Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 13-04-17, 11:12   #11
dcw123

- tombs - real ones this time Lara has to pass through (levels as such, like classics and LAU series - not optional challenge one room places like reboot)
I want an entire level to be a tomb - traps and enemies etc.

-TRAPS! - cannot stress this enough, it just isn't a TR game without proper traps, spikes, pits and boulders. One of the reasons I still like LAU over Reboot.
Syria was OK but the traps were not in real time.

-Duals - come on .. they gotta do it at some point right? Even if they made guns more prominent.. I hate that friggin' bow!

- Variety in levels .. globetrotting - keeps the adventure from getting stale. I got so bored of seeing snow in Rise by the end. Syria should have been longer.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 11:24   #12
AshesBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
- tombs - real ones this time Lara has to pass through (levels as such, like classics and LAU series - not optional challenge one room places like reboot)
I want an entire level to be a tomb - traps and enemies etc.

-TRAPS! - cannot stress this enough, it just isn't a TR game without proper traps, spikes, pits and boulders. One of the reasons I still like LAU over Reboot.
Syria was OK but the traps were not in real time.

-Duals - come on .. they gotta do it at some point right? Even if they made guns more prominent.. I hate that friggin' bow!

- Variety in levels .. globetrotting - keeps the adventure from getting stale. I got so bored of seeing snow in Rise by the end. Syria should have been longer.
YES! All of the above, please. Especially the first two points. Screw the open littered hubs, I want a tomb as a hub.
AshesBorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 11:26   #13
dcw123

^ I'd actually prefer levels to make a comeback - something along the lines of TR4 perhaps (some hubs, some single levels)

I got SO bored of all the collectable quest **** all modern games seem to do these days.
Massive hubs with nothing really to do in them lol

That way, they could add time trials back too - they were fun for replay value.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 12:44   #14
anniversarytr11

I thought the traps in the tombs of Rise (The crumbling floors and spike traps) where a big step in the right direction, especially on Survivor difficulty where was little time to react. I also think the puzzles/tombs are heading in the right direction, for example the cistern tomb in Rise was my favourite part of the game, it was such a call back to the first game and it was done pretty well and the first time I played it I did get stuck and took a while to figure out how to open certain pipes with explosives that seemed inaccessible.

I would like the dual pistols to make a comeback but still have the bow and arrow as optional because I LOVE the bow and arrow, I think it is such a satisfying weapon.

I also would like the next game to have more variety and globe trotting but in the way that Last Revelation did it. Each "hub" or level would be non-linear and have lots to explore and parts that you can only get to after upgrading or getting gear or a certain key. I do miss there being keys, locks and levers, I don't think they should be part of puzzles and tombs as much as they were in the classics though. I like that the puzzles in Rise and reboot are physics and elemental based!
anniversarytr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 13:57   #15
Portugalraider

Well, for me I want:

- Dual Pistols. Maybe they could do more damage and higher fire rate, but lower accuracy and higher ammo waist (when compared to a single pistol);

- Non-physic based puzzles, just for variety;

- A bigger embrace from the supernatural, both with enemies and locations;

- Non-human enemies especially in tombs, either being animals or monsters. Honestly think this is the biggest problem with the "mostly combat" complaints both reboot games had. The problem is not the amount of combat encounters, it's that those combat encontres are mostly human or human-like based.

- Mandatory exploration segments, not only on the Hubs, but also on tombs;

- More confidant Lara, filled with sass. She is getting there, but she is getting there a bit too slowly.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 14:12   #16
ESCachuli

- Less rope-arrow puzzles, more variety.
- Classic-esque Lara, with classic styled outfit and dual guns. The personality should also evolve a little towards classic Lara. More dry and witty, less social worker.
- Less magnetic platforming, more manual.
- More gracious animations, Rise Lara is still clumsy, a lot of her surviving falls on dumb luck rather than skill. The part where she grabs Ana and ties her feet on the rope is awesome, but then they survive only because Ana gets tied because of a lucky shot.
- NO MORE DAD.
- The things Blackmoor said.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 14:18   #17
Moon-Safari

Chunks of fun tombs with unintereupted gameplay. I just want a toolset and a habitat of ways to use it on my own. I want to see cool rooms that give me the freedom to explore them. I'm so tired of limited environments with handholding and empty interactions.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 16:43   #18
daventry

Smile

A Yeti or something Mystical with the four elements, Anything then this so called Realism Square is trying to spoon feed the TR Franchise and Community.

I mean the Baba Yaga DLC was Fantastic, but lets not go through this Illusion Fake whatever again.

Last edited by daventry; 13-04-17 at 16:47.
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 17:39   #19
Chamayoo

- Proper swimming and swinging
- The environment which hurts Lara (fire, poison, quicksand, etc...)
- Sprint jump, crouching, monkey swing, etc.
- Lot of wildlife
- Boss fights !
- Uninterrupted gameplay
- Strong interaction with the environment

If all of this is include in the next game, it would be the best since TR4.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 13-04-17 at 17:42.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 18:07   #20
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
- Proper swimming and swinging
- The environment which hurts Lara (fire, poison, quicksand, etc...)
- Sprint jump, crouching, monkey swing, etc.
- Lot of wildlife
- Boss fights !
- Uninterrupted gameplay
- Strong interaction with the environment

If all of this is include in the next game, it would be the best since TR4.
I actually 100% agree with this list.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote