Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 30-12-14, 21:06   #1
wearemany

Default Multiplayer glitches and bugs

I've been ignoring the MP since the day I bought the game, due to all the negative reaction it had. Then I decided to give a try and had a lot of fun. But I'm experiencing some awkward stuff in all of the matches.

1. There were people zigzagging, teleporting, walking on air, clipping into stuff and flying all around me. It was more noticeable in that screen that comes up after you die so that you can watch others play, right before you respawn again. So funny and awkward.

2. I went to get some salvage but those wooden salvage crates just wouldn't open! My character would just stand there, doing the animation of opening it repeteadly and nothing. Sometimes it worked, but mostly I just gave up. The same thing happened with those traps.

2. Some players were simply invicible! I would shoot the hell out of this guy wasting all of my ammo and he just won't die! The funny thing is that he kills me with just ONE arrow! Or maybe I would shoot him and only after a few seconds he dies. Similarly, when I shot those fuel barrells, they wouldn't explode, or sometimes there was a delay.

3. Isn't it that you have to reach level 60 to unlock Lara? I found many players on level 20 or 30 something playing with her.

Has anyone experience these issues or is it just lag in my connection? Is that MP broken that way?

Last edited by wearemany; 30-12-14 at 21:13.
wearemany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-14, 21:13   #2
sackboy123

The 3rd one is easy to answer

There is a prestige system in this game meaning you reset your level back to level one and you level up again to unlock more cool stuff

And all this zigzagging is related to Internet issues since I've never encountered these but I recommend getting the DE since most MP bugs are fixed in that version
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-14, 21:16   #3
Cleostabtra
Inactive

I'm honestly surprised you were able to get in a game, lol. I haven't played in a while so this is merely speculation, but I would just assume the MP is broken. Could be hackers and just so many glitches cuz they didn't pay much attention fixing/polishing the MP. As for Lara, they could be doing the...I forget what it's called. When you level up max and then restart to get - oh, a higher prestige. They probably did that. On a prestige level.
Cleostabtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-14, 21:17   #4
sackboy123

TR2013 MP is still very active, you get in games very quickly

The Definitive edition on the other hand, I heard it's not that active

If it's true then Temple of Osiris is more active then which is very Ironic
Old 30-12-14, 21:23   #5
wearemany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleostabtra View Post
I'm honestly surprised you were able to get in a game, lol. I haven't played in a while so this is merely speculation, but I would just assume the MP is broken. Could be hackers and just so many glitches cuz they didn't pay much attention fixing/polishing the MP. As for Lara, they could be doing the...I forget what it's called. When you level up max and then restart to get - oh, a higher prestige. They probably did that. On a prestige level.
Well, apart from the issues I just depicted here, the MP was really fun. It was so fun to shoot an arrow into somebody's head.
Old 30-12-14, 21:26   #6
sackboy123

The bow is my favourite weapon but I can never use it

I mainly use the shotgun Machine gun weapon thingy

Owns everyone that gets in my way
Old 30-12-14, 21:31   #7
wearemany

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
The bow is my favourite weapon but I can never use it

I mainly use the shotgun Machine gun weapon thingy

Owns everyone that gets in my way
The bow and the rifle are hands down my favorites. I rarely use the shotgun because it's short-ranged, whether on MP or SP.
Old 01-01-15, 13:20   #8
L.C

Lightbulb Some answers....

1. Players sometimes use lag switches, however most of this is due to poor internet connections.

2a. A tip was posted in the MP thread here; try shooting the crate first with your secondary weapon (pistol/sawed-off shotgun); for some reason this usually works. A related tip is if you freeze during 'host migration' message, press A/X (depending on console; can't remember PC equivalent) and you can continue without being an easy kill.

2b. This is an unfortunate glitch which sometimes happens. It usually resets when a new round/match starts.

3. What was said about Prestige levels.

DE MP is better as most glitches have been resolved, however it has had it's own unique glitches that are annoying. But it does look prettier and the DLC content isn't being exploited like on the regular edition e.g. silent weapons and using agility to get into opponents spawn. Clever DE players have figured other ways to do that . Unfortunately it is dead compared to regular edition. I can usually find a game in the evening UK time, whereas the regular edition is still veryactive.

Last edited by L.C; 01-01-15 at 13:24.
L.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-15, 13:48   #9
wearemany

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.C View Post
1. Players sometimes use lag switches, however most of this is due to poor internet connections.

2a. A tip was posted in the MP thread here; try shooting the crate first with your secondary weapon (pistol/sawed-off shotgun); for some reason this usually works. A related tip is if you freeze during 'host migration' message, press A/X (depending on console; can't remember PC equivalent) and you can continue without being an easy kill.

2b. This is an unfortunate glitch which sometimes happens. It usually resets when a new round/match starts.

3. What was said about Prestige levels.

DE MP is better as most glitches have been resolved, however it has had it's own unique glitches that are annoying. But it does look prettier and the DLC content isn't being exploited like on the regular edition e.g. silent weapons and using agility to get into opponents spawn. Clever DE players have figured other ways to do that . Unfortunately it is dead compared to regular edition. I can usually find a game in the evening UK time, whereas the regular edition is still veryactive.
Thank you for the tip! I had no idea that I wrote two 2's there.
Old 04-01-15, 17:18   #10
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.C View Post
To be honest I think that the reason DE MP isn't very active is that you can't do the DLC exploits and don't get an advantage if you've a bad internet connection. The "pro players" in the normal version always use exploits to be good, it's very obvious, especially with people who are getting into spawn areas. Plus the DE includes the DLC maps which for some reason don't have as many glitches as the basic maps.

Last edited by Wooxman; 04-01-15 at 17:19.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote