Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Old 01-01-17, 21:12   #1
Spirus

Default Hello: problems modding in XPS

Hello. My name is Spirus.
Maybe you had seen me on Deviantart. I did some images and I'm very happy to be a XPS user.
Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!

Sorry if my first message is a "I need help" thread, but I cannot find a clue

Recently, I was following a tutorial to meshmod some models on XNALara.
I had a body model and a hair model. So I followed the tutorial and I was able to attach the hair to the upper neck. I saved the results in a backup folder and tested the model. So far so good.

So, I repeated the steps to attach a belt to the new model, an did some "modding" to it (using face bones, moving and scaling them I was able to make a different face). 5 Hours of work later, I export the new model into a third folder. It looks ok...

But then I posed it and the hair is not attached to the neck bone! I can move the head, but the hair stays in the default position.
So I tried to open the .mesh.ascii file to try to fix it. First I thinked it was a detached bone, but after some time looking and comparing with the second model, I couldn't find any problems.
Then I reopened the third model an then I realized that the bones are moving with the head, but not the mesh.

Can anyone tell me how to fix it with notepad++? I don't want to repeat all steps from model 2 to 3 because they are A LOT (as I said, 5 hours of work) and I think I can't get the same results. I don't know the .mesh.ascii format, and it has 375000+ lines :S
Spirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 15:54   #2
Spirus

Ok, finally I figured it out!! It took me about an hour to find it out, but I got it.

In the "# meshes" section, I saw the textures, so using them I can find the hair sections. In their respectives sections are a "# vertices" section, with 7 lines of groups of numbers.
Something happened in one conversion, becasue the 6th line was "0 0 0" for all groups! That line is the number of bone attached... but I don't understand why they are three numbers.

So, fortunately, I had some backups files, and fixing it was as easy as copy those two sections (one for every optional item / hair) from backup to new file.
100000 lines before, I have my model fixed and working. Now I need to add some more clothes, so I will looking for a tutorial to attach rigged clothes to mix their bones to the model bones.

Thanks anyway!
Old 03-01-17, 06:37   #3
XNAaraL

Lightbulb Combine (merge) rigged clothes with XnaPosingStudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirus View Post
Solved
Follow up with a brief note on the solution
Now I need to add some more clothes, so I will looking for a tutorial to attach rigged clothes to mix their bones to the model bones.

Thanks anyway!
  1. load the character and all cloth parts into XPS 11.2 or better (Choose your forum carefully)
  2. merge everything mit Ctrl+M
  3. Test it ... and finish
Difficulty: Beginners
Time required: 1/10 hour (6 minutes)
Tutorial: http://*************************/t31...on-release-179 by TRF

Sorry for the large pictures

Last edited by XNAaraL; 03-01-17 at 06:55.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 17:36   #4
Spirus

Oh! Thank you, XNAaraL.
I was about to follow a tutorial from DragonLord, who says to export to Blender, remove bones and then use "copy weight bones". It also may help in my Zoey port.

By the way, thanks for all your work, XNAaraL. I was following you since I started with XPS, but I can't tell you until now!

PD: the link is broken ^^U Don't worry, I can figure it out.