www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 03-10-18, 18:10   #1
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Default What artists would Lara listen to?

So here's a small little fun chat, what songs and artists do you think Lara would like??

Classic Lara:

I could see her loving classical music and soundtrack, so Two Steps from Hell and Hans Zimmer would likely be in her playlists. I also think she would probably like some Lana songs like Young and Beautiful, filled with classic instruments and the like but I also think she wouldn't restrict herself to orchestral sounding music only. I could see her loving soft rock and slower songs, like Creep by Radiohead.

Reboot Lara:

I do think she would like mostly the same things as classic Lara, but I feel she would have a bit of a more open mind when it comes to music and would prefer more upbeat stuff. She probably likes R&B, rap and hip hop as well judging from the song she was listening to when the Endurance crashed. I could definitely see her listening to some Marina and the Diamonds too.
Old 03-10-18, 18:27   #2
tomblover
Tomb Raider

I think, canonically, classic Lara got turned on to NIN by her aunt, right? So, to my mind, she's absolutely into that kind of, industrial spectrum. Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly, Ministry...

As classical music goes, I think she might be a bit avoidant of it - because it's this typical "uppity" thing she loathes, right - but she doubtless appreciates these compositions for their cultural/historical value, at least.

EDIT:

As for reboot Lara, I think she's more into electronic music, honestly. Considering what she was listening to on her iPhone at the start of TR2013, which admittedly I only remember vaguely...

I don't know. Kraftwerk, maybe? Yellow Magic Orchestra, inevitably, if she's enough of a dweeb to have majored in Japanese history. I can absolutely see her at a house party, losing her **** to Cosmic Surfin' after two vodka sodas.

Last edited by tomblover; 03-10-18 at 23:42.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-18, 18:27   #3
Samz
Professor

If I remember she also likes U2.
Old 03-10-18, 18:57   #4
Chamayoo
Professor

Classic Lara listens to Nine Inch Nails, she has good taste ! And yes she had a special relationship with U2 in the 90's (their peak imo) so that's nice too !
If Reboot Lara listens to Kraftwerk then she also rocks (YMO seems fun too)
Maybe LAU Lara likes the Prodigy and Lamb ?

Last edited by Chamayoo; 03-10-18 at 18:58.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-18, 19:20   #5
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
I think, canonically, classic Lara got turned on to NIN by her aunt, right? So, to my mind, she's absolutely into that kind of, industrial spectrum. Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly, Ministry...

As classical music goes, I think she might be a bit avoidant of it - because it's this typical "uppity" thing she loathes, right - but she doubtless appreciates these compositions for their cultural/historical value, at least.

EDIT:

As for reboot Lara, I think she's more into electronic music, honestly. Considering what she was listening to on her iPhone at the start of TR2013, which admittedly I only remember vaguely...

I don't know. Kraftwerk, maybe? Yellow Magic Orchestra, inevitably, if she's enough of a dweeb to have majored in Japanese history. I can absolutely see her at a house party, losing her **** to Cosmic Surfin' after two vodka sodas.

[youtube]xCxqEv-Rcx0[youtube]
Ohh yeah I had totally forgot Lara liked Nine Inch Nails and U2. She probably likes rock a lot too then I guess, I could see teen Lara listening to ACDC away from her parents' eyes, they would totally not approve and Lara being the little daredevil she is would listen to it anyway lol

And Classic Lara most definitely likes classic music, have you played Lara's home in TR2 and 3?
Old 03-10-18, 19:27   #6
tomblover
Tomb Raider

That's true, I guess - and her bio says as much, actually, but I like to think of Lara as being dismissive of it when eyes are on her, at least.
Old 05-10-18, 14:21   #7
2001LC20

Better have my money bitch
Work
No
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 07:30   #8
robm_2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblover View Post
That's true, I guess - and her bio says as much, actually, but I like to think of Lara as being dismissive of it when eyes are on her, at least.
She hated the snobbish people and overwhelming atmosphere in the social circles. Obviously she still likes the butlers, huge mansions, lavish (though deadly) getaways, and I assume she liked the opera. She's still very much into the lifestyle, just not on their terms or actually mingling with them.
Old 06-10-18, 12:41   #9
Legends
Tomb Raider

This.

Legends is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 18:19   #10
HD Simplicityy
Archaeologist

Two Steps from Hell has some cool music. Hans Zimmer? YES
I'd think she would enjoy Howard Shore too.