www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 14-05-18, 19:40   #11
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

The only flaw Core had was continuity in animations they chosed to be out in game. There wasn't any balancing beams to be walked acrossed on like there was in Chronicles, and I wish you could have been able to role after sprinting. Also flip whilst diving in mid air/flip whilst jumping. That's what I would have added to the sequels of AOD, or I guess you say "re-add" but that's just me. Maybe they did that on purpose because they thought the moves were too retro or something.
Old 15-05-18, 20:09   #12
TRExpertgamer
Student

by any chance, is Tomb Raider the Angel of Darkness a sequel right after the Prophecy?
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-18, 21:17   #13
_Seth
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
-....is it bad I would want to take away the 'straight up' jump?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
The only flaw Core had was continuity in animations they chosed to be out in game. There wasn't any balancing beams to be walked acrossed on like there was in Chronicles, and I wish you could have been able to role after sprinting. Also flip whilst diving in mid air/flip whilst jumping. That's what I would have added to the sequels of AOD, or I guess you say "re-add" but that's just me. Maybe they did that on purpose because they thought the moves were too retro or something.
So you would specifically remove the standing straight up jump, but then want to reimplement moves that were removed...?
Old 18-05-18, 03:19   #14
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
So you would specifically remove the standing straight up jump, but then want to reimplement moves that were removed...?
Yeah so? I didn't like the straight up jump, what's your point.
Old 19-05-18, 13:10   #15
Caesum
Tomb Raider

What I would add:

- The ability to combine items (was going to be in GAME ONE).
- The ability to combine guns into dual guns (was also going to be in GAME ONE).
- More sandbox-like levels with multiple ways to get to the same places.
- More tombs, ancient places, medieval locations.

What I would change:
- Combat system entirely. It was bad in TR1-5 and it was garbage in TR6. I would make it manual like TR2013 with possibilities to cover and throw stuff (was going to be in GAME ONE).
- Controls. The basic PS2 idea was fine, with camera being moved independently, but everything around it was bad. For starters I would remove 3D controls leftovers such us jumping back and left/right. I would make Lara always jump facing the direction the analog stick is pushed to. I would also remove the necessity of clicking ctrl while jumping and instead allow Lara to automatically grab environment she touches (Prince of Persia alike). Same goes to crouching.
- RPG elements. Let's face it, the version we've got was garbage and the version Core wanted to have was too difficult to achieve. Instead I would make Lara learn new skills which would help her get to places she wasn't able to reach before.
Caesum is online now   Reply With Quote