Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 19-01-14, 03:35   #121
jackraider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
I think the Oscar she won a few years before TR was released made Angie relevant.
I totally forgot about that. Girl interrupted, duh! One of my favorite movies. Playing Lara Croft definitely boosted her babe appeal.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-14, 01:52   #122
HowConvenient

Me waiting for any scrap of news on this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/43dd91c7c...0375o2_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a3048cc0b...0375o1_500.gif

Last edited by HowConvenient; 25-01-14 at 21:36. Reason: Changed oversized gifs to links. :) Sorry Admles. :P
HowConvenient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-14, 02:51   #123
jackraider
Inactive

^
Ahaha
Old 24-01-14, 20:32   #124
Tonyrobinson

I wish there was. Anyone think they are going to go the R rated route for this like the game or keep it PG-13?
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-14, 21:59   #125
HowConvenient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I wish there was. Anyone think they are going to go the R rated route for this like the game or keep it PG-13?
I think they'll make sure it just squeaks into PG-13 so they have a bigger audience.
Old 24-01-14, 22:13   #126
Tonyrobinson

I have a feeling they'd rather have that too but it would be fun to see a harder cut too. I am hoping they up the running time a bit too and flesh out the story and characters a bit more. Action is lovely but it needs to be story driven over anything else. There is a huge market at the minute for female character leads too.
Old 24-01-14, 23:18   #127
jackraider
Inactive

Quote:
there is a huge market at the minute for female character leads too.
Female leads have been pretty popular for a while now.
Old 25-01-14, 01:50   #128
HowConvenient

Quote:
I have a feeling they'd rather have that too but it would be fun to see a harder cut too. I am hoping they up the running time a bit too and flesh out the story and characters a bit more. Action is lovely but it needs to be story driven over anything else. There is a huge market at the minute for female character leads too.
Yeah, that's an option too. Yeah. Well, I'm actually working on a script for a movie based on the newest game (like what they are planning on), and I think once I get some more done, I'll copyright what I have and send it to them. My Lara is a mix from old Lara, new Lara, and my own ideas. I'm fleshing out the characters and backstories, streamlining the action, and making the characters and their actions more cohesive. I've shown what I have around a little, and everyone says it's fantastic, so fingers crossed!
Old 25-01-14, 01:58   #129
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowConvenient View Post
Yeah, that's an option too. Yeah. Well, I'm actually working on a script for a movie based on the newest game (like what they are planning on), and I think once I get some more done, I'll copyright what I have and send it to them. My Lara is a mix from old Lara, new Lara, and my own ideas. I'm fleshing out the characters and backstories, streamlining the action, and making the characters and their actions more cohesive. I've shown what I have around a little, and everyone says it's fantastic, so fingers crossed!
I hope it works out for you. Just a tip for you, send it to an agency too. Get one free of charge and if it an agent likes it they will send it out to the company for you. For legal reasons most studios don't accept unsolicited scripts due to someone being able to say that they stole ideas from them. Definitely look into getting an agent's interest to ensure everything happens legally and increases your chances of getting noticed. Good luck!
Old 25-01-14, 02:23   #130
HowConvenient

Quote:
I hope it works out for you. Just a tip for you, send it to an agency too. Get one free of charge and if it an agent likes it they will send it out to the company for you. For legal reasons most studios don't accept unsolicited scripts due to someone being able to say that they stole ideas from them. Definitely look into getting an agent's interest to ensure everything happens legally and increases your chances of getting noticed. Good luck!
Thanks so much!