Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 13-05-16, 00:22   #21
TheRCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
well that's a relief! I can sleep at night now that Camilla has given her permission to Alicia to play "her" in the movie!
I really hope you're joking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Well, that's what she says publicly, but there is always the possiblility she's anonymously trashing Alicia on the internet to vent her frustrations. IDK.
I knew I would if I was Camilla just kidding

Although it saddens me a bit because it's clear Camilla really wanted to play Lara in the movies, I'm not at all unhappy that Alicia got the role, I'm actually quite excited!

Last edited by TheRCroft; 13-05-16 at 00:26.
TheRCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-16, 20:07   #22
laracroft1997

i dont see the point of giving her "blessing" if the character isn't even hers but alright...
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-16, 20:42   #23
Rai

As I said elsewhere, the 'giving her blessing' wording is the article writer's, not Camilla's. Camilla was asked for her opinion on Alicia taking the role and she gave it, praising Alicia and saying she's excited to see her interpretation of the role. I don't see how anyone can have a problem with that. For reboot Lara, Camilla is the only actress to play the role at least as the VA and mo-cap actress, so it's understandable if she sees the role of reboot Lara as hers currently.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-16, 20:42   #24
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
I am deeply sadned and somehow pitiful for Camilla not to have the definitive boost on her career. I love her work with Tomb Raider so it's a shame. Considering the motion capture, the time she already spent with the character, and the love that you gain by a character in doing so it's going to be shocking to see another person portraying Lara, even if it's a good actress. Take note guys, get ready for a new generations of fans, because even if the movie will be shockingly good, it will change the whole concept once again as TR 2001 did.
Yup and that influence couldn't have come at a better time when tomb raider needed it the most. Judging from Rise, CD is out of ideas. Let a grade A director, actor, and screenwriters guide the franchise forward a few more steps. I couldn't be happier about that.
Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-16, 22:49   #25
Heidi_w_

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRCroft View Post
Although it saddens me a bit because it's clear Camilla really wanted to play Lara in the movies, I'm not at all unhappy that Alicia got the role, I'm actually quite excited!
Hopefully she's under contract to voice in-game Lara for the foreseeable future -- Camilla!Lara is lovely
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-16, 22:56   #26
Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi_w_ View Post
Hopefully she's under contract to voice in-game Lara for the foreseeable future -- Camilla!Lara is lovely
I hope it ends with the next game, Time to give someone else the role imo.

I miss my lara
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-16, 23:04   #27
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi_w_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
I hope it ends with the next game, Time to give someone else the role imo.

I miss my lara
She should definitely be doing the voice and motion-capture work until the next reboot. Of course with the next reboot it will be only natural to hire someone else.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-16, 09:19   #28
Phlip
Inactive

I would LOVE it is Alicia took over the motion capture role. We need to keep the standard high, not sea bed-reachingly low with Camilla.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-16, 09:55   #29
lizardspock110

I actually like Camilla's voice, if once the movie comes out and they use Alicia to voice Lara In my opinion the games would not feel unique and reach a certain quality that they do, The games are the most important thing in this franchise, they should keep it separate because its better that way
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-16, 10:03   #30
MBog

They didn t even ask her for an audition? I think she feels horrible now... I really like her role in Grey s Anatomy, she s a great actor too...
I think Alicia is too skinny to play Lara... Imagine she has to do all that jumps and falls...+ Lara has Roth's training Alicia does not look like she has any muscles at all...
I am not saying that I hate Alicia, but she isn t the great choice for the look of a british Lara Croft ...

Last edited by MBog; 14-05-16 at 10:04.
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote