Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 09-03-12, 01:07   #3991
Nausinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlestew View Post
Actually, a a quad core is more recommended for Skyrim, and the 5450 is a low-end/mid-range card. It should still run just fine on the right settings, though.
I need to buy some components for my PC, I need a new processor and motherboard for it to sit in (Can't' upgrade my current motherboard).
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 10:12   #3992
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlestew View Post
Actually, a a quad core is more recommended for Skyrim, and the 5450 is a low-end/mid-range card. It should still run just fine on the right settings, though.
Mine is
Windows XP Home Edition service pack 2
Pentium 4, 2.6GHz
3Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 512.0 MB AGP (with old drivers)
1680 x 1050 screen

Was practically unplayable on medium settings at 1680 x 1050, there was too much lag. I can play it in windowed mode on high settings at 1024 x 640 and never noticed any lag. Mind you I never played it that much to test it under all conditions, but I was happy it was playable. I still prefer playing on the Xbox 360 though. I would think if I could get it to play OK Nausinous would be able to with what looks like a lot better PC.

Edit
Finally got a new book for my Skyrim collection, Chaurus Pie: A Recipe. Yuk! Who would want to make a pie out of one of those bugs.

Last edited by aussie500; 09-03-12 at 10:47.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 14:07   #3993
TR FAN 18

OK, I just got 6 Daedric Arrows from a Bandit Marauder. I still only have 15 of these though.
TR FAN 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 14:25   #3994
Eddie Haskell

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Mine is
Windows XP Home Edition service pack 2
Pentium 4, 2.6GHz
3Gb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 512.0 MB AGP (with old drivers)
1680 x 1050 screen

Was practically unplayable on medium settings at 1680 x 1050, there was too much lag. I can play it in windowed mode on high settings at 1024 x 640 and never noticed any lag. Mind you I never played it that much to test it under all conditions, but I was happy it was playable. I still prefer playing on the Xbox 360 though. I would think if I could get it to play OK Nausinous would be able to with what looks like a lot better PC.

Edit
Finally got a new book for my Skyrim collection, Chaurus Pie: A Recipe. Yuk! Who would want to make a pie out of one of those bugs.
Are you kidding? What you have there is borderline antique! And if you can actually play the game and still enjoy it you're amazing...

I guess I'm just very spoiled in that it would take me about three seconds to decide to get a new PC. If my games cannot run at their best then I don't want to play them. And strangely enough this means that sometimes I need to go back in time to an older set of hardware or operating system.

Ummmmm, Chaurus Pie!
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 22:08   #3995
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
Are you kidding? What you have there is borderline antique! And if you can actually play the game and still enjoy it you're amazing...

I guess I'm just very spoiled in that it would take me about three seconds to decide to get a new PC. If my games cannot run at their best then I don't want to play them. And strangely enough this means that sometimes I need to go back in time to an older set of hardware or operating system.

Ummmmm, Chaurus Pie!
Game plays great on the antique, I do not mind having it in windowed mode. Unfortunately at the moment what little spare money I have goes into the house. So it will be years before I can buy a new PC. If this one breaks down and requires any expensive parts I will be forced to fix the even older antique just to get online. Which is why I depend on the consoles for gaming, they are less likely to break and never need upgrading. And for someone challenged when attempting to use a keyboard, the Xbox 360 controller is still better than anything I have for the PC.

That marriage ceremony was so short, the groom almost missed it! Never even had a chance to talk to the few guests who turned up, I was so busy chasing the blushing bride before she rushed out the door. I ended up staying married, finally got Iona out of Honeyside and installed her over at the Windhelm house which has more room. Having two housecarls in one house can be double the pain, but I am hardly ever home anyway. I had two other housecarls at the wedding but not Lydia, they could have all turned up. Pretty sure the third guest was Erandur, but never got a chance to check. Next it will be time to return my skeleton key, I am running out of major quests.

Edit
As a compulsive collector, is it possible to get a set of Draugr Deathlord Armor? That one with the blue stones looks really nice.

Last edited by aussie500; 10-03-12 at 04:23.
Old 15-03-12, 19:38   #3996
Samsdad

Default New patch

Adds kill cam in addition to bug fixes.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...kill-cams.aspx
Samsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-12, 19:48   #3997
Catracoth
Inactive

Those new kill cams are amazing!
Catracoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-12, 22:10   #3998
TR FAN 18

>Can you train me to be better at Archery?
>Cost: 4170 Gold

WHAT?!

Also, looking forward to the 1.5 update! I'm on Xbox.

Last edited by TR FAN 18; 15-03-12 at 22:12.
TR FAN 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-12, 22:23   #3999
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR FAN 18 View Post
>Can you train me to be better at Archery?
>Cost: 4170 Gold

WHAT?!

Also, looking forward to the 1.5 update! I'm on Xbox.
Cost goes up as your skill level does, you must already have a fairly high archery skill level.

Nice to see they fixed the weapon rack bug with Proudspire Manor, hopefully soon they get around to fixing the bugs with the Honeyside racks and Mannequins. And the obscure bug with the Hjerim knife display case. Will be fun checking out the new kill cam when the Xbox 360 updates. Although I am lousy at fighting, I have to work on the one and two handed skills soon, so should get plenty of variety. Starting to run out of skills to upgrade.
Old 15-03-12, 22:35   #4000
larson n natla

Its been like a month since I last player Skyrim, the novelty wore off after two weeks.

May dip back into it and check out the new kill cams soon.
larson n natla is offline   Reply With Quote