Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 21-09-12, 00:52   #1021
BigR4444
Golden

ahhh there it is....
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...05732&page=309

Why wasnt this thread stickied???
BigR4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-12, 10:39   #1022
TippingWater

TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-12, 12:16   #1023
Rai

Are you trying to make some point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigR4444 View Post
ahhh there it is....
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...05732&page=309

Why wasnt this thread stickied???
I think it's kinda ironic that that links to the last page with my comment about the VA being cast as film Lara (in the context of BigR4444's comments here)

Last edited by Rai; 21-09-12 at 12:21.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-12, 15:35   #1024
BigR4444
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Are you trying to make some point?

I think it's kinda ironic that that links to the last page with my comment about the VA being cast as film Lara (in the context of BigR4444's comments here)
LOL... I didnt even consider that... I just linked to the last page cuz it was the most recent stuff...

I read way back into that topic... there were some interesring suggestions in there we all seem to have forgotten... saw Abbie Cornish's name in there... Juno Temple as well...

Im surprised how suddenly the support died for Kacey Barnfeld and Peyton List around here...

Caitlin Staceys name hasnt been mentioned in a while either...

Last edited by BigR4444; 21-09-12 at 15:45.
Old 21-09-12, 17:01   #1025
OriginalTRman

The only way to get big budget movies of the ground these days is to have star pulling power. a movie like this won't even be considered by the big movie studios unless it already has a star attached. it could be made on the cheap, like the resident evil movies but they are largely awful with cheap cgi and little in the way of blockbusting scenes.

the game will have to be massive anyway for there to be even the slightest chance of it hitting the screens. this is an old franchise now and unless the game takes hold of a new user base the studios won't risk the big $$ on a major movie. talk is cheap, and there will always be talk of reboots and definite production dates, but that is par for the course in the movie world. most try and bull**** a movie into existence. it rarely happens though.

so, for this to happen, first the game has to be big, second/or a relatively big, young, female movie star has to be attached from the start. that means the likes of emma watson, kristen stewart and jennifer lawrence. not little known tv actresses. and only a vague likeness is requires for the movie, if at all. big budget films have to make money and if that means screwing the story and canon it will be done.

Last edited by OriginalTRman; 21-09-12 at 17:06.
OriginalTRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-12, 17:57   #1026
BigR4444
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalTRman View Post
The only way to get big budget movies of the ground these days is to have star pulling power. a movie like this won't even be considered by the big movie studios unless it already has a star attached. it could be made on the cheap, like the resident evil movies but they are largely awful with cheap cgi and little in the way of blockbusting scenes.

the game will have to be massive anyway for there to be even the slightest chance of it hitting the screens. this is an old franchise now and unless the game takes hold of a new user base the studios won't risk the big $$ on a major movie. talk is cheap, and there will always be talk of reboots and definite production dates, but that is par for the course in the movie world. most try and bull**** a movie into existence. it rarely happens though.

so, for this to happen, first the game has to be big, second/or a relatively big, young, female movie star has to be attached from the start. that means the likes of emma watson, kristen stewart and jennifer lawrence. not little known tv actresses. and only a vague likeness is requires for the movie, if at all. big budget films have to make money and if that means screwing the story and canon it will be done.
I agtee with you for the most part, but not about TR being an old franchise...

Youre thinking in terms of the gaming world... the movie industry is a different beast...

Movie versions of big games are in the works right now, including AC, and Halo and Uncharted...

I can guarantee you that Lara Croft is far more well known than Altair, Master cheif, or Nathan Drake, especially outside of the gaming world...
Old 21-09-12, 19:11   #1027
TippingWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalTRman View Post

If that is the case I'd rather have Emma Watson even though Camilla is my no.1 choice .
Old 21-09-12, 19:44   #1028
QiX

I see only one possible Lara:

Anyone else is a bad choice
QiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-12, 22:44   #1029
TippingWater

I respect your idea, but I honestly don't think she would be the best choice.
Old 22-09-12, 08:30   #1030
-Roli-

GK Films follows Camilla Luddington on Twitter. (Thanks CroftGeneration for the info.)
Does it means something? What do you think?
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote