Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Technical Support

Old 10-08-17, 17:26   #1
Phlip
Inactive

Default TR2 and 3 brightness upped on 1080p

Hey all, so for some reason when TR2 and 3 on PC are put on my native 1920x1080, the brightness/gamma increases to make it look kinda washed out... on lower resolutions it doesn't do this. I have no gamma auto fixes enabled on my nVidia CP, and this doesn't happen with TR1 ati. It's a new and odd issue, any idea how to fix?
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 15:47   #2
LoreRaider

Maybe this can help? I never had a similar problem by the way
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 20:01   #3
Phlip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
Maybe this can help? I never had a similar problem by the way
Thanks for the response. The "disable the three Intel startup entries that say Common User Interface" advice makes no sense when it comes to the System Configuration app, though.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-17, 07:25   #4
Ward Dragon
Golden

TR1 uses Dosbox instead of being a Windows program, so it makes sense that it doesn't have the same issues.

I just installed TR2 and TR3 from my GOG client to see what would happen. TR2 wouldn't even start, and for TR3 when I went to the sunglasses to change the resolution, it had a bunch of weird resolutions but not 1920x1080. I could visibly see the brightness increasing and decreasing as I cycled through the available resolutions.

I followed the first two steps in this post:

https://www.gog.com/forum/tomb_raide...dows_10/post15

I didn't bother with step 3 as the videos were already playing for me. That seemed to do the trick for TR2, enabling it to run full-screen and showing the FMV's without the Windows borders. I had to click on the game in the GOG client, click "Other" and then click "Setup" in order to choose 1920x1080 for both games (that link seems to bring up the normal setup window since there isn't a separate option for it in the launcher), but after I did that and didn't touch the in-game options for TR3, it looks right to me (not too dark or washed out at the default gamma setting). TR2 looks like how I remember it too, although I only tested it at 1920x1080 so I'm not sure if the brightness is the same as lower resolutions.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote