, the exact opposite happens if you add/remove something (anything, just to make it work), the texture count drops.
What a legend!! Give this man a medal! It's totally true!

I have updated levels 2 and 3 and used Fexmerger to make a simple change then save, and they work! Bubbles working fine on both levels:

But... there's a slight problem.
When you edit the compiled level with Fexmerger there are sound problems, or at least that happened to me. Maybe it doesn't happen when editing base levels, don't know yet.

I've had hilarious sound bugs, such as the icicles grunting when they fall or the trapdoors saying no when deactivating.

I fixed the icicles remerging them again but the trapdoors ( the timed ones on level 3 ) don't have sound now when deactivating, it's the best compromise i found.

Would it be ok? I can package the updated level files and send the link to you DJ, so they can be uploaded. What do you think?
I didn't reply sooner because i was busy trying this. I did a speedrun to test everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
We've made another post in the Tutorials INDEX thread, listing Dxtre3D related tutorials.
You can make a new thread in the tutorials section, having the title start with Dxtre3D -.
Once the thread is created AkyV or I can close it and add it to the index thread.
Thank you! Also for pinning the one i made.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-17, 22:50   #212
Feder

That's great Glad I can help! As for the sounds mess, some of them could be corrected by remerging the object or using TReditsound to add it again.

Looking foward to the update and Mystic Realm as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Feel free to make a post about it in our tutorials section, Feder.
Thanks, I will This tips we encounter should be useful for Dxtre3d builders!
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-17, 00:18   #213
Danath

I tried TREditSound and it can indeed replace the sound, but when i save the level and close the program it gives a runtime error and it doesn't save the changes. I also tried removing the currently used wrong sound and adding it from scratch but it adds the wrong sound number everytime, doesn't want to work.
Old 21-10-17, 07:18   #214
DJ Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
the trapdoors ( the timed ones on level 3 ) don't have sound now when deactivating, it's the best compromise i found. Would it be ok?
It depends on a player. I can live with blood air but I hate missing sounds Others may have it reversed. Both errors are just crappy in their own fashion.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-17, 16:42   #215
Danath

Exclamation

Yess! It's all finally working now!

What i did was delete the trapdoor with TRViewer, then open the original .TR2 that has the one i want with Fexmerger, change its ID so it matches the one in my map, then merge it! And it has all the sounds working.

@DJ: Sending a pm now.
Old 21-10-17, 17:07   #216
thewolf
Golden

It's amazing how much got discovered the last couple of days
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-17, 17:11   #217
Danath

Yes it's fantastic! Maybe this new trick for reducing texture count with Fexmerger allows me to have a bit more texture variety in my current map.
Old 07-11-17, 00:49   #218
Danath

Smile

The level on TRLE.net has now been updated with the fixed bubble sprites and widescreen .exe. The size says 51.2 MB but it's reduced now to 23,4.
Thanks DJ Full.