Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 11-05-12, 09:56   #2211
Zelda master

I still need to get the eights season (the comic book) on Blu-ray now that I think about it...
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 09:58   #2212
irishhips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
I still need to get the eights season (the comic book) on Blu-ray now that I think about it...
8th season is the animated comic strip?
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 10:41   #2213
Zelda master

It's the eights season of the comic book.

And damn, not Miss Calander

Edit: I cried, and Gyles beating Angel doesn't make up for it though.

Last edited by Zelda master; 11-05-12 at 10:58.
Old 11-05-12, 14:03   #2214
ultima espio

They should make a spinoff with Willow

Possibly even Vamp Willow
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 14:08   #2215
pEhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremanie View Post
Why the hate for 7? It gave Buffy that "superhero" sort of feeling, IMO. I don't dislike any season, they were all amazing, to me.
Same, I always had it in my head that I disliked season 4, but I just recently rewatched the show and enjoyed all of it. I did like Adam as Big Bad.
Only season 1 seems a bit out of place and "too 90s", I still like it tho.
pEhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 15:03   #2216
interstellardave

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SEASON SEVEN!!!

Season 7 has inherent problems and inconsistencies... and contains the worst, most unbelievable, scene in Buffy history (where everyone, except Spike who wasn't there at the time, turns on Buffy and supports Faith instead). Everytime I see that scene I just internally scream WTF?! It makes no sense that they would do that; especially Dawn and Willow who owed Buffy A LOT by that point. And very recent debts of gratitude, at that.

Another thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is the incredibly annoying presence of Andrew. He's so much a part of most of that season, and is so damn annoying, it's a wonder they just didn't kick his ass out of the house. I'd have had Giles put him on a boat to England or something. The slayer-ettes were not all that welcome by this viewer either. They, for the most part, didn't add much to the show and just "were there".

Second, the finale was god-awful. It's as if the writers said "we backed ourselves into a corner and built up this upstoppable evil and now we have to stop it so let's just make up stuff to get it done". You had endless thousands of Uber-vamps, just one of which had previously kicked Buffys ass more than once and took her to the limit again before she finally killed it. Now they are falling in battle like cardboard cut-outs. And not just to Buffy and Faith but to the inexperienced Slayer-ettes (who had only just gotten their power, btw) and even non Slayers!

Then, it's still too much for them to handle, of course, so we have Spikes amulet, which magically destroys the hell mouth and all the beasties coming forth from it. Really, how convenient! Just a terribly awful finale. The season 5 finale would have been a much better series finale.

Last edited by interstellardave; 11-05-12 at 15:25.
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 15:12   #2217
Zelda master

I probably saw it as a child but don't remember it, or atleast not exactly so I'll skip that post
Old 11-05-12, 15:31   #2218
Liara

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SEASON SEVEN!!!

Season 7 has inherent problems and inconsistencies... and contains the worst, most unbelievable, scene in Buffy history (where everyone, except Spike who wasn't there at the time, turns on Buffy and supports Faith instead).
I don't remember much of that scene now, but back when I saw it I remember thinking to myself that what the gang did was actually a long time coming. I don't know, I guess I always saw Buffy as sometimes winy, selfish and infuriating when she didn't get her way, so it made sense for some of them to turn on her. Of course that my being a Faith fan makes me super biased, but oh well.
Liara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 21:56   #2219
Zelda master

Buffy's mom and Spike in the same room, I love these subtle moments of pure comedy genious
Old 11-05-12, 23:27   #2220
King.Louie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremanie View Post
Why the hate for 7? It gave Buffy that "superhero" sort of feeling, IMO. I don't dislike any season, they were all amazing, to me. I just hate Riley.
Riley was sooooo annoying The fact that he is still living in the Buffy universe compared to other notable characters is revolting!!
King.Louie is offline   Reply With Quote