Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 03-12-16, 22:59   #61
Szkokan

Dear Peixoto

I am on windows 10 and steam version of Tomb Raider 4.
I am having strange problem with texture swapping (VictorXD's HD font).

- if i swap and leave the resolution at 640x480 -> no problem
- if i change the resolution to full hd -> freezing immediately after new game.

It must be related to fmv's becuase if i load a save game(no fmv) then it works fine.
Also the game works perfectly in there is no texture swap.

Thanks for giving me any idea.
Szkokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 21:56   #62
sackboy123

If it's the case with the FMVs then go into the setup of your PCTOMB5 and disable the FMVs then try
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 00:00   #63
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szkokan View Post
Dear Peixoto

I am on windows 10 and steam version of Tomb Raider 4.
I am having strange problem with texture swapping (VictorXD's HD font).

- if i swap and leave the resolution at 640x480 -> no problem
- if i change the resolution to full hd -> freezing immediately after new game.

It must be related to fmv's becuase if i load a save game(no fmv) then it works fine.
Also the game works perfectly in there is no texture swap.

Thanks for giving me any idea.
Use the multipatch executable
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-16, 17:52   #64
Szkokan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
Use the multipatch executable
Thanks for the idea. I tried but failed to launch because it asks for CD. (wich i do not have since it is steam version)
Old 11-12-16, 20:15   #65
VictorXD

How does your folder with the executable look? It will do that if not all files are there most likely.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-16, 19:11   #66
Szkokan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
How does your folder with the executable look? It will do that if not all files are there most likely.
Ok, now i downloaded cracked multipatch.exe.I does lunch, texture swap working but same crash at fmv if the internal resolution is different than fmv resolution.

So in summary..is it safe to say that in Tomb Raider 4 texutere swap does not
work with high resoultion and fmv's
Workaround:
-Option1: Disable fmv's (ok. but i miss them personally)
-Option2: Play in original resolution (custom fonts work but 640x480 hurts your eyes in 2016)
-Option3: Disable texture swapping (then no custom fonts)

Could you also try ?
I am using these fonts :
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=215390

Last edited by Szkokan; 14-12-16 at 19:14.
Old 14-12-16, 20:03   #67
VictorXD

Well then why don't you try to resize the FMVs to fit your resolution? Might work, if I'm not mistaken TR4&5 don't have hardcoded parameters when it comes to FMVs unlike TR1-3.

There surely must be some video editing software that opens the files.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-16, 00:06   #68
Szkokan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Well then why don't you try to resize the FMVs to fit your resolution? Might work, if I'm not mistaken TR4&5 don't have hardcoded parameters when it comes to FMVs unlike TR1-3.

There surely must be some video editing software that opens the files.
i've now converted fmv's to full hd using RAD Video Tools. However same result.

- without texture swapping - fmv works in full hd !
- with texture swapping - fmv freezes

Thanks
Old 26-09-17, 19:19   #69
jackraider
Inactive

Peixoto, your tool works great. I got PSX ratio working and no window borders are present. However, FMV's still play with black bars on the side. Not a big issue.

I did download the HD FMV pack and I put all files in the FMV folder. I downloaded the K-LITE basic pack. Now when I check off Non-exclusive fullscreen, the EIDOS logo plays (with black borders on sides still present), but tomb4.exe crashes after. When I have force native resolution whether by itself or with Non-exclusive full screen checked off, I get a "Failed to setup directx" error when I try to launch the game.

If there isn't a work around for this I suppose I can manage the black bars on sides of non HD FMVs. However, it'd be nice to play the game with widescreen full screen scaled HD FMV's. Regardless, I have the PSX native resolution working great, I just have issues with the Non-Exclusive & force native resolution boxes checked.

Also, tried the TR multi-patch update, but I am using the Steam version of Tomb4. After patching with the new tomb4.exe I get a message demanding I insert the TR4 CD.

Last edited by jackraider; 26-09-17 at 19:53.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-17, 03:09   #70
Peixoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackraider View Post
Peixoto, your tool works great. I got PSX ratio working and no window borders are present. However, FMV's still play with black bars on the side. Not a big issue.

I did download the HD FMV pack and I put all files in the FMV folder. I downloaded the K-LITE basic pack. Now when I check off Non-exclusive fullscreen, the EIDOS logo plays (with black borders on sides still present), but tomb4.exe crashes after. When I have force native resolution whether by itself or with Non-exclusive full screen checked off, I get a "Failed to setup directx" error when I try to launch the game.

If there isn't a work around for this I suppose I can manage the black bars on sides of non HD FMVs. However, it'd be nice to play the game with widescreen full screen scaled HD FMV's. Regardless, I have the PSX native resolution working great, I just have issues with the Non-Exclusive & force native resolution boxes checked.

Also, tried the TR multi-patch update, but I am using the Steam version of Tomb4. After patching with the new tomb4.exe I get a message demanding I insert the TR4 CD.
The FMVs will always play with their correct aspect ratio. If there are bars on top of them, use the FMV scale option.

As stated in the help, after checking "Force native resolution", you have to run setup (Hold shift)

If the widescreen works, then the steam versions is probably the same as the multipatch, but steam itself can get in the way of the patch, specially fmvs since they are played using Direct3D9 and steam overlay hooks Direct3D9. Exit steam and see what happens.

All my patches shared a lot a common code. On the latest version, i introduced some things in the "force native resolution" feature aiming to make it more universal, but those still a little unstable. The next version, in a few weeks, might make it more stable

Last edited by Peixoto; 28-09-17 at 03:11.
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote