Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Old 11-12-10, 13:43   #201
jeffrey van oort

When we were playing the flooded passage in multi player mode we went to the first challenge tomb. Me being Totec, and the other player being Lara. When we got the boulder between the trap walls, and then we decided to leave the room because there was nothing left there to get. (All red skulls were collected already.) When we left, the camera went mad for the both of us, tilting into all directions. The only solution seemed to be killing myself with the bombs. After that the screen returned to normal, however Totec no longer had a weapon or shield, and in my screen Lara's weapons appeared to be missing as well.. (For the other player Lara's weapons were still there but Totec had no equipment for the other player as well.) This prevented us from being able to continue the level. Lara however was still able to use her grapple gun, although every piece of equipment was invisible for me. The solution seemed to be killing both characters so the level would reload. xD

Screen:

Continuing the level after we both killed ourselves, an other weird thing happened.
It seems like the other player was continuously displaying Lara's grapple animations. As if it never got the command to let go of that animation. Throughout the rest of the level Lara looked like she was about to grapple something.

There was no real heavy lag, the players were both able to move about in a decent way. Still we both blame the lag.. xD Is someone else able to ID what happened here?
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-10, 22:35   #202
elevul

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.rex View Post
A glitch in this area happened to me twice in co-op, where lara has to stand on a switch to lower the gates, the switch is already down so the gate doesn't move.

This is the 2nd time i tried completing this level with a friend online, he probably won't try it ever again because of this glitch
Had the same problem yesterday.
elevul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-10, 22:37   #203
elevul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey van oort View Post
Here Lara is, suspended in thin air. xD
She seems to walk about the nothingness, only to find rolling balls on her path. xD
We were playing Twisting bridge, and this is what happened. Totec seemed to be able to run ahead while the bridge was not yet collapsing under his feet. But poor Lara already saw the bridge collapsing. There was no way for Lara to escape the frozen status and thus while Totec continued, Lara didn't die, or fall down below. When the cutscene ended, Lara seemed to have survived to save the day, in thin air !! lol.

Did the same thing as Totec, and the person I was playing with started to ask me how did I do that.
elevul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 21:39   #204
mad_larkin

Angry

"Problem: Unable to use any weapons besides the grenades after restarting a level (may be related to the bug at the start of the Xolotl´s Stronghold level)"

PC - Steam - Co-op
WinXP & Win7

Bug does not go away after completing a level.
Tried deleting the registry: No luck.

Only seems to happen with Totec for me and it doesn't matter which PC or steam account me or the missus play as Totec on. No matter what, the person playing as Lara see's Totec having the spear equipped and the person playing as Totec can only use spear and bombs but can equip the other weapons (on their end) which play animations (firing, bullets and bullet collisions/explosions of projectiles) but the weapons cause NO damage. Looks like the bug affected us both at the same time while we were playing together.

Bought this game specifically to play the co-op with my missus. This bug kills the game for us.

At least twice Totec has loaded in to the game with a weapon other than the spear equipped meaning that the level cannot be completed if it requires Totec to throw spears for Lara to climb on even if the spear is equipped on the Totec players screen and spears are appearing to stick in to walls (again on the Totec players screen).

Really hope this get's fixed sharpish.
mad_larkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-11, 21:23   #205
Nulltorque

Default "Other Player has Left the Game" error is not getting enough attention for fix.

BIG problems with co-op in LCGoL. "Other Player has Left the Game" error when attempting to run co-op (usually in the lobby). I have found quite a few postings on it in these forums and others, yet there has been no solution response to it yet. This is an older issue as well. I have found postings several months old in some cases (since the co-op release on the PC I imagine). Please, at least give an acknowledgment response to this thread or add it to the "known issues" thread stickied to the top of the forum. Thank you.

I am personally running on a Windows XP system, and was able to play co-op play with my brother (running an XP system as well), right up until I reloaded the game (from steam) to fix a different issue where Totec was unable to use any other weapon other than his spear (it did not fix that issue). After that both me and him get the "Other Player has Left the Game" error when attempting to join each other in the lobby (doesn't matter who is starting the game or hosting). We have both reloaded the game since that time, but o change. Enabling or disabling V-sync does not effect the issue either (as was suggested in an earlier thread).

Last edited by Nulltorque; 28-01-11 at 21:25. Reason: word was mistyped.
Nulltorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-11, 19:31   #206
jackles

I had an entertaining glitch while playing as Kane and Lynch on singleplayer. I suddenly couldn't use any weapons except the bombs! I ran around like a mad thing laying bombs etc, this worked well until I needed to use my spear...and promptly died as I couldn't use it! I have never had this happen on any of my playthroughs before.

Oh yes and it was on the 360.
jackles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-13, 15:14   #207
deatheater22

Default Jumping Bug

Please see the video. http://youtu.be/T2TSGYfqECk

Basically, no matter what I do Lara will not jump off that ledge, she keeps grabbing onto the side. I've played this level several times now and every time I get to this jump it just won't work! I've tried turning the graphics down, turning them up. Jumping early, jumping late, jumping off to the side, button mashing. It just doesn't work. I'm running this on a windows 7 PC (steam version). Sorry about the poor video quality, I've never done video screen capturing before.

It's really annoying as its preventing me from advancing in the game past this point!

EDIT: Found a work-around. If I use the arrow keys instead of WASD she jumps fine. I have realised though that the combination S+D+SPACE doesn't work anywhere, not just at that ledge

Last edited by deatheater22; 22-02-13 at 22:42.
deatheater22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-14, 15:04   #208
rocketman

Default Random weapon selection bug

Playing Tomb Raider (2013) on OSX -- Lara frequently switches weapons seemingly at random. For example, I select the pistol while exploring, and Lara will switch to rifle without me pressing any controls, repeatedly. In a combat I select bow for a stealth kill, and Lara switches to shotgun. Sometimes, it is a determined switch to a weapon that I didn't select, and sometimes it is just random.
rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 10:14   #209
atlanta73

Playing GOL online (psn) and everytime we both die the game crashes

I give up now, theyre gonna come round and play

Last edited by atlanta73; 04-05-14 at 10:21.
atlanta73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 21:27   #210
TheScyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
Playing Tomb Raider (2013) on OSX -- Lara frequently switches weapons seemingly at random. For example, I select the pistol while exploring, and Lara will switch to rifle without me pressing any controls, repeatedly. In a combat I select bow for a stealth kill, and Lara switches to shotgun. Sometimes, it is a determined switch to a weapon that I didn't select, and sometimes it is just random.
I don't understand why you posted this in the Lara croft and the guardian of light thread. Please read the actual forum title first, it also says in the first post about what game it is. Instead of looking at the most recent comment on a thread. Post this in the Tomb Raider section underneath Tomb Raider Underworld.

Last edited by TheScyther; 07-05-14 at 21:30.
TheScyther is offline   Reply With Quote