www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 13-07-18, 04:17   #1
milepanic
Hobbyist

Default Tomb Raider 3 Peixoto mod with custom made HD textures and remastered FMVs

Hey everyone here is video of playing moded Tomb Raider 3 using peixoto patch. Thanks to the patch I was able to replace all textures in first level with 4k textures that i painted in photoshop. Also I remastered and upscaled FMV videos to full 1080 p resolution and replaced old low res ones using peixoto patch. I also retextured and uspcaled title menu so it losslessly fits to 1080 p wide screen. Check the video description for links where to download Peixoto patch and also there is link to downlod HD texture pack and HD FMV videos. Right now I only have retextured first level and menu title, but FMV videos are all remastered and ready to be replaced. My version of Tomb Raider 3 is from steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlJ0j3t0rN8&t=457s
milepanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-18, 21:59   #2
Kirishima
Historian

I don't know... I'm not saying your work is unappreciated since you likely put alot of effort into this(and some textures do look really good), but to me everything ends up looking much flatter than it used to be... Maybe it's the video quality, or the quality of Tomb Raider 3's level design itself.

also, here's a re-link of the video so people can watch it here:

Last edited by Kirishima; 13-07-18 at 22:12.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-18, 05:12   #3
milepanic
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
I don't know... I'm not saying your work is unappreciated since you likely put alot of effort into this(and some textures do look really good), but to me everything ends up looking much flatter than it used to be... Maybe it's the video quality, or the quality of Tomb Raider 3's level design itself.

also, here's a re-link of the video so people can watch it here:
Thanks for re-link. lol I agree completely with you, i know exactly what textures looks flat to you and what not, I'm the same I think some of them look great, like ruins and texture on the tree bark (green one) i like sky lots, but for example rocks and grass in beginning of level looks flat even vegetation looks bit repetitive, lime missing depth and ambient occlusion. Thing is that is so hard to know how texture will be placed in the game you have to go so much back and forward in order to make it really good, I would definitely like to go back and fix lots of textures but really busy with work and life in general I published texture pack for people to test it out and have fun, but mostly for main menu and fmvs because i think i did good job there. I still think Leon Deka guy did best FMV remaster ever, but till he finishes remastering TR3 fmvs, these ones are pretty good substitute for now. And another reason is to maybe encourage some talented and motivated moding community to create awesome stuff for this game, because I think it deserves and peixoto patch is pretty good tool for that. I think nevada levels would looks so good with some nice HD desert textures, I would love to see that. How I actually play TR3 now, I just replace FMVs because they look soooo good on my 4k tv, replace title menu and sky dome, use xppader for xbox360 support, and now i really enjoy to play this game. When i installed first time from steam i was like this looks terrible and its not playable, but I love it now.
Old 14-07-18, 11:11   #4
scion05
Tomb Raider

Looks brilliant actually, although to see it properly and showcase your work you really need to turn up the Gamma because tbh I can hardly make anything out on that video.
Old 14-07-18, 12:22   #5
andre_costa
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milepanic View Post
Hey everyone here is video of playing moded Tomb Raider 3 using peixoto patch. Thanks to the patch I was able to replace all textures in first level with 4k textures that i painted in photoshop. Also I remastered and upscaled FMV videos to full 1080 p resolution and replaced old low res ones using peixoto patch. I also retextured and uspcaled title menu so it losslessly fits to 1080 p wide screen. Check the video description for links where to download Peixoto patch and also there is link to downlod HD texture pack and HD FMV videos. Right now I only have retextured first level and menu title, but FMV videos are all remastered and ready to be replaced. My version of Tomb Raider 3 is from steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlJ0j3t0rN8&t=457s
Good work!
I'm looking forward for your remastering on the remaining levels! Thanks for sharing.
andre_costa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-18, 18:59   #6
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Would you be willing to share your repainted textures? They could be used with TRLE by level builders for their custom levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion05 View Post
Looks brilliant actually, although to see it properly and showcase your work you really need to turn up the Gamma because tbh I can hardly make anything out on that video.
Are you sure it's not your display? Everything looks fine to me. Pumping up gamma will only make the graphics look even more flat...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-18, 19:13   #7
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Nice one!

Some textures look really great, other could still use a bit of work to resemble the original. I've tried retexturing TR2 (it's a while since I'm paused at around 50-60% of the game) using the same technique so I know how hard it can be to make them, especially trying to stay faithful to the originals. But the work you have put into this really shows, and I'm excited to see some

I've made an HQ title screen for TR3 a while ago too:

Old 15-07-18, 02:52   #8
milepanic
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Would you be willing to share your repainted textures? They could be used with TRLE by level builders for their custom levels.
Yeah for sure, I would even share all images that i used and all PSD files. I was actually trying to export whole level into level editor and than re texture it in level editor, but turn out to be even more work because I'm not that good with level editor. Let me know what textures would you like and how would you like them and i will upload them

Last edited by milepanic; 15-07-18 at 02:57.
Old 15-07-18, 06:17   #9
Peixoto
Student

A lot of 'noise' on the textures due to the lack of mipmapping support. I'm gonna add mipmapping ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Nice one!

Some textures look really great, other could still use a bit of work to resemble the original. I've tried retexturing TR2 (it's a while since I'm paused at around 50-60% of the game) using the same technique so I know how hard it can be to make them, especially trying to stay faithful to the originals.
50-60% is 50-60%better than 0%. Release those as a 'wip', per say
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-18, 12:55   #10
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Yeah for sure, I would even share all images that i used and all PSD files. I was actually trying to export whole level into level editor and than re texture it in level editor, but turn out to be even more work because I'm not that good with level editor. Let me know what textures would you like and how would you like them and i will upload them
All of them please, if that's OK with you

The original files would be nice too, but even just the final HD tiles will be good.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote