Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-10-16, 22:53   #1
OrangeJuice

Default Blood Ties Appreciations Thread

Y'know what. Imma do this.

Does this deserve a thread of its own? Of course not. Or maybe yes.

I've just finished playing Blood Ties (completed it on 100%) and wow. I think CD really did this. Like, honestly it's been the best thing about the reboot universe so far. The characters and the story felt incredibly interesting, the manor was beautiful, I felt more connected to Lara than ever and there were just so many Easter eggs that I got emotional. Honestly this DLC has had the best storytelling in the rebooted era. Also, DOUBLE PISTOLS

SO. The point is I really wanted to make this thread to thank CD because I feel like just writing a post in the general chat would be useless.
Thank you, CD. You guys really made me happy.

So if you guys feel as glad as I do that Blood Ties is a thing, feel free to join me in thanking CD.

Edit: also, I made a typo in the thread title.

Edit 2: I didn't know Nixxes also worked on this! Kudos to Nixxes too then!

Last edited by OrangeJuice; 12-10-16 at 12:28.
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-16, 23:07   #2
tomblover

Same as ****. Yes. CD truly did #that with this DLC.

Easter eggs in a nostalgic setting, actual puzzles (even if Lara immediately gives the solution for most of them ) and a much-needed fleshing out of the whole "Richard is really thirsty for Amelia" thing. I'm obsessed.

Last edited by tomblover; 11-10-16 at 23:12.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-16, 23:12   #3
$@Ssio

I just finished to play it too.... I am sill crying for happiness.. the story was so beautiful and really interesting! I got so attached to the Croft Family.. at one point it got creepy too and the ending felt like watching "The Da Vinci Code".. really unexpected!! And when I saw what Lara was doing at the very end in the Manor, I screamed for excitement !!!

The Manor is baaaaaack!!

Thank you so much Crystal!! :

Amela is so sweet btw...I loved her so much!
$@Ssio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-16, 23:40   #4
uzivatel

Wish it was longer and had some platforming, but it was nice episode and it did not overstay its welcome.
I am going to come back to find the last relic

I am wondering whether that magazine in the vault was an oversight or a hint that someone else was there after Yamatai...
uzivatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-16, 23:42   #5
pipermaru

I really enjoyed it. Lovely atmosphere, good puzzles, nice story and Camilla's acting was on point - no unnecessary screams, no "I can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!", no "almost theeeeeerrrree.

I'm particularly not a fan of the amount of documents, but I don't like documents and recorders in any game and I understand it was the best way to tell the story they wanted.
pipermaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-16, 00:00   #6
WolfRaider

Yeah I think this is definitely one of CD's finest in the series. There such a great sense of discovery, it was great searching for clues and trying to get the answers, the atmosphere was top-notch, the easter eggs, and the croft family was nicely fleshed out.

I applaud to CD for this, and the post-launch content as a whole really.

Last edited by WolfRaider; 12-10-16 at 00:02.
WolfRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-16, 00:42   #7
Paradoxical

Blood Ties really surprised me, it actually felt like an adventure, a mystery to be solved with great atmosphere.

I really loved that it made reboot Lara feel more grounded and human, while paying tribute in ways to Lara of old.
Almost got a little misty towards the end. I think it was a great and unexpected ending for Rise.
Paradoxical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-16, 00:45   #8
Tonyrobinson

A great addition to the series, I've heard people say you can find a dual pistol ether egg, where do you guys see it?
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-16, 00:46   #9
Baratheon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
A great addition to the series, I've heard people say you can find a dual pistol
If you return to the manor after completing the game, Roth's pistols will be sitting on the desk. Also stuff from Yamatai and Rise.
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-16, 00:52   #10
Horus-Goddess

As I've stated in the General thread, I really liked Blood Ties too! As a mostly classic fan, I really liked the change of atmosphere and all the backtracking. For once, I actually felt for reboot Lara and I enjoyed most of all hearing Amelia's musings. I really felt a connection to Amelia's artistic side as I'm an artist too.

I was really surprised by the end of BT too. I wasn't expecting it! I had thought it'd end after opening Richard's safe. I'm glad to be proven wrong.

And of course, all the throwbacks to previous Tomb Raiders was really great. I loved the jade dragon and golden Ankh amulet. Lara's obsession with ancient Egypt as a kid really resonated with me as I was pretty obsessed over it too, especially around the time TR4 came out.

So, needless to say this was a very welcome surprise, I didn't think I'd feel so connected to this Lara as I did during this little adventure. I'm still not completely sold on it, but it was nice nontheless. I'm eager to see what awaits us in future games. I hope they really go somewhere with this more classic-style adventuring.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote