www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 12-07-18, 21:00   #12801
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be at Comic Con.

Maybe they could announce a sequel to a film but I feel like the Warner Brothers department would do it and not Square Enix so TBH I don't think you'd see a sequel announcement there. I think they will wait a few more months when they get the final numbers of ancillary.

Edit: What I find bizarre about watching the new movie come together from production to final product is how much MORE I appreciate Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft. Years ago I thought she made a terrible Croft, particularly because she made it her own and could really tell she had no respect for the original source material but that version of Lara has really grown on me. I still prefer the Vikander movie and Vikander as Lara Croft because she brings an earnestness to her performance but I really love the glam and fashions of Angelina's Lara, particularly in Cradle Of Life...

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 12-07-18 at 21:14.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-18, 21:17   #12802
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I don't expect any announcements at all. Even after last year not having a trailer when the oppurtunity was perfect Warner Bros wouldn't have announced anything at comic con unless the movie would break 500M+ in my opinion.

I'll live in hope for a sequel but I won't get too hung up on the idea until it's confirmed.
Old 12-07-18, 21:32   #12803
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I'll live in hope for a sequel but I won't get too hung up on the idea until it's confirmed.
This. I want a sequel so much, but Iím not sure how successful the first film was for the most part anyway.
Old 12-07-18, 21:34   #12804
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I'm hoping Square Enix eventually expand the franchise to include some CGI films. The film has a big Asian following now too so something like their Final Fantasy films would be easy to market and sell in that territory.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 12-07-18 at 21:36.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-18, 00:59   #12805
SoraSakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be at Comic Con.

Maybe they could announce a sequel to a film but I feel like the Warner Brothers department would do it and not Square Enix so TBH I don't think you'd see a sequel announcement there. I think they will wait a few more months when they get the final numbers of ancillary.

Edit: What I find bizarre about watching the new movie come together from production to final product is how much MORE I appreciate Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft. Years ago I thought she made a terrible Croft, particularly because she made it her own and could really tell she had no respect for the original source material but that version of Lara has really grown on me. I still prefer the Vikander movie and Vikander as Lara Croft because she brings an earnestness to her performance but I really love the glam and fashions of Angelina's Lara, particularly in Cradle Of Life...
This is so incorrect.

Angelina has a lot of respect for the franchise. She's always credited that film as being the thing that opened her eyes to charity work and adoption due to some of the countries they filmed in. It also helped fix the damaged relationship she had with her actual father, boosted her confidence in doing physical and confident performances.

It also perfectly matched the type of Lara that was in the games at the time: a cocky, sexy, confident, sarcastic aristocrat who was intelligent and funny.

I don't see how you can play the older games and not see a faithful adaptation in the original film.

The exact same can be said for Alicia's performance however whatever gripes I have are due to the writer.

Namely: Lara doesn't solve a single puzzle herself.

She has to be told the symbols in the book are clockhands by a drunk Chinese man.
She only opens the door to the Tomb because of her father's notes.

Very weird decisions.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-18, 03:07   #12806
TrustyBow
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post

Angelina has a lot of respect for the franchise. She's always credited that film as being the thing that opened her eyes to charity work and adoption due to some of the countries they filmed in. It also helped fix the damaged relationship she had with her actual father, boosted her confidence in doing physical and confident performances.
Didn't know that. Thats actually really cool!
TrustyBow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-18, 03:51   #12807
SoraSakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Didn't know that. Thats actually really cool!
Yep!
She actually has even said sometimes that without Tomb Raider, she wouldn't even have her family.

She even took her children out in public to see the reboot film.

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/ange...-with-children
Old 13-07-18, 04:01   #12808
Ellioft
Archaeologist

For her father It was just publicity because after the promo they fight again and all was back to normal.
Old 13-07-18, 05:35   #12809
SoraSakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
For her father It was just publicity because after the promo they fight again and all was back to normal.
Could be.
Old 13-07-18, 07:05   #12810
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

I think Geek was referring to how Jolie disliked the games when she was cast as Lara. She even said she hated Lara once because she was jealous her old boyfriend played the games too much. She also literally grimaced in some interviews when people said "video game adaptation."

Sure, she credits HER movie as making her appreciate travel and charity, but she made Lara a copy of herself in the movies more than she became Lara. She's glad she did the film but that doesnt mean she is grateful to the source material.

I dont hate her as Lara, i just dont see lara when i watch the old movies, I see Angelina Jolie in holsters.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote