Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 24-11-16, 20:39   #71
Mr GaGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PallasAthene View Post
I definitely roll my eyes at gratuitous violence where it doesn't belong/adds nothing, but I actually don't mind a bit of violence in TR games, I'm just so bored of endless human on human violence in TR games (generally just sick of TR games being filled with more mortal humans than Times Square). Bring back supernatural enemies and traps and I wont mind gore/horror. It has to be done well and not be too frequent to make you feel fear and surprise though.

As for the swearing, again, it depends. I'm kind of bored of hearing Lara say ****! as things fall down around her, but I'm not opposed to swearing on principle.
In the reboot and Rise Lara fought Animals, Humans, and the supernatual soooo I'm confused as to what you are talking about
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 20:49   #72
paulwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
I personally think Lara is more believable in the reboot. I'm absolutely fine with the violence because the whole killing enemies thing isn't really that bad. No blood or prone body parts or anything.
Theres nothing believable about a chick who is magically attached to a thin and slippy tree log. She won't slip or falter - leave the console switched on for 24hours and revisit her - she'll still be standing there with no effort required by the gamer.

Statistically, the most commonly uttered word in moments of shock, surprise and often pain is "oh god!" or a linguistic equivalent. Cursing happens very rarely when your wits are pitted. Swearing is usually entirely for effect/show in social situations. Your brain is far too focused on fighting for your life to be launching into great monologues and slanging matches.

For somebody who CD now wants to show off as being stealthy and not drawing attention from merctastic squadrons or animals who can hear all sorts of decibels, she sure doesn't know when to shut the freak up.

Last edited by paulwork; 24-11-16 at 21:03.
paulwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 21:13   #73
larafan25

My issue with the swearing is more to do with the fact that there are like 5 Tomb Raider games, each about 10 or 15 hours long. Featuring about 5 or 6 cutscenes in which Lara says like 3 words.

Figure out what she says, and stick to the script. Also make a Tomb Raider game as opposed to communicating to everyone that you don't like Tomb Raider all that much.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-16, 21:20   #74
tomee

Meh, I don't care about swearing. I do, everybody else I know in real life does. It doesn't bother me at all. I'm glad for you if you are one of those self proclaimed saint that never does, Lara clearly isn't meant to be one right now.

As for the violence, I really don't know what to think about it. I think to an extend it's fine, but I hope they continue to decrease the amount of torture Lara has to go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwork View Post
Statistically, the most commonly uttered word in moments of shock, surprise and often pain is "oh god!" or a linguistic equivalent. Cursing happens very rarely when your wits are pitted. Swearing is usually entirely for effect/show in social situations. Your brain is far too focused on fighting for your life to be launching into great monologues and slanging matches.
Can you actually back this up with facts? Has there been any studies on this or something?
Quote:
For somebody who CD now wants to show off as being stealthy and not drawing attention from merctastic squadrons or animals who can hear all sorts of decibels, she sure doesn't know when to shut the freak up.
Examples? When is she being loud while stealthing?
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote