Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 10-11-10, 17:03   #5771
Titak

^
Not as far as I know...
Although I was thinking that that secret map looks better than the one I have...
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 23:51   #5772
Orava

Here's a screen of a simple room in my first ever becoming level. It's not much to look at, but I'm only getting started here. =)

Orava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 01:12   #5773
Kapu

That look's awesome. Great texturing and well built geometry. The objects are well placed, too. I would recommend darker lighting, as a cave like that wouldn't have a light source to make it very bright (unless there's a huge opening to the outside behind Lara! hahaha). Maybe try adding a little bit of blue to the lighting, too.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 07:14   #5774
Seilion

Hey,that doesn´t look bad! In fact it looks really good
Just try to make the lighning darker und more blue like Kaup said. And put a sund in every room so Lara looks more 3d!
Seilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 12:56   #5775
Orava

Thanks! I'm still gonna work on lighting.
Orava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 13:46   #5776
matrix54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seilion View Post
Hey,that doesn´t look bad! In fact it looks really good
Just try to make the lighning darker und more blue like Kaup said. And put a sund in every room so Lara looks more 3d!
Do NOT add a sun bulb in every room. Where is this myth coming from. The sun bulb is for the sun and outdoor areas, not general light usage.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 16:11   #5777
Titak

@ Orava:
Looking really good!

@ matrix54:
The sunbulb is not only for the sun and outdoor areas.
If you give the sunbulb a darker colour and/or lower its intensity it is very usefull in dark and indoor areas as well. The nice thing about a sunbulb is that it makes Lara look more 3D. So it is actually very suitable for general light usage.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 17:10   #5778
scion89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orava View Post
Here's a screen of a simple room in my first ever becoming level. It's not much to look at, but I'm only getting started here. =)

Good start

Although, be careful of squashed textures, such as the pattern above the door to the right.
scion89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 18:14   #5779
Nickotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orava View Post

That's beautiful!
Nickotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 19:21   #5780
FloTheMachine

Thanks all for the nice comments on my shots

@Teme9: Waow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleCroft View Post
Looks good! Only problems are:

1. The texture under the torch on the right is squished, same with the texture on the left in between the two torches.
2. There is a very small dinosaur running through the water. Doesn't seem practical. To fix this place grey bounding boxes.
I liked the idea... I didn't want a sort of 'shooter' level, with pointless violence. I'm leaving the dinosaurs so that they don't have to be killed. Many enemies in the level are like that. I'm trying to make it look good rather than have good action

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraiderxii View Post
(jaw drops to the floor) that. Is. Amazing! It is a massive improvement and I also like the new textures next to the torches. No doubt about it, You work really well with TRNG. I wish you the best of luck in your level editing future. ps the lighting looks a lot better
Aww shucks Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
FloTheMachine; You've improved but texturing is still dull. You should vary the textures and add a little foliage here and there? Also The textures on the thing with the fire burners on opposite sides should be aligned properly, it would make it look much better! Why not try to lower the lighting intensity a bit to make the room look atmospheric?

But as I said, it looks much better.

KingdomHearts; Wow! The textures align properly and I really like the light coming out of the ceiling but why not transition the textures a little bit? =)

It's great to see a lot of new builders coming around! ^_^
Foiliage..? The floor is made of concrete I don't imagine many plants would grow tbh.
And about textures..? Whats wrong with them...?

And the burners are alligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomHearts View Post
@Titak yes i have built levels before but didnt release anything .
@FloTheMachine Looks very good but one little hint. Use more difficult textures e.g on the ceiling.And here some parts of an unfinished big room.
Difficult textures..? I don't follow what you mean

Last edited by FloTheMachine; 11-11-10 at 19:35.
FloTheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote