Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 09-09-15, 20:03   #3891
irishhips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi_w_ View Post
Take a look:

http://www.therainbowhub.com/wp-cont.../04/hq16-1.jpg

The artists doing that series have a definite talent for expressive faces - something that I found was sadly lacking in the Dark Horse series. I didn't have any problem with the bodies (usually), backgrounds, textures, etc - it just seemed that the faces seemed so bland and generic.
I love this Harley series, red about 17 issues of her so far
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-15, 22:56   #3892
Heidi_w_

There's a warmth to the art in the Harley series that is just absent in the TR ones; if I had to describe the latter, I'd call them competent, but kinda clinical.

Now if they could somehow coax the awesome Amanda Conner to pen even a single issue of a TR comic...heaven
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-15, 02:41   #3893
Daft Raider
Inactive

Yeah I think the artist who did the majority of the TR comics needs to work on facial expressions, Lara looked so derpy all the time. Other than that the artwork was gorgeous.

But I did finally manage to pick up #18 and omg, Lara was so cute throughout the entire issue. Blanket cave? I about died. But how are they going to handle Sam in RoTTR though? She was dismissed pretty half assed tbh. Is she just going to sit in prison because she "assaulted" some guy (but was scotch free when killing the man in the previous issue) forever? Or should I say "they" because Sam/Himiko is a thing again. There was so much left open with her, nothing was concluded, and it makes it even more confusing now that CD has said they're not bringing anything from the comics to the game. So are they just going to ignore what happened in the comics and not mention Lara's ~*best friend*~ at all for the sake of keeping the comics and the games separate? The character that we went through all that trouble to save just isn't there now, no mention or anything? It's just stupid and confusing. They shot themselves in the foot by saying that the comics won't be mentioned in the game and I'm so annoyed because Kaz was a nice character and she'll just be completely ignored and I'm just ??? why CD

Last edited by Daft Raider; 27-09-15 at 02:43.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-15, 19:46   #3894
Heidi_w_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Yeah I think the artist who did the majority of the TR comics needs to work on facial expressions, Lara looked so derpy all the time. Other than that the artwork was gorgeous.

But I did finally manage to pick up #18 and omg, Lara was so cute throughout the entire issue. Blanket cave? I about died. But how are they going to handle Sam in RoTTR though? She was dismissed pretty half assed tbh. Is she just going to sit in prison because she "assaulted" some guy (but was scotch free when killing the man in the previous issue) forever? Or should I say "they" because Sam/Himiko is a thing again. There was so much left open with her, nothing was concluded, and it makes it even more confusing now that CD has said they're not bringing anything from the comics to the game. So are they just going to ignore what happened in the comics and not mention Lara's ~*best friend*~ at all for the sake of keeping the comics and the games separate? The character that we went through all that trouble to save just isn't there now, no mention or anything? It's just stupid and confusing. They shot themselves in the foot by saying that the comics won't be mentioned in the game and I'm so annoyed because Kaz was a nice character and she'll just be completely ignored and I'm just ??? why CD
Thing is that Rhianna went to a lot of trouble (repeatedly I might add) to have Lara describe Sam as the "most important thing" in her life, which implies even more so than her archaeological pursuits, so there's an awfully deep connection there. I agree Lara's reaction to Sam in the final comic was strangely out of character but I'm chalking that up to Rhianna having limited pages left to wrap up the storyline prior to Rise, especially as she has stated repeatedly on her Twitter that Sam is going through a difficult time but she's still very much a part of Lara's life, which tells me she'll be back in the post-Rise comics at the very least.
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 02:42   #3895
SamCactus101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi_w_ View Post
Thing is that Rhianna went to a lot of trouble (repeatedly I might add) to have Lara describe Sam as the "most important thing" in her life, which implies even more so than her archaeological pursuits, so there's an awfully deep connection there. I agree Lara's reaction to Sam in the final comic was strangely out of character but I'm chalking that up to Rhianna having limited pages left to wrap up the storyline prior to Rise, especially as she has stated repeatedly on her Twitter that Sam is going through a difficult time but she's still very much a part of Lara's life, which tells me she'll be back in the post-Rise comics at the very least.
Do you think Sam will appear in the DLC or Season Pass stuff??
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 20:13   #3896
AntRaidsTombs

A new "Tomb Raider II" series from Dark Horse Comics is coming February 2016. http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ider-ii-series
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 20:46   #3897
James_Rutland

The comics will actually be called Tomb Raider II?

Couldn't it have just continued from issue 18 and been issue 19?

Good news though. They'll have far more creative freedom this time and hopefully expand the game world better than the last comics did.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 21:07   #3898
Rai

Not 100% sure, but looks like this is the cover art:

Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 21:14   #3899
R41D3R

Very nice! And the "Frozen Omen"-series has just started. I really like the style of the cover art.
R41D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 21:30   #3900
EliParker

The cover art looks awesome, but so did the cover art for Tomb Raider #1. I think that rebanding it as Tomb Raider volume 2 #1 is a good way to go, as #1 tends to bring in new readers.

Still I'm looking forward to this and hoping with the new writer comes a better storyteller.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote