Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 21-10-17, 13:38   #37901
DragonSlayer

Sausage Party it was ok it could have been better there were some funny scenes most notably one involving an axe which made me but they were too few and far between, I did laugh at the used condom and the toilet roll, given the type of movie Sausage Party is I thought the bubble gum in the wheelchair was something completely different but with a similar spelling to gum.

It was ok but overhyped I heard one person in the store where I bought it describe the movie as a waste of money I agree with them even if it cost only 7 euro if we had any HMV stores left they probably would have sold the movie for 15 euro.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-17, 04:20   #37902
KManX89

I rented and watched a few Redbox movies:
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales-I watched this yesterday and had a good time. I know it's received mixed word-of-mouth, but I quite enjoyed it myself. It was easily better than the last two Pirates movies, but of course it can't compare in quality to the first two films. Plus, the new female lead, Kaya Scodelario (the chick who plays Carina) is quite attractive if I do say so myself. 7.5/10
  • Wish Upon-About what you'd expect from a modern-day horror film. Interesting premise that gets wasted on predictable deaths with little-to-no build-up and not a lot of character development. It might be worth a watch on Redbox or Netflix, but that's about it. 4/10
  • The Mummy (2017)-It sucked. I came in expecting sh!t after seeing the reviews, and that's exactly what I ended up getting. Sh!t fight scenes, dragging plot, and poor acting. Oh, and Tom Cruise getting a little kinky foreplay with an attractive woman half his age as usual. Yeah, the plane scene was cool, but they already gave you by far the most interesting scene in the trailer so you don't need to sit through the rest. It's too bad because I liked the first two Mummy movies with Brendan Fraser (the third one sucked) and the first Scorpion King (the prequel to the first Mummy). 4.5/10
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-17, 04:42   #37903
HD Simplicityy

Blade Runner 2049. Remarkable film. Very well made on Denis Villenuve's part. Amazing visuals, production design, sound and music, directing and screenwriting, and a intriguing story. Probably a 9/10. Gives Dunkirk a contender for the Oscar race.
Now, I need to watch The Final Cut for Blade Runner to see if I can finally enjoy it
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-17, 23:12   #37904
Patrick star

Blue Jasmine .

The story is a bit meh , but Cate Blanchett is an acting goddess
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-17, 00:24   #37905
Rai

Once Upon a Time, season 7, first two eps. Slightly confused with ep1, but it became clearer in ep2.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-17, 15:08   #37906
KManX89

I went and saw Jigsaw last night. Lemme tell you, the trailers are a total farce, it basically pulls the rug from underneath you and slaps you right in the face. Without going directly into spoilers (though I think you KNOW what I'm talking about), it's NOT what they advertised. Every predictable plot twist and trope you'd come to expect from the Saw franchise is still very much alive and well in this movie.

Hell, a part of me would've settled for (SPOILERS):

some bat**** crazy explanation for Jigsaw being back like the trailers led you to believe. Sadly, that's NOT what ended up happening, all scenes featuring him are from ten years ago, I kid you not.

TLDR: he's still dead, sorry to disappoint.

And with that, I think I might've saved some people the time and money on going to see this movie.

Last edited by KManX89; 27-10-17 at 15:11.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-17, 15:12   #37907
Costel

The latest episode of Arrow.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-17, 19:33   #37908
Blackmoor

At the last episode of Season 1 of How to get away with Murder.

Just binge watched it over the last few days. How have I never heard of this before? It's brilliant.

I'm really enjoying the twists and shockers. And Annelise and the gang are an interesting collection of characters and the way the episodes hinge around (supposed) legal lessons / lectures works well too.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-17, 00:14   #37909
Rai

La La Land. It was okay. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone played their parts well, both can sing well and there's clear chemistry between the two. I have no idea if Ryan can play and was actually playing the piano himself, but it looked and sounded impressive. As a musical I felt it was lacking a bit of oomph, especially in the second half. There were a couple of good songs, but one was played throughout and it became repetitive.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-17, 00:52   #37910
robm_2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
La La Land. It was okay. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone played their parts well, both can sing well and there's clear chemistry between the two. I have no idea if Ryan can play and was actually playing the piano himself, but it looked and sounded impressive. As a musical I felt it was lacking a bit of oomph, especially in the second half. There were a couple of good songs, but one was played throughout and it became repetitive.
Hear, hear.

It's visually beautiful, the musical numbers are done well (but the songs themselves are overshadowed by the main theme song/composition), and the story is boring! It's so generic and offers nothing. It's basically all show, with nothing to tell, which is why I didn't care for it.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote