Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 11-09-18, 17:19   #121
Caesum

Since the project is cancelled I think it is about time to close this topic, so it is not bumped again. Thank you guys for your support, but I believe it's curtains for The Lost Dominion.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-18, 04:11   #122
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Then once it's cancelled they will be released anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The open source idea of Quentin was about the entire production being open for everyone anyway, so each person could contribute to the project by creating assets or levels. It never worked out though as nobody helped except Dwight from what I remember.
I guess it's because everyone was a disappointed that afters several years of waiting and lots of progress being shown already (now we know it was from different builds but at the time we didn't) nothing came from it. Suddenly this new project had replaced the old one and everything that was made was scratched and all that patience wasted for something that was a little more than an idea. Of course I understand that complications of such an ambitious project (especially in TRLE) and all the setbacks, team break ups, etc. I truly do. But some of us have been hopeful for years this would happen, and have followed it since the very start, so it feels a bit like a slap in the face.

Sorry if I sounded rude or harsh, I was just making a point as to why people didn't really engage on this as much. Of course the decline of the TRLE community also played a major part of it, it has been getting progressively smaller for the last few years. TombEditor has restored some life to it, and hopefully when TR5main gets released it will return to its glory days.
VictorXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-18, 07:06   #123
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
...afters several years of waiting and lots of progress being shown already (now we know it was from different builds but at the time we didn't)
I'm sorry but I have to correct just this part. It has never be hidden that the project had been restarted several times, I remember re-explaining it everytime someone asked or thought there were "years of progress". Even this thread was because the project had been restarted another time. Before that there was another project, and before that the famous project by Elio from which originated the screenshots (which were only from showcase levels, not actual levels, and this was told too), and even before that, the original project, that was from 2008 AFAIK (I wasn't here). For some reason these are things that never printed in people's minds.

Last edited by Joey79100; 12-09-18 at 07:07.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote