Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 19-02-12, 14:31   #3881
TR FAN 18

I came across a Dwarven Centurion Master for the first time and it dropped Daedric Arrows. Where else can I find these arrows?
TR FAN 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-12, 14:33   #3882
xXhayleyroxXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catracoth View Post
I hated that Gauldur amulet quest - freakin' Draugrs scare me ****less.
Same! They're so freaky And they way they sneak out and attack you ;___;...

And that quest was so glitchy for me I had to wait for the ps3 patch to actually finish it.
xXhayleyroxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-12, 14:36   #3883
tomekkobialka

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
I was wondering if anyone with the PC version could please get a screenshot for me. It is on the mountain above Ironbind Barrow, the wordwall you did with Salma and that necromancing lizard who's name I have forgotten. If you go out the lower door in the wordwall room and up the stairs you come out at Ironbind Overlook just past the door is a treasure chest. Go up the mountain further (left side as you come out the door) there are three columns the bigger middle one has a treasure chest either side and there are two ice wraiths guarding the place. If you go up the mountain a bit further and look back, you will see that middle column has a little collection of seven potions on top of it. You can get them with Telekinesis, although I have yet to work out how to properly use it, I got them off that was enough.

Would someone like to get a screenshot of the potions perched up there for me? Please.
I'll try to do that next time I go on Skyrim.
tomekkobialka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-12, 16:39   #3884
Encore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR FAN 18 View Post
I came across a Dwarven Centurion Master for the first time and it dropped Daedric Arrows. Where else can I find these arrows?
Tell me about it, I only ever found like 10 of them, total. But the highest level I've reached was 31. I'm hoping that on even higher levels and especially near level 50, they will become more common.
Encore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-12, 19:14   #3885
tomekkobialka

Default Mount Anthor Summit images

OK, here is the column with the potions on top (and two dead ice wraiths at the bottom).

A closer look...

I came back later in the day, only to find that some potions have mysteriously disappeared...and others have mysteriously appeared:

I tried to 'Fus-Ro-Dah' the potions off the top but that only made them topple down the cliff...not very helpful. I tried 'Fus'-ing instead but even that was too unrelenting for the potions to handle. So I guess the only way is by using the Telekinesis spell...or pure determination:

Last edited by tomekkobialka; 19-02-12 at 19:15.
Old 19-02-12, 19:57   #3886
Encore

I assume one can get on top of it using whirlwind sprint.

I'm saying this because, just a couple of hours ago, I saw some stuff on the top of a tower across a gap. And I thought, "well now that I have the full whirlwind sprint shout, maybe I can avoid the hassle and go straight there." So..... I used the full shout, and ended up flying right past it, and even further, and over the edge of a cliff, and I died.

:|

That ****'s powerful, alright.
Encore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-12, 20:15   #3887
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encore View Post
Tell me about it, I only ever found like 10 of them, total. But the highest level I've reached was 31. I'm hoping that on even higher levels and especially near level 50, they will become more common.
Yes, they are more frequent at level 50 and above, but still, you'll have very, very few of them. But at those levels, you'll find more Ebony Arrows (and will be able to buy them from merchants), and they pack quite a punch already, too.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-12, 22:36   #3888
aussie500
Golden

Thanks for the screenshots tomekkobialka, will have to check out if they are random potions on the Xbox 360. Each time I loaded it they were the same, but I never went back on a different day. Was there still seven when they changed? How did you manage to get on top of the column?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encore View Post
I assume one can get on top of it using whirlwind sprint.

I'm saying this because, just a couple of hours ago, I saw some stuff on the top of a tower across a gap. And I thought, "well now that I have the full whirlwind sprint shout, maybe I can avoid the hassle and go straight there." So..... I used the full shout, and ended up flying right past it, and even further, and over the edge of a cliff, and I died.

:|

That ****'s powerful, alright.
I can climb or jump to most high points, but not a straight column that far away, I tried whirlwind sprint but always just flew over it, and lost a bit of health falling. I usually aim at a solid wall or rock when flying like that. But there is nothing to act as a stop on top of that column.

Now if anyone can explain how to actually use telekinesis it would be helpful. I managed to topple each potion off with it, but could not really add them to inventory or throw them so must have been doing something wrong. I tried that spell out when I first got it and ended up giving up, it seemed pretty useless, should have known they would eventually force me to use it on something. Just plain walking down and picking them all up had to do. But yes I first tried getting there myself with Whirlwind Sprint, then blew them all off and scattered them all over the mountain with Unrelenting Force. I even shot them off with arrows before realising Telekinesis would probably do.

And having a wander around the area further exploring netted me that Mount Anthor dragon, who flew over for a look. I had knocked that one off a few times already, but never had it come looking for me before. Never realised its perching place was just down the mountain a bit.

Last edited by aussie500; 19-02-12 at 22:40.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-12, 23:19   #3889
tomekkobialka

Quote:
I can climb or jump to most high points, but not a straight column that far away, I tried whirlwind sprint but always just flew over it, and lost a bit of health falling. I usually aim at a solid wall or rock when flying like that. But there is nothing to act as a stop on top of that column.
I guess after a lot of trial and error one can manage to find themselves on top of the column. Though that is a hit-and-miss method, and somewhat abuses the physics in Skyrim.

Quote:
Now if anyone can explain how to actually use telekinesis it would be helpful. I managed to topple each potion off with it, but could not really add them to inventory or throw them so must have been doing something wrong. I tried that spell out when I first got it and ended up giving up, it seemed pretty useless, should have known they would eventually force me to use it on something. Just plain walking down and picking them all up had to do. But yes I first tried getting there myself with Whirlwind Sprint, then blew them all off and scattered them all over the mountain with Unrelenting Force. I even shot them off with arrows before realising Telekinesis would probably do.
I'm not sure how to use Telekinesis actually, haven't used it before. I'll look into it, though. Unrelenting Force is useless and impractical, though.

Quote:
And having a wander around the area further exploring netted me that Mount Anthor dragon, who flew over for a look. I had knocked that one off a few times already, but never had it come looking for me before. Never realised its perching place was just down the mountain a bit.
Yep, I came across that dragon, too. For a moment I thought you lured me into a trap. Though I somehow managed to sprint it out and got to the top of the mountain without having to fight it.

I got to the top of that column by exploiting the game itself. There's a nifty 'cheat' in the PC version where you can run wherever you like, without having to worry about gravity or being stopped by objects. I used that only for the purpose of the screenshots, though.
Old 19-02-12, 23:35   #3890
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomekkobialka View Post
I guess after a lot of trial and error one can manage to find themselves on top of the column. Though that is a hit-and-miss method, and somewhat abuses the physics in Skyrim.

I'm not sure how to use Telekinesis actually, haven't used it before. I'll look into it, though. Unrelenting Force is useless and impractical, though.

Yep, I came across that dragon, too. For a moment I thought you lured me into a trap. Though I somehow managed to sprint it out and got to the top of the mountain without having to fight it.

I got to the top of that column by exploiting the game itself. There's a nifty 'cheat' in the PC version where you can run wherever you like, without having to worry about gravity or being stopped by objects. I used that only for the purpose of the screenshots, though.
Thanks tomekkobialka, I had an idea you cheated, but just wanted to be sure I had not missed out on some nifty way of getting some place. I had seen PC players walking on air, so knew it was possible. I would love to be able to take screenshots, but my PC is just not up to playing the PC version.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote