Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 18-02-17, 22:22   #281
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross C View Post

I originally got into tomb raider and grew up with Lara marketed as a sex symbol for a long time. Yes it is a computer game physically but you can lust over characters in novels and films. This is no different. It's a fantasy which recently has been reinvented in a non sexual way to appease... I'm not really sure who.

People like me will die out as society molds it's population in a different way. Then you will become sexist (or whatever ists are around) for your interest in woman or guys.

Glad to be part of the discussion.
If anybody needs a pair of non-slip shoes, just ask!

Oui, the truth was spilt.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 22:28   #282
Heidi_w_

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
I hope so!
She has yet to give anything but a sublime performance, so she will definitely be one of the movie's strengths -- can't wait to see her emote, she has such an expressive face
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 22:53   #283
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross C View Post
So you can't comment on a woman's look and your preferences? Seems like that only happens on the Internet. In real life, talking face to face with people, it's a perfectly valid discussion for guys and ladies.

It's a forum board for discussion and I'm expressing my opinion which is as valid as anyone else's here. She doesn't have the same physique as the reboot Lara and I'm disappointed with the way the character is going. I hope the story and acting are good so it can be enjoyed for other reasons.

I originally got into tomb raider and grew up with Lara marketed as a sex symbol for a long time. Yes it is a computer game physically but you can lust over characters in novels and films. This is no different. It's a fantasy which recently has been reinvented in a non sexual way to appease... I'm not really sure who.

People like me will die out as society molds it's population in a different way. Then you will become sexist (or whatever ists are around) for your interest in woman or guys.

Glad to be part of the discussion.

You complained in a way that makes it seem like the movie's plot and acting, come second to the main actresses overall physique. A movie's quality won't improve if an actress has a huge butt. It basically makes you look like a "horn dog", if I'm honest.

You can express that you think that they should have picked an actress with a bit more curves like reboot Lara, because you don't think she looks enough like the character. You, however, went on to complain about Alicia's body directly. It's not what you said, its how you said it and your tone.

Last edited by shockwave_pulsar00; 18-02-17 at 22:54.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 23:02   #284
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
You complained in a way that makes it seem like the movie's plot and acting, come second to the main actresses overall physique.
To be fair, apart from the film being based upon TR2013 there is nothing really known about the film apart from those very first pics of Alicia as Lara. So there is nothing much else to comment on than how she looks as Lara is there? It's not like anything can be commented on about the film's plot and acting yet.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 23:07   #285
Heidi_w_

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
You can express that you think that they should have picked an actress with a bit more curves like reboot Lara, because you don't think she looks enough like the character. You, however, went on to complain about Alicia's body directly.
Unless they went the CGI route, they'd never find a 100% match for Reboot!Lara anyway -- there would always be some differences. That said, Alicia measures up pretty well, especially after her intense workout regimen with Magnus.

She'll be fine.
Old 18-02-17, 23:08   #286
HRHCroft

I'm honestly confused about the physique critiques, I really am. Alicia, to me, looks slim, toned, and fit. Reboot Lara, IMO, has a fairly nondescript body type. If Alicia was rail thin or overweight, I could understand the criticisms, but she's not.

Classic Lara had the ever-increasing breasts as a defining physical characteristic that was actually noticeable, and was replicated in the films (Angelina wore padded bras to make her chest look bigger). Reboot Lara doesn't have that; she's just a slim, relatively fit looking young woman.

The way some people are going on it's like Jack Black has been cast as Superman.
HRHCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 23:08   #287
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
To be fair, apart from the film being based upon TR2013 there is nothing really known about the film apart from those very first pics of Alicia as Lara. So there is nothing much else to comment on than how she looks as Lara is there? It's not like anything can be commented on about the film's plot and acting yet.

It's not like that's what the thread is about either.

The reboot has influenced a storm of "doo-gooder-defenders".

I should know.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 23:15   #288
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
It's not like that's what the thread is about either.
This thread really should have had a disclaimer in the first post telling people that it is only allowed to post 100% positive reactions to these pictures. That way there would be no differing opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHCroft View Post
The way some people are going on it's like Jack Black has been cast as Superman.
I would honestly pay good money to see that film.

Last edited by Trenton; 18-02-17 at 23:23.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-17, 23:17   #289
Heidi_w_

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHCroft View Post
OMG, now I won't be able to get that out of my head...
Old 19-02-17, 00:36   #290
BigR4444
Golden

You know what, Im switching sides... Im really glad some of you guys are here to talk some sense into the rest of us...
I dunno how I let this happen. I let my need to be all "politically correct" and my appreciation for Alicia Vikander's talent, to cloud my judgement, from the simple FACT... that Alicia just doesn't have the ass or tits to be Lara Croft...

They should just cancel the project where it is and go find another actress as soon as possible, that way we can get re shooting underway asap... somebody in the Daily Mail comments suggested Chloe Khan... I mean, she has zero acting experience, but have you seen those tits!? My god!... can you say, "gold mine"???

I think we should all take the time out to appreciate the effort that some members around here are taking, in spite of the rest of us acting like a bunch of pathetic SJWs... they're not giving up on their differing opinion, and thank god for that. If not, the rest of us would just be mindlessly approving everything we see...

Thanks to their determination and perseverance, I now see the light... I dont know how I could have let myself be such a fool... please, a round of applause everyone, for these heros...

Last edited by BigR4444; 19-02-17 at 00:38.
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote