Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: Do you mind the long break CD is taking in terms of releasing information?
Yes, it's pretty annoying. 93 30.39%
It's okay, I don't mind. 142 46.41%
No, I'm happy about it. 40 13.07%
Been busy with penguins, there's a new TR in development? 31 10.13%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-03-12, 20:35   #321
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavo120 View Post
a few screenshots after 6-7 months waiting can not ruin game...so you are here too smart, unnecessarily
It can actually, because things in those screenshots can not make it into the final version like what happened in Legend. A lot of people said they couldn't fully enjoy legend because they keep thinking of what could've been. CD will release info when they feel it's safe to release screenshots and info and be sure everythign will make it into the final version. so Furthermore, i didn't say he was making himself sound stupid and delusional because he wanted news, but because he was telling someone there is no friggin' way they could be happy without news. Now, how the HELL can you tell someone else what THEY're feeling?

Last edited by leglion; 24-03-12 at 20:43.
leglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12, 20:38   #322
TippingWater

They will show us more when they will be ready. There is no point in rushing things. I am sure that once the media embargo lifts, we will be pleased with what we will get to see and experience.
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12, 20:41   #323
slavo120

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglion View Post
It can actually........
ok my response was maybe also unnecessarily exaggerated...
Everyone has own an opinion.......so people we must keep together and wait

Last edited by slavo120; 24-03-12 at 20:51.
slavo120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12, 20:49   #324
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
It can actually, because things in those screenshots can not make it into the final version like what happened in Legend. A lot of people said they couldn't fully enjoy legend because they keep thinking of what could've been. CD will release info when they feel it's safe to release screenshots and info and be sure everythign will make it into the final version.
I think that if that is their strategy it kind of makes sense now, Because some of us round here can't fully enjoy Legend or AOD because of thinking what could have been personally iv'e been experiencing this everytime i play AOD. So if their strategy is to do that and release screenshots when they're ready and when they are certain they will be in the final version then they're doing it right rather than leaving us unsatisfied like it happened with AOD. :/
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12, 21:11   #325
Lukass

Quote:
You just made yourself sound really stupid and delusional. There are people who are genuinely happy because they know that what happened with underworld won't happen again.
That makes zero sense.
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12, 21:13   #326
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
That makes zero sense.
It makes a whole lotta sense. Disagree? Please elaborate. Just saying it won't make it factual.
Old 24-03-12, 21:16   #327
NRO.

Quote:
It can actually, because things in those screenshots can not make it into the final version like what happened in Legend. A lot of people said they couldn't fully enjoy legend because they keep thinking of what could've been. CD will release info when they feel it's safe to release screenshots and info and be sure everythign will make it into the final version. so Furthermore, i didn't say he was making himself sound stupid and delusional because he wanted news, but because he was telling someone there is no friggin' way they could be happy without news. Now, how the HELL can you tell someone else what THEY're feeling?
That's wrong. The game is pretty much in beta right now, meaning that whatsever in it now will not be cut. All we're asking for is how the game looks now with updated textures and whatnot. Something like this.

Last edited by NRO.; 24-03-12 at 21:17. Reason: link FAIL
NRO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-12, 21:30   #328
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRO. View Post
That's wrong. The game is pretty much in beta right now, meaning that whatsever in it now will not be cut. All we're asking for is how the game looks now with updated textures and whatnot. Something like this.
Meagan Marie(or Karl, can't quite remember) said herself/himself that each game studio has their own definition of Beta, pre beta, etc. So you can't really say that. Meagan Marie said at this point, they're ironing out the kinks and glitches so stuff can still be cut because it's too glitchy, like the rocket launcher in legend.

Last edited by leglion; 24-03-12 at 21:39.
Old 24-03-12, 21:51   #329
Dark Lugia 2

I don't care. But I do think it was stupid of them to reveal the new game so early. CD/Eidos have this habbit of releasing epic trailers/announcements that get people BUZZING and then fail to keep it up while development continues. Its not one of the 'most anticipated game of 2012' because everyone that matters has forgot about it now.
Dark Lugia 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12, 01:48   #330
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
You just made yourself sound really stupid and delusional. There are people who are genuinely happy because they know that what happened with underworld won't happen again.
Really? You are delusional maybe? Before E3 2008 we had a few magazine articles for TRU which only showed us part of one level and a teaser trailer released just before E3, we had not even seen gameplay footage yet. How exactly do you come to the conclusion we are not getting just as much information about the new game.

We already have a lot more info on this one than we had on TRU at the same time before the release date. But obviously some fans just get greedy and keep expecting more, and some just choose to forget what they got last time a Tomb Raider game was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
He thinks they shouldn't have appeared at E3 2011.
I kinda agree. They should've showed the game first at GDC 2012 then take info break till E3 2012. That would've been so much better.
Better for us if they had not shown it at E3 2011, not better for Crystal Dynamics though, since they needed that time and publicity to get gamers interested in the reboot. They would hardly be as interested as they are now if the game was only just shown this year, it takes time to build up grass roots interest, especially for Tomb Raider. Even people who have never played a Tomb Raider game by know would have heard about the new game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lugia 2 View Post
I don't care. But I do think it was stupid of them to reveal the new game so early. CD/Eidos have this habbit of releasing epic trailers/announcements that get people BUZZING and then fail to keep it up while development continues. Its not one of the 'most anticipated game of 2012' because everyone that matters has forgot about it now.
Tomb Raider has appeared in all the lists I have seen for the most anticipated game of 2012. It even appeared on the lists for the local retailers, which a Tomb Raider game in Australia has not been on for over a decade!

Last edited by aussie500; 25-03-12 at 01:55.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote