Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 20-01-17, 11:19   #31
thabani33

Green Rita? Seriously!?

She kinda looks like a Marvel character or something.

I can forgive the rangers' costume not having the dinosaur helmets but Rita looks nothing like the original Rita of the tv series
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-17, 12:30   #32
ggctuk

Yeah, I think that's kind of the idea.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-17, 18:33   #33
LuigiEspadachin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabani33 View Post
Green Rita? Seriously!?

She kinda looks like a Marvel character or something.

I can forgive the rangers' costume not having the dinosaur helmets but Rita looks nothing like the original Rita of the tv series
Some fans have been speculating that the Rita in this movie might have been the Green Ranger before she was sealed away and she might pass them to Tommy in a sequel. (At 1:32 in the trailer there's a coin on her staff in the trailer that matches the rangers' power coins). The design itself does look rather weird but a lot of it seems to be playing up the alien aspect. Still looks cool though.
LuigiEspadachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-17, 19:10   #34
peeves

I can't believe they're doing so many reboots lately it's just unbearable.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-17, 19:13   #35
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
I can't believe they're doing so many reboots lately it's just unbearable.
In this context it makes sense given that the older Power Rangers just can't stand up in today's world of entertainment, except for nostalgic value.

By the way, did they choose the actress playing Kimberley for her passing resemblance in some of those shots to the original Kimberly (Amy Jo Johnson)?
Old 20-01-17, 23:29   #36
Lenochka
Golden

The new trailer has me even more excited!
Lenochka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-17, 01:19   #37
Jami393

I'm liking the look of Bryan Cranston as Zordon. Not the usual way we're used to seeing him, but still, he looks good. He's the only actor to tie MMPR and this reboot movie and I'm sure he'll do great as Zordon. Alpha 5 on the other hand, is just weird looking. But I don't mind this redesign. It's a reboot and it's good to see some changes whether they're good or bad.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-17, 22:14   #38
ggctuk

So, has anybody seen the movie yet? Thoughts? I'm toying with the idea of seeing it just for a laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
I'm liking the look of Bryan Cranston as Zordon. Not the usual way we're used to seeing him, but still, he looks good. He's the only actor to tie MMPR and this reboot movie and I'm sure he'll do great as Zordon. Alpha 5 on the other hand, is just weird looking. But I don't mind this redesign. It's a reboot and it's good to see some changes whether they're good or bad.
Don't forget the cameos of Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank
Old 25-03-17, 00:52   #39
HRHCroft

I was feeling kind of... indifferent towards the movie, but the more I see of it, the less I like the look of it. I'll be waiting till it's VOD/home media released.

I realise the TV version is still chugging along with the yearly concept reinventions which is cool, but this feels a bit like who's really gonna care, aside from the people who were kids/grew up watching the original? Sometimes there's a zeitgeist capturing lightning-in-a-bottle thing that happens with things like the original "Power Rangers" phenomenon that just can't be replicated, even with a modern day veneer applied.

Speaking of, they really overdid the CG FX on the suits. I actually don't hate the redesigns (don't love them, either, though) but the Iron Man style approach where they look like fully CG characters just seems so unnecessary.

Last edited by HRHCroft; 25-03-17 at 00:55.
HRHCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-17, 01:09   #40
Ceamonks890

I don't really care anymore about this movie, based off what I've heard involving the actual 'Power Rangers' portions of the film being fairly weak, in comparison to the non-Power Rangers bits which are apparently more interesting(which kinda defeats the point of this film's existence).

Honestly though, meh. I expected a bit too much from what is in essence a kids property at its core, being re-imagined for a more older audience. Guess its back to not caring about whatever Hollywood puts out these days again, I suppose :/
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote