www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 15-05-18, 12:27   #41
TheLostSecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabani33 View Post
Read the last title on that list and tell me if you still think it's not fake?

I must say that list did fool me a bit until I read the fifth entry.
Thanks .
TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-18, 13:15   #42
.:Tirivol:.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
Apparently Naughtydog was trying to get rights to TR way back when it was up for grabs when Core was let go back in 2005 ish but Crystal won.
Where did you read this fake news?
.:Tirivol:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-18, 13:57   #43
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Tirivol:. View Post
Where did you read this fake news?
I honestly can't remember at this point :P all I remember is that more that one company was trying to gain rights for TR when it was up for grabs but even that might be fake.
Old 15-05-18, 18:13   #44
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostSecret View Post
Are you sure it's fake ... How come ?

I'm so afraid ... Please someone answer me !
They are fan-made logos, made by an italian fan.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-18, 11:46   #45
TheLostSecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
They are fan-made logos, made by an italian fan.
Thanks .
TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-18, 18:01   #46
RAID
Tomb Raider

Anniversary was by far one of the worst games I've ever played as it was awfully repetitive with the endless ledge hopping. As a remake and tribute to the original is even worse as the game was heavily butchered and terribly simplified. To add salt to the wound, the commentaries were simply abysmal.

I welcome a proper remake of the original 4 games, but if done the way Anniversary was handled, I would much rather they didn't.

It was already hard enough to digest one TRA, let alone another.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-18, 22:05   #47
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
Anniversary was by far one of the worst games I've ever played as it was awfully repetitive with the endless ledge hopping. As a remake and tribute to the original is even worse as the game was heavily butchered and terribly simplified. To add salt to the wound, the commentaries were simply abysmal.

I welcome a proper remake of the original 4 games, but if done the way Anniversary was handled, I would much rather they didn't.

It was already hard enough to digest one TRA, let alone another.
For me it was the cutscenes and Keeleys gentle voice. Core Design were really ahead of its time in 1996 in there FMVs, they felt cinematic, very movie like. I felt Anniversary lacked that just a tad but that's just an arbitrary notion. Keeleys voice was way too soft to be Lara, (example, when she says "this is madness") it didn't sound badass, she showed too much remorse when killing bad guys and over all it was just underwhelming. Maybe I am being overly critical or harsh or something and being too judgemental. But that was my take on Anniversary's story mode.
Old 16-05-18, 23:45   #48
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

I actually take back what I what I said cos I want them to keep making Guardian of light games, eek! Sorry!
Old 17-05-18, 02:07   #49
LAUFan
Hobbyist

Thumbs up

I'd buy a TR2 remake! I really want to like the Core classics, but the clunky controls and Lego-esque graphics are a barrier to my enjoyment so I'd definitely be into a remake with LAU or even reboot-style gameplay mechanics. I tried to download the fan-made remake version "Dagger of Xian" but had trouble with compatibility to my computer
LAUFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-18, 04:58   #50
LaraThaRaider
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
For me it was the cutscenes and Keeley's gentle voice. Core Design was really ahead of its time in 1996 in THEIR FMVs, they felt cinematic, very movie like. I felt Anniversary lacked that just a tad but that's just an arbitrary notion. Keeleys voice was way too soft to be Lara, (example, when she says "this is madness") it didn't sound badass, she showed too much remorse when killing bad guys and over all it was just underwhelming. Maybe I am being overly critical or harsh or something and being too judgemental. But that was my take on Anniversary's story mode.
I don't get what's wrong with Lara showing emotion though? It was the first time she had actually killed someone in a chronological standpoint. And when she says "This is madness!" why should she say it badass? She's supposed to say it gently and kinda soft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAUFan View Post
I'd buy a TR2 remake! I really want to like the Core classics, but the clunky controls and Lego-esque graphics are a barrier to my enjoyment so I'd definitely be into a remake with LAU or even reboot-style gameplay mechanics. I tried to download the fan-made remake version "Dagger of Xian" but had trouble with compatibility to my computer
No. Reboot mechanics are for the Reboot, if they ever bring those mechanics into a remake/something else classic, I'll be really mad, considering that the reboot mechanics are mostly shooting