Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 26-04-12, 17:26   #11
interstellardave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalith View Post
Last time i checked PSN was free (in contrast to xbox Live) even if Sony is "hemorrhaging money" and MS is doing so well.
Yeah; that might change too.
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 17:35   #12
moodydog

I have an Xbox, but I don't have Xbox Live... so I don't really care for this TV ad thing. But having said that, if I did want to go live, M$ certainly are not tempting me into it.
I may just pick up a WiiU for NG gamimg, despite it's crappy name and unclear IP.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 17:38   #13
Megalith

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
Yeah; that might change too.
Until it does (and if it does) though,it appears that MS is far greedier than Sony even if they are in a better economical state.
Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 17:40   #14
ajrich17901

Quote:
Until it does (and if it does) though,it appears that MS is far greedier than Sony even if they are in a better economical state.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 17:42   #15
Jester Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Croft View Post
Well, so is cable TV, but they still have ads.
Really? I don't usually see those here.
Jester Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 17:45   #16
interstellardave

Quote:
Not necessarily; this is a "spread the wealth" kind of thing. MS benefits, of course, but so do their partners. MS would probably say that these arrangements eventually broaden the scope of entertainment available to those who are on xbox live. They are probably right about that. That's if people care, though... and are willing to put up with the ads for it.

Don't get me wrong; personally I do NOT care for this. I don't want my 360 to be an "entertainment hub". I just want it to be a game console. I don't want my PS3 to be an "entertainment hub" either but they are going down the same road... that's why I assume they will do these same things eventually. Even Nintendo has made some ominous statements... but they are clearly not anywhere close to the other 2 in terms of how they view their hardware.

I try to ignore it all anyway, and just play my games. That way I only have to skip commercials on my DVR box!
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 18:39   #17
MangelinaJolie

If we really want to get all fanboy here I can just go ahead and say how crappy all of the services on PS3 are in general when compared.

You have to go through 30 seconds of loading on there anyway. to that.

In all seriousness, Sony isn't pure of screwing over their customers (yes, paying customers). So please stop acting like they don't.

Last edited by MangelinaJolie; 26-04-12 at 19:03. Reason: Lol, wrong word.
MangelinaJolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 18:49   #18
Sir Croft

I'll be the better fanboy and say both suck. I don't have to put up with this ****. /PCElitist
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 19:37   #19
Zelda master

Honestly, this is worse then any **** Up: Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Atari and all other game companies have done wrong all put together

Quote:
Last time i checked PSN was free (in contrast to xbox Live) even if Sony is "hemorrhaging money" and MS is doing so well.
Optional free, you can also choice to pay money and get some (pretty good) games for free more then once a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
I may just pick up a WiiU for NG gamimg, despite it's crappy name and unclear IP.
Just quickly, Nintendo is having trouble getting a license on the name: Wii U, most like on the U part. So chances are the system might get a name change in a month

Last edited by Zelda master; 26-04-12 at 19:42.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 20:22   #20
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrich17901 View Post
Oh look surprise, surprise. The Sony fanboys come out. But when a negative article about Sony is posted you guys bitch and defend them to the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangelinaJolie View Post
If we really want to get all fanboy here I can just go ahead and say how crappy all of the services on PS3 are in general when compared.

You have to go through 30 seconds of loading on there anyway. to that.

In all seriousness, Sony isn't pure of screwing over their customers (yes, paying customers). So please stop acting like they don't.
True facts, bro.

Last edited by Carbonek_0051; 26-04-12 at 20:28.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote