Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 21-09-17, 14:15   #11
Wooxman

Her nipples are poking through her top.

I never got this "buying an expensive doll and then replacing everything with other expensive parts, so in the end it's basically a completely different doll", but if that makes you happy you should go on! I like the original boots better, but if you want to replace them, I'd suggest searching for biker boots if doll biker boots are a thing. Legend Lara's boots are based off of biker boots.

And I own this TRU action figure. It has a hideous face, which is something that haunted Lara figures for quite a while.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-17, 08:24   #12
Mani_Man

I didnt knew that there were poseable tomb raider figures out there except the ones from...Play arts?Figuarts?

If hot toys and other companies would slow down and chill for a bit...i would find the time and money to get some of those Tomb Raider figures and statues.

They look pretty sweet Alpharaider47.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post

I never got this "buying an expensive doll and then replacing everything with other expensive parts, so in the end it's basically a completely different doll", but if that makes you happy you should go on! I like the original boots better, but if you want to replace them, I'd suggest searching for biker boots if doll biker boots are a thing. Legend Lara's boots are based off of biker boots.

And I own this TRU action figure. It has a hideous face, which is something that haunted Lara figures for quite a while.
Yeah, the customization thing was never mine either.
I like to pose them and all that, but thats it.

Probably has also to do with the pretty creepy stuff i saw when it comes to customization...i mean creepy when i say it.
You can actually buy anatomical correct figure parts and bodys that can be posed in specific poses...if you know what i mean(since were not in the mature section here i cant go into details. XD)
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-17, 12:34   #13
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Probably has also to do with the pretty creepy stuff i saw when it comes to customization...i mean creepy when i say it.
You can actually buy anatomical correct figure parts and bodys that can be posed in specific poses...if you know what i mean(since were not in the mature section here i cant go into details. XD)
Oh yes, I also already stumbled about that stuff. Pretty disturbing. *shudders*

I knew about this Legend figure ever since it was announced, but if I remember correctly it was rather expensive at release.

I'm currently waiting for the reboot/movie Barbie Lara. That one probably won't be very expensive.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=218445
Old 22-09-17, 23:47   #14
CheshireBitch

Quote:

I knew about this Legend figure ever since it was announced, but if I remember correctly it was rather expensive at release.
Not so much, when it came out it was "only" 80$ which is "nothing" compared to what seller ask today. Usually they ask at least 200$ for it for it still in its original box.
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-17, 14:54   #15
Alpharaider47

Quote:

I think that's due to the nature of the material in her top... it's not very noticeable in person.

My motivations for this undertaking were that when I was younger I had wanted this figure, but I never had the financial forethought to save money, and so I never managed to get it. I found this one for a really good price, so it was an opportunity to accomplish a dream from yesteryear, but also put the extra money that I thought I would have to have spent into getting a second body and head to make it look like I imagined it to look as a kid. Eventually both figures will be displayed together.

I like the original boots as well, but the tolerances are so tight that it's difficult to get them back on the feet, let alone with the socks. I have been hoping to find something of similar dimensions that I can modify/scratch build parts for to make them look the part.

And yes, I agree the original face is hideous. The sculpt is pretty good though, so with a new coat of paint it could look great. At the moment that's a bit out of my realm of expertise, but once I jump back into model painting I will take a crack at it. Until now I've mostly focused on painting aircraft and spacecraft. I'm working on a 1/144 aircraft carrier right now and I occasionally paint 1/100 and 15mm tabletop wargames figures. Basically small stuff where you can fudge detail, 1/6 scale will be much less forgiving to me, hence my reservations.

Last edited by Alpharaider47; 23-09-17 at 14:55.
Alpharaider47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-17, 22:30   #16
Wooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
Not so much, when it came out it was "only" 80$ which is "nothing" compared to what seller ask today. Usually they ask at least 200$ for it for it still in its original box.
Oh, I thought that it was a bit more expensive. Still quite a high price for what I consider to be a glorified Barbie doll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpharaider47 View Post
I think that's due to the nature of the material in her top... it's not very noticeable in person.

My motivations for this undertaking were that when I was younger I had wanted this figure, but I never had the financial forethought to save money, and so I never managed to get it. I found this one for a really good price, so it was an opportunity to accomplish a dream from yesteryear, but also put the extra money that I thought I would have to have spent into getting a second body and head to make it look like I imagined it to look as a kid. Eventually both figures will be displayed together.
I see where you're coming from since I also occasionally buy old things that I wanted to get when I was younger but was too expensive back then. And when you plan on displaying both figures, it makes sense to basically built a second doll. At first I thought that you would build a new one and only use some clothes from the original doll which would've been kinda pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpharaider47 View Post
I like the original boots as well, but the tolerances are so tight that it's difficult to get them back on the feet, let alone with the socks. I have been hoping to find something of similar dimensions that I can modify/scratch build parts for to make them look the part.

And yes, I agree the original face is hideous. The sculpt is pretty good though, so with a new coat of paint it could look great. At the moment that's a bit out of my realm of expertise, but once I jump back into model painting I will take a crack at it. Until now I've mostly focused on painting aircraft and spacecraft. I'm working on a 1/144 aircraft carrier right now and I occasionally paint 1/100 and 15mm tabletop wargames figures. Basically small stuff where you can fudge detail, 1/6 scale will be much less forgiving to me, hence my reservations.
Wow, that's cool! I tried to get into model building once but didn't have enough patience for it since you've to wait for the glue and colours to dry. I was more of a Lego person: Build whatever you want without waiting.