Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 04-09-07, 15:31   #1
Deepthought

Default Tomb raider anniversary easter eggs

Am I the only one who noticed out of all those books on display shelves, one of them talks about the dagger of xian (she pronounces it just as I do ) and another mentions maria dora. Is this a hint at a TR2 remake? discuss any other general easter eggs that you have encountered in this game as well.
Deepthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 15:38   #2
NightWish

What hints the tr2 remake? just the mentioning of the dagger? Well im kinda curious how iwll tawy connect that to Lara's parents

OK anyone noticed that in neptune hall in ST francis folly there is this fish statue which is like the fish fountain in the classic mannor? Well of course u have
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 15:50   #3
Legend of Lara

There's tons of old TR references in TRA.
Legend of Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 16:15   #4
matrix54

The Chinese Photo's In Natlas Offices.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 19:30   #5
laralover_07

Y'know i could've sworn that the story to anniversary had some sort of reference to the very first tomb raider. much of the story was the same. was this a remake??? lol only joking. ive noticed a few
laralover_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 19:42   #6
Anajrob

ups...
Anajrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 19:50   #7
CroftScionGuard

And there are also references of LOK games, like TR:L
CroftScionGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-07, 15:26   #8
Mytly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepthought View Post
Am I the only one who noticed out of all those books on display shelves, one of them talks about the dagger of xian (she pronounces it just as I do ) and another mentions maria dora. Is this a hint at a TR2 remake? discuss any other general easter eggs that you have encountered in this game as well.
Actually, the books reference ALL the Classics - there's one that mentions Angkor Wat (from the first level of TR4), one that mentions the Eye of Isis (Sophia Leigh's artifact from TR3), and another that mentions Charles Kane (the character who narrates the Russian Sub incident in TR5). There are other references like stuff about Tibetan mythology and Egyptian traps, which are not so specific, but could be thought of as tributes to places Lara has previously visited.

So, I doubt that the books are hinting at a TR2 remake - they are probably just Easter eggs for seasoned TR fans, and nothing more ... but very nice Easter eggs indeed!
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-07, 05:09   #9
Rutland

Well, it is possible that there might be a TR2 remake. one of TRAs developers said so in an interview, but said they were getting back to Legend II before doing anything like that. Maybe there will be one after every new game, so there could be two trilogies...
Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-07, 05:34   #10
aquaflute

I have to make a point here. The way she pronouces Xian in the game is nothing right.
And don't argue with me I'm a Chinese.

Back to topic, I really don't think they will remake TR2, for some reason I don't want them to do it either. I think TR2 has the most wonderful level designs through out the series. A better graphic with level designs like TRA can only ruin TR2 for me. Though I love TRA very much but I have never played TR1 so I never know which one I will prefer more. But I know one thing for sure, TRA is nothing compared to TR2, I love TR2 way more than TRA.
aquaflute is online now   Reply With Quote