Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 19-11-18, 22:07   #13531
charmedangelin

What did I just watch? And why does Lara look so weird, I can't stop laughing.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uux2yYfpI_s
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 00:22   #13532
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
What did I just watch? And why does Lara look so weird, I can't stop laughing.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uux2yYfpI_s
She looks...okay! But GOD she sounds kind of drunk.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 00:32   #13533
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
^ you mean core being rushed by eidos every year to push out another tr game? The series today is only remembered because of old lara and angelina jolie. The reboots have done nothing for the legacy of the series except just be there. The casual gamers at the work lounge room the other day were going in how stale the trilogy was and how much the forge sucked. Yikes!

Reboot should have left off this:
[youtube]t4xws6-b2w0[outube]
omg I love this haha. I can't with how comical that ratty old woman is

Also yeah, I'm tired of this bland Reboot character. There's literally nothing fun or iconic about her. #ByeLaura

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 20-11-18 at 00:36.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 16:57   #13534
Patrick star

Quote:
^ You mean Core being rushed by Eidos every year to push out another TR game? The series today is only remembered because of old Lara and Angelina Jolie. The reboots have done nothing for the legacy of the series except just be there. The casual gamers at the work lounge room the other day were going in how stale the trilogy was and how much The Forge sucked. Yikes!
Precisely . Millions of people think of two extremely cheap critically-panned publicly-mocked action flicks -about which even the star actress herself seems to be ashamed- whenever and wherever the name "Tomb Raider" popped up . What a marvelous way for a franchise to be remembered

And don't think I'd stand up for the reboot movie , it's just nearly as bad as its predecessors , I only said "nearly" for the sole reason that Alicia is a better actress than Angelina (imo) .

If anything , the reason people seem to be "less-enthusiastic" about the series nowadays is because of Rise's exclusivity deal that left a very sour taste in people's mouth (that a lot of people thought Shadow is Xbox exclusive as well) and SE's moronic decision to set the task of finishing the trilogy a certain studio started to another one and the damage it comes with that .

Lol , TR2013 alone sold more than Legend , Anniversary and Underworld combined , and in 2011-2014 the franchise enjoyed an amount of popularity it never experienced since 2000 , if that's not a massive boost to franchise's legacy , then I don't know what that is . I just learnt to never expect the franchise to maintain a steady level of success and popularity as long as Eidos/Square are still leaders of the brand .

Last edited by Patrick star; 20-11-18 at 17:07.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 17:13   #13535
lance6439

Anyways

The general public loves and remembers the original movies and games and shuns the reboot.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 18:41   #13536
SunDormant

^ Does Metacritic count as general public?

I was just checking it, and apparently, while the first AJ Film is considered overall worse by both critics and users in comparison to Alicia's Film, the second one is actually quite praised over the other two.

I'm mesmerised. I prefer the first AJ film, to be honest
SunDormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 19:51   #13537
TrustyBow

Quote:
Anyways

The general public loves and remembers the original movies and games and shuns the reboot.
In what world? The reboot has the franchise's best reviews and sales. The classic games are only remembered because of Lara and not because of the games.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 20:25   #13538
Grimaldi

Quote:
Anyways

The general public responded positively enough to the reboot for it be the most successful TR’s been since the 90s, win numerous awards, resurrect the film series and last over 5 years.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 20:36   #13539
Lyle Croft

GENERAL PUBLIC
Praises the reboot GAMEs, but as for character itself, they remember CLASSIC Lara. The woman with dual pistols.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 20:45   #13540
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
GENERAL PUBLIC
Praises the reboot GAMEs, but as for character itself, they remember CLASSIC Lara. The woman with dual pistols.
Pretty accurate. Reboot Lara will never be as popular as Classic Lara, but the reboot trilogy will be more remembered than any of the classic games except for the first.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote