Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 08-02-20, 17:01   #1
CroftManiac05

Default Your guilty pleasure movie

What movie , that you know is bad , do you enjoy watching?

Mine is Ultraviolet.

The CGI is laughable at best and the story is a mess, but I like watching it from time to time. I have a soft spot for female led action movies and games, and combined with the futuristic scene, I just couldn't resist. Mila Jovovich throws a really good performance. What I love about this film is the fight scenes. The choreography and the music is great.

It had great potential, I would like to see a remake or a continuation some day.

This is my favorite

Also the infamous "no touch" scene. It's hilarious how they make a circle around her, leading to their death, but her moves are so slick.

CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 01:53   #2
Ashnod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftManiac05 View Post
What movie , that you know is bad , do you enjoy watching?

Mine is Ultraviolet.
I'll have a proper response later, but for now, regarding Ultraviolet, all I can say is this...

"OH, it's ON."

"Yes, it IS."
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 03:27   #3
charmedangelin

Nevermind

Last edited by charmedangelin; 11-02-20 at 03:45. Reason: Removed joke
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 03:31   #4
Ashnod

Jem and the Holograms

Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 09:58   #5
SnatchingEdges

It's a guilty pleasure genre. I love all parody movies like Scary Movie, Epic Movie and god I'M IN LOVE WITH THE STARVING GAMES.

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 11-02-20 at 10:53.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 10:55   #6
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Default Moonraker

Last edited by The Great Chi; 11-02-20 at 20:55.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 11:29   #7
_Seth

I've never understood the concept of "guilty pleasure" films because if I enjoy them, then they're good. I can only go on the basis of most people thinking the following films are bad:

_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 18:26   #8
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I've never understood the concept of "guilty pleasure" films because if I enjoy them, then they're good.
I think what it means is entertainment that doesn't have to be necessarily bad, because how could they be: it's a matter of opinion anyway - but it's usually not what you call high art and often caters to the lowest common denominator.

To me that would be Predator, The Rock, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The Naked Gun.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 19:03   #9
rewak

Blair Witch 2, easy. It's the most generic late 90s/early 00s teen horror movie ever made and I love it
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 19:38   #10
Quebsenuef

I don’t know if there’s any movies that I enjoy that I’m not willing to admit to in order to make it a guilty pleasure.

Maybe Titanic? I love the aesthetic of the movie and everything. The love story is alright. I’m mainly in it for the ship. I do get a little weepy over Rose making the decision to die with Jack and let the lifeboat pass. That’s ****ing tragic in my eyes. Then she changes her mind bc of the promise she made and saves her own life for Jack. OOF. Heart strings.

Oh!! I know one or two. I guess they’re guilty pleasures since they’re “Chick Flicks” but I don’t care.

Legally Blonde - I love that movie. Reese Witherspoon was fantastic. I love the story of overcoming all obstacles to be with the one you love, but then realizing that your own self worth is far more greater than that love.. and that the journey you went on has shown you you’re more than what you thought you were. You’re better than you thought you were. Such a good, happy, funny, uplifting movie!

Mean Girls - I don’t care who knows it, I love this movie. I have a pink “That’s so Fetch” teeshirt, Ive been to the movie parties, I was even crowned Spring Fling King at one of them! I still have the crown they gave me somewhere. It’s such a good movie and about every line is comedy genius. I’ll never stop loving that movie. I laugh every time.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote