Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 20-07-07, 15:10   #1
8accent8

Default Extreme criticisms make things worst

most obvious when you're watching a movie. if u constantly search for the faults, you will find them. therefore, think the movie is bad.
like today, i was playing tomb raider legend, which i have highly criticised for all its bad points in the past. but i decided to relax and take it all in, what CD really made. i actually liked it alot, and felt my money's worth finally. yes we all know "games arent what they used to be" but sometimes change is good. yea, so games need pretty graphics to boost its quality. "back then" they were different and that was a different era in the gaming industry. instead of being close-minded to anything new. u can appreciate them for what they were and what they are now. why, if u never gave tomb raider's new concept a chance u would've missed alot. so, what i'm really trying to say is that tomb raider legend isnt bad as i thought it was. the first level is relaxing, gorgeous graphics, serene music, and an adventure quality. also lara is easy to manuver and looks stunning. then it gets more actiony. then as we progress to peru we get to see the tomb of tiwina...u kno the name, and we even get to go to her past. when i played it, i put every criticism to the side and jus looked at it for its good qualities instead of nitpicking. yes, there are some faults, but u dont hav to over exaggerate them to the point where u dont want to play it.
i hope this long post has maybe made u realize something, not only for a game or a movie, but also other things u extremly criticise....

any thoughts?...
8accent8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-07, 15:17   #2
Greenkey2

My thoughts are very similar, though if it's Legend you're particularly drawing attention to, then that is where this topic belongs
Greenkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-07, 15:55   #3
Sara Croft
Inactive

Even if I don't nit pick, I hate that product. It dosent represent what Tomb Raider is about. I cant like that game, no matter what I do.
Sara Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-07, 15:56   #4
Aurimas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8accent8 View Post
any thoughts?...
No.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-07, 16:31   #5
Sir Croft

I think the same way. You won't find much flaws if you don't look for them.
People look more for flaws than for the good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
No.
Why am I not surprised?

Last edited by Sir Croft; 20-07-07 at 16:33.
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-07, 17:07   #6
domina

Until coming to these forums, I never even considered Legend to be "flawed." It's not to say that it was perfect because that's an absolute that's difficult to achieve, but it perfectly entertained me and at the end of the day, that's all I look for from a video game. I enjoyed it and felt I got my money's worth, so I couldn't have cared less if it was "flawed" or not.

I'm not going to tell people how to respond to a game or a movie or a book or so on, and certainly tastes differ, but I do think that the excessive nit-picking can cause people to miss out on a pleasant experience.
domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-07, 17:34   #7
mattlsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by domina View Post
Until coming to these forums, I never even considered Legend to be "flawed." It's not to say that it was perfect because that's an absolute that's difficult to achieve, but it perfectly entertained me and at the end of the day, that's all I look for from a video game. I enjoyed it and felt I got my money's worth, so I couldn't have cared less if it was "flawed" or not.

I'm not going to tell people how to respond to a game or a movie or a book or so on, and certainly tastes differ, but I do think that the excessive nit-picking can cause people to miss out on a pleasant experience.
Agreed. Tomb Raider Legend is a good game, but Anniversary is better IMO. The first time playing through Legend, I actually enjoyed it allot. The only thing that I picked out though was Zip & Allister on the headset. They talk a bit too much.
mattlsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-07, 17:39   #8
Pink_Oracle

Many people said that Anniversary was an improvement on Legend and that Crystal had “listened to us”.
That was the criticism they had acted on to make those improvements. Complaining isn’t pretty but it gets things changed.
Pink_Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-07, 17:48   #9
CroftScionGuard

Hey the most important of all is that the game is very good and I love it, no matter how much critisized it is. TR:A is also very good and also very critisized (including me with some bugs I mentioned)
CroftScionGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-07, 17:54   #10
Lior_K

This "ostrich" attitude isn't particularly right...you can hide your head in the sand as long as you want but it won't solve the problem.

As customers we are not obligated to accept products as they are even if they are faulty. We pay our hard-earned money to enjoy the product and if it is faulty, then no matter how much we ignore it - it would remain faulty. And if we don't speak up the company would keep producing faulty products and eventually the only people who would keep buying it are the "ostrich" ones.

If your opinion is so easily influenced by other people then I strongly recommend avoiding these forums or any negative threads.
Lior_K is offline   Reply With Quote