Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Old 19-05-16, 18:52   #41
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
I am just saying that the last game Chronicles, leaves much to be desired graphics wise in comparison with other games released in the same year. I hope you can agree with that. I think even the Core team agrees with that, because they tried to build AoD with its better graphics next, and they succeeded in making a very good looking game, even though they failed with AoD in other aspects.
Yes, I agree. I've already said that their engine was pretty much irrelevant by Chronicles. You'll see the big development happening through TR1-3.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-16, 10:52   #42
Simochka

Quote:
How big are you guys's hands?

For perspective, I can hook my thumbs together and touch my pinkies to the corners of my keyboard. Jamming my fingers down for GoL combos is... problematic. If I were a piano player with nimble fingers maybe I could do this, but... I don't have nimble hands.

I had so much trouble I thought my TR senses had gotten retarded, so I decided to play some Legend levels again... nope, no problem there. It's GoL.

For me, I think having a controller for this game would be a must.
Seems like my hands are slightly bigger than yours. I never had problems with this games controls. It takes alot of getting used to though. I always have to keep my hands in awkward positions when playing pc games.
Simochka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-16, 11:13   #43
Cipher

WASD let's you move only in 8 directions. Without the aftertouch feature it is impossible to pull off precision jumps for some of the challenges. In ToO they mitigated this problem by letting you manoeuvre mid-air. This is not the only problem of this system. There cannot be very high elevations in this game because if you stand behind a tower or a tall object it will block your view.

The only solution to make the controls compatible with keyboard is to allow the rotation of the camera. Preferably using the Q and E keys.

Last edited by Cipher; 30-05-16 at 17:09.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-16, 12:08   #44
Sir Launcelot

^ How many directions can you move in if you use a controller then?
Sir Launcelot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-16, 12:25   #45
Cipher

Quote:
^ How many directions can you move in if you use a controller then?
It is analog. You can easily make lara trace the circumference of a circle using a controller but can't using a keyboard.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-16, 12:42   #46
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
It is analog. You can easily make lara trace the circumference of a circle using a controller but can't using a keyboard.
On the other hand, aiming is way more precise.
But yeah, while I think it's pretty much playable and enjoyable with keyboard/mouse, controller have a better trade betwen aiming and controlling.

But saying is useless without a controller is kinda wrong.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-16, 18:31   #47
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
WASD let's you move only in 8 directions. Without the aftertouch feature it is impossible to pull off precision jumps for some of the challenges. In ToO they mitigated this problem by letting you manoeuvre mid-air. This is not the only problem of this system. There cannot be very high elevations in this game because if you stand behind a tower or a tall object it will block your view.

The only solution to make the controls compatible with keyboard is to allow the rotation of the camera. Preferably using the Q and E keys.
Yup. That's because this game is designed to be played with a gamepad. People using a keyboard to play this game are simply not using the proper tools suited for the task. You don't bring a knife to a gunfight and so on...
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote