Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 09-02-15, 17:52   #14471
AODfan

I decided to compile screenshots from most of the level I've built so far into one huge image to see how I improved over the years
It's way too large to post it as picture here so I'll have to just link it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../Reference.png

beware it's 17mb large

I was thinking about posting the playable levels as I don't think I'll continue any of these but I don't want them to end up on trle.net or any other site
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-15, 18:07   #14472
Caesum

AODfan - may I ask you how did you do that TRAOD HUD? It looks fantastic. I always wanted to have one, but failed in making it.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-15, 18:11   #14473
larafan25

I would assume it's an image, on-screen. And the area with the red bar is pink/ invisible with the health bar's coordinates being where the transparent part of the image is.

I'm not sure how it's semi-transparent though, unless that is one of the options in the script. lOVE THESE SCREENS BTW. :d
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-15, 18:12   #14474
AODfan

Pretty sure I placed the HUD in the Custom_Sprites slot and triggered it at the beginning of the level.
The boarders of the health bar were removed with FLEP. I think I wanted to remove the background of the health bar with FLEP too but it didn't work out so I just stuck to the default black
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-15, 18:25   #14475
Raider99

I can notice huge improvement from late 2010 to Venice level!
All of that reminds me of my improvement over the years... So many bad memories, screens... But you inspired me to make one of my own pictures like that, everything put together in one place, so lovely.
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 11:56   #14476
Raider99

Ok, so I packed all of my project pics to show my improvement, but I have many more "minor" projects that are mostly 1 to 20 rooms, so they're not worth showing.

CLICK ME

*whoops, double post*
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 12:15   #14477
Soul
Golden

You both improved a lot over the years! Nice job
Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 14:02   #14478
TheTiger

It's been so long since i did one of these 'over-time-progress' post. Maybe i should do one too for the sake of nostalgia.

Its funny seeing you two levels' in one image as i know you for a while...

EDIT:
BTW Soul its time for you to show something again, too.
TheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 23:28   #14479
larafan25

I haven't posted anything significant in a while, and I'm still not posting anything significant. But I'm really chill and happy, because I've figured out, finally, how to make natural/ layered/ boxy caves with properly divided walls. I mean. It wasn't a secret or anything. But, it's hard to break old habits and ... yeah.

I've also discovered that there is more to the word "atmosphere" than... the literal or physical atmosphere of the world, for lack of better terms. What I mean is that atmosphere exists in the real world, in forests and caves, and it's beautiful. But we're not just trying to emulate the real world, as the player is in a video game, and so now there is this other atmosphere that exists. This new task of convincing the player that they're in the reality of a false reality. I think this is what I've been aiming for lately, and I'm into it.

edit: I'm coke-y. What I mean is, I'm trying to emulate the TR1 atmosphere. Goodness.

edit: Super special sneak peak

Last edited by larafan25; 11-02-15 at 00:20.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-15, 09:22   #14480
Caesum

I love it! You should definitely keep it that way!

You sure you don't have a gorilla object occupying LAR_BODYSL slot on line 18(in TRLE Sound Editor)?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote