Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase > Competitions

Old 16-04-12, 22:30   #1
Rai

Default Tomb Raider Fanfiction Competition #19, Crossover Croft: Entries

Crossover Croft: Will Lara be Doctor Who's new companion in the Tardis, or perhaps she teams up with Indiana Jones? It could be anything really, let your imagination take over and write a story where Tomb Raider meets...?
(it doesn't have to be Doctor who, I chose that for the banner only as it's one of my favourite shows ) Thank you Quasimodo for the idea, though I'd toyed with the theme as well before

DEADLINE: MAY 31st 2012

Rules:

-Word Limit: 500 to 5000 words.
-Use proper spelling and grammar.
-Leave a break between paragraphs when posting your entry.
-Your entry must incorporate the aforementioned theme.
-Your entry must be original and written for this competition.
-One official entry per person.
-Every entry must be posted before the deadline.
-Participants must vote in order to have their entry remain valid.
-The winner of this competition is to host the next.

Previous threads:

TR Fanfic Competion #1 Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #2: Tomb Raider Levels Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #3: Without Warning Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #4: Lara at Home Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #5: Unlikely Situations Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #6: Pick Your Poison Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #7: The Sun Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #8: Unsung Heroes Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #9: Deep-Sea Drama Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #10: Holidays Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #11: Friend or Foe Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #12: Stranded in the Himalayas Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #13: The Death of Lara Croft Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #14: Dressed to Kill Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #15: A Survivor is Born Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #16: Fear Voting Results

Tomb Raider FanFiction Competition #17: The Jungle Voting Results

Tomb Raider Fanfic Competition #18: Re-Written Voting Results

Last edited by Rai; 17-04-12 at 00:47.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 02:09   #2
Legend of Lara

Hmmm. I do have one or two or eighty ideas.

Perhaps I may even participate!? D:
Legend of Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 04:30   #3
Craig Michaels

Awesome
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 09:34   #4
Dia2blo

We did an Uncharted crossover in the twin pistols comp so this feels a bit like ground i've covered recently, but I guess i'll have to come up with something more original for this.
Dia2blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 10:36   #5
Greenkey2

Oh my, the possibilities
Greenkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 13:22   #6
RoxasKennedy

Finally, an idea for a fanfic contest I'm capable of!
Now I have to think of the crossover team I shall use...
Probably something weird.
RoxasKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 09:38   #7
Shark_Blade

Arrow

Okay, I'll give it a go. It's a Prison Break/Tomb Raider crossover.

Quote:
JAILBREAK

Lara opened her eyes.

She was lying spread eagled on a muddy floor and the room looked dark and damp, with very little light lit by torches. There were metal bars fortifying the front of the small room. It looked solid. Sounds of dripping water can be heard, echoing in the hollow corridor. The whole place reeked of sewer like smell.

How long have I been out cold? Hours? Days? Why am I in a prison?

Footsteps can be heard from a far, and it’s getting louder and nearer.

CLANG! TLANG! BANG!

Someone outside was banging the metal bars, and Lara scrambled to her feet. Lara can only assumed that this person was a guard, which looked so large that he resembled a big gorilla with two dustbin lids for hands. He continued beating furiously with his fists. The sound was deafening as Lara covered her ears. After shouting warnings and unintelligible curses (in a weird language) to Lara, he went off and vanished into the dark.

Lara breathed heavily for air, clutching her chest. The experience just now had her shivering down to her bones.

Her mind quickly raced back as to how she got there. She remembered that she was on an archaeological expedition aboard The Endurance sailing towards ancient Japanese shores. They were looking for a mystical artifact called The Moon Dagger, believed to be an item of worship thousands of years ago. But the ship suddenly took a blow in the middle of the ocean. Many crews abandoned the ship, struggling to save their lives amidst the violent weather. Lara remembered that she fell into the black ocean, then..nothing. She didn’t remember what happened after that.

The frustration built up inside her.

A creaking sound made Lara turned around, her ponytail whipped about like a thousand tentacles.

There’s a double decker bed by the murky wall, and at the top of the bunker sat a peculiar man. He looked Caucasian, fairly young and fit, probably in his twenties or early thirties. He has very short hair, like a navy recruit haircut – so short that he looked almost bald. The thing that took most of Lara’s attention was his blue eyes. They were alert and intense. It’s an unnerving feeling, as if they can see through Lara.

His right finger was placed upon his lips. It looked like he was in a deep thought, still staring down at her.

Lara quickly gained her wits. “You know, it’s rude to stare.”

The man said nothing. Then he smiled and spoke calmly, pointing his finger toward Lara.

“You’re with that excavation group.”

Lara realized it was not a question, he knows about her archaeology team.

“So what are you, a spy?”

“An engineer, actually.”

“Funny place for an engineer to be here.” said Lara.

“True. I could say the same about you though”, he said slyly.

“Well, I’m not planning to stay here very long.” Lara paced around the whole room looking for a way to escape. She shook the rusty bars. They didn’t move an inch.

“Where are you from, actually?”, the man asked.

“Uh, uh. You first.”, said Lara. It’s a force of habit, she thought, as she didn’t trust anyone so easily.

“I’m from Chicago. I worked at a firm called Maxwell & Schaum, maybe you’ve heard of them? Fortune 500 Company?”

Lara kept silent.

“My brother and I were cruising across Southeast Asia but the boat sunk when we reached Japanese coasts. At the crash site, those savages took a hold of me and here I am.”

Lara sighed. It could’ve all been one big bull**** story. Why, it’s not the first time she had a man lying to her face. She remembered how customers at the local bar back home loved to pull farfetched stories of how they were millionaires or oil tycoons looking for some fun with her. All along they just wanted one thing. Sex.

Those vile creatures.

But her gut feeling kept telling her that this particular man was telling the truth. There was sincerity in his tone of voice.

“How did you find out about us?”, asked Lara.

“Words travel like lightning here. It’s like the walls have ears.” He shrugged and chuckled lightly.

Lara brushed aside her long fringe. “I’m from London by the way. The archaeologist team found clues that an artifact we're looking for is somewhere in Japan.”

“The Moon Dagger, you mean?” he said, coyly.

Lara eyed him suspiciously, raising her eyebrow. “You sure know a lot.”

“I heard a few inmates talking about it. Must have been your crew I reckon.” Before Lara could ask him, he immediately responded: “No, I don’t know who they are. And they were transferred elsewhere anyway.”

Lara still eyed him suspiciously; her hands now folded and she stepped closely towards him.

The man held his palms up. “And hey, I’m not here for the artifact. I just wanna break out of here and get off this place”. Lara weighed in on what he just said.

“Well, same with me. I need to get back to my team.“

“By the way…”, he said as he jumped down from the bed and landed gingerly on the floor.

“I’m Michael Scofield” said the gangly man, stretching out his hand. “And I know a way out of here.”

“Lara Croft.” She said as she shook his hand. “And this is business.”

She quickly turned him around facing the bed, her right hand still gripping tightly. As he was standing in a static stance, she started frisking him up looking for anything suspicious; her hand went beneath his sweaty shirt, up to his toned chest and muscular body. She swore she could almost hear his heart beating loudly within those passing moments. Or was it hers? She felt around his buttock’s back pockets and thighs. Still nothing.

“Being touched inappropriately by a beautiful lady. My day has just gotten better.”, he smirked.

Lara ignored him and suddenly she saw a peek of pattern on his skin behind his ruffled shirt.

“Is that tattoo?”, she asked. Michael turned around and slowly took his shirt off.

Lara gasped and her brown eyes widened.

His whole upper body was covered with tattoo up to his collar bone. His chest featured an image of a demon slaying an angel and there’s a depiction of holy pillars in the background. On his back, the angel was killing the demon. His left arm has images of the demons, and the right has images of angels.

For a moment, Lara was swayed by its beautiful craftsmanship. She had never seen anything like it.

Michael finally spoke.

“So do you trust me? Are we partners now?”

“..Yes.”

Michael smiled and pointed his chin towards the ceiling.

“Do you see the dripping pipe above me? It looks like it’s broken at the fitting part. I need you to yank it down. I’d do that but my left leg is hurt.”

Lara peered to the corroded pipeline and she saw a compartment above it.

”I know that. This place looks old, but the architecture is still pretty basic.”

“Alright, let’s do this”, and he clapped his hands gently in delight. “I’ll look out for the guards. I’ll give you the get go if the line is clear.”

And with that, an unlikely alliance was formed.

If only Lara knew that Michael was a dangerous convict.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 21-04-12 at 03:16.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-12, 12:37   #8
Dia2blo

Awaken

A Child of Eden/ Tomb Raider Crossover

[IMG]http://i43.************/2crki1s.jpg[/IMG]

“Awaken.” Lara’s eyes fluttered as the word echoed through her head. It felt like someone was inside her, softly ushering her back to life. It felt calming. When she finally regained herself, what she saw would stay with her for life. A glittering vista of rainbow colours flushed through her vision; holographic plants, stars and animals of every persuasion darted around her in a flurry of ecstasy.

“Where am I?” Lara questioned. She pulled herself to her feet, but felt no gravity beneath her. She was in a world of make believe floating on a platform of reds and blues. The only thing that she could take solace in being real was her own flesh and blood; her typical adventuring gear and solid human form was a stark contrast to the floating images around her. For a brief moment she felt panic, but it was quickly soothed by the fact that what she was seeing wasn’t a scary sight, but something ethereal, something that she could never have dreamt up.

“Help!” cried the voice she had woken to. A glowing figure appeared as if from nowhere: an innocent girl with soft features, with a saddened expression on her face and a single hand outstretched. The girl was like a mirage, her flowing white dressed gently swaying in the non existent breeze, a serene image calmly juxtaposing the distressed look on the girls face. Then she faded into nothing. As if in a moment of sudden revelation, Lara knew what she had to do. The girl needed her help, and whether any of this was really happening, or this was some other realm, or heaven, even hell… Lara would help this girl and find a way to understand this place.

She took a single step forward. The floor melted in a splash with her footstep, but the “ground” ahead seemed solid. Then she took another. The thousands of tiny glowing animals and fauna around her danced as she moved, and Lara swore she could hear the soft singing of the trapped girl ushering her onwards. So she did. Her walk turned into a fast stride, and then she found herself running forward, the colourful world rushing past her in a vivid splurge of imagery.

A door appeared as if from nowhere, at which Lara stopped, and reached out. It felt almost rubbery, but she pushed it open, and through the small crack before her, spied another mind blowing image. The scenery contrasted the vivid interpretation of nature she had awoken in, to a technology centred world. She stepped through, and the door vanished. Around her, spires and metallic structures of pale greys and browns soared into the never-ending skies. She began to race forwards again.

A set of giant cogs loudly clanked above Lara’s head, and she stopped, suddenly feeling a sense of fear. It was here where an enemy revealed itself. A purple dart shot towards Lara, and she instinctively leapt from it’s path, landing on another imaginary platform. A vehicle of see-through panels glowing red raced for her, firing purple shots in all directions. Lara dived behind a structure, and listened to the singing in her head. It was as though the girl was giving her instructions. Explaining to her what had happened here. Lara made no sense of most of it, but she knew how to fight the evils of this world.

She stepped out, and faced the contraption head on. It ominously floated towards her, but stopped, as Lara outstretched her right hand towards it. She did not physically touch it, but something inside her stretched further than her mortal reach, and she could feel herself swiping it away. The machine exploded in a burst of red and purple, which glittered into nothing. Lara continued on.

Her travels through this mysterious technological land evoked a familiar feeling in Lara. There had been days in her life when she had felt uncomfortable in such a corporate, technology ruled world, where she had felt safer in the middle of a vast jungle with no GPS or man made tools to control her path. This world showed the dangers and wonders of such feats to her, and made her begin to question her reliance on such items. It was when she had this revelation that another door appeared. She opened it.

This final world was equally as awesome as its predecessors, only it felt emptier. A deep black void encompassed most of her surroundings, save for a twirling crimson and amber spire ahead of her. At it’s peak, Lara saw a bubble, within, the girl. She knew this was her goal.

Lara mounted a floating amber cube, which swirled and flipped as it dashed upwards, about to collide with another! In a split second, Lara leapt onto another, and almost lost her footing. A floating jellyfish lobbed towards her, and spun into a purple danger. Lara raced from cube to cube, desperately trying to reach the girl. The jellyfish impacted beneath her, rocking the entire spire. Holographic stars and planets dismounted from above and came barrelling downwards. The spire erupted in sparks of gold, as Lara clambered her way up. The bubble seemed intact, but began to shake. Lara was so close!

She slipped, and fell off the side of a cube. Lara sighed as she caught it’s edge with her fingertips. More stars brushed past her, almost colliding with the cube. If Lara fell, she would almost certainly die from the gargantuan fall. She clasped the edge with her other hand, and pulled herself up. More menacing jellyfish rushed towards her, but she ignored them, making a final leap, outstretching her hand, and touching the bubble.

Light and darkness alternated in an epileptic flash of pure awe, and Lara opened her eyes once more. She was back where she had begun, a glittering vista full of fauna and animals. Before her, stood the girl, this time, a broad smile stretched across her face. She began to speak, her lips moved slowly in an ethereal motion as she did so.
“Thank you. You have purged this world of the darkness. My name is Lumi. Thank you.” She outstretched her hand, and Lara slowly reached out and took it. Darkness took over again.

Lara’s eyes fluttered open once more, but the awe inspiring colours were gone. She was sat in a brown office chair, and the room around her (although sleek and futuristic) felt plain and uninteresting compared to the wonders she had just seen. She looked at the screen of the computer on a desk in front of her, and realised what had just happened. A message was written in plain font on the screen.
“Virus purged. Thank you.
- Lumi”
Dia2blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-12, 01:55   #9
Neilcroft

Cool Tomb Rainder Fanfiction Competition #19, Crossover Croft: Entries

hey

me likee. me will submit something shortly. good luck to
all entries.
Neilcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-12, 02:46   #10
sheepman23

Hmm... I might just consider doing this, I have the perfect crossover for Lara Croft.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote