Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-01-17, 22:45   #21
Phlip
Inactive

I'd rather they keep quiet than release trailers and screenshots of content that won't appear in the game at all, such as early Legend.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 22:52   #22
Blackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post

I'm also wondering if they announced her departure now as they are preparing for a reveal of Shadow and her name wouldn't automatically be linked to it.
I think that may be a good possibility.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 22:53   #23
Evan C.

The game is in development since quite a time for sure, however CD since the reboot decided to show things when they are almost fully baked for avoiding troubles they already faced for showing things in early stages.
AFAIK Crystal is working with SOTR and IMO a part of the team is developing a new IP. Probably there is a lot of cooperation with Eidos Montreal to cover the space of the team created for that new project. But the game is indeed being developed and probably is playable at this point. However nothing will be shown until a proper announcement, wich could happen at E317 though I wouldn't hold my breath.
Evan C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 22:54   #24
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I'd rather they keep quiet than release trailers and screenshots of content that won't appear in the game at all, such as early Legend.
The game has likely been in development for ~ 2-3 years considering how ROTTR started development while TR2013 was still a thing - according to their game developing schedules it only makes sense that Shadow has been in production for a long time now. In all honesty, it's probably nearly complete. They definitely aren't short of assets to release at this point - CD has not waited this long to get the ball rolling, there is no way.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 23:24   #25
Patrick star

Yep , I'm sure Shadow is nearly done by now , and mainly by CD but in collaboration with EM (just how it was in Rise) , NOT fully by EM as the rumors suggest , I was thinking that if EM was the lead developer then Noah wouldn't have said anything like "the next game won't be bigger , but denser" (and that was about 2 years ago) , right ?

I'm trying to hold my breath on a CGI trailer (or a magazine exclusive coverage) like a month before E3 , and then at E3 the REAL promotion begins (hopefully the game gets promoted this time , okay SE ? ) preparing for a fall 2017/early 2018 release .

Last edited by Patrick star; 11-01-17 at 23:26.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 23:27   #26
irishhips

Hope they don't do the exclusive deal again but it would be suicide for them to do that again after the backlash from ROTTR.
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 23:31   #27
Patrick star

Precisely . I mean SE are...obviously stupid for taking that risk for the first time , but I don't think they're that stupid to do it again , if that happened , it would be the killing bullet of the TR franchise , no doubt .
Old 11-01-17, 23:44   #28
iWANEX
Golden

Taking into account past Game Informer exclusive reveals on the past games this is what I think:

- TR2013 GI Cover Reveal: December 2010
- TR2013 Release: March 2013
2 years and 3 months between them (WTF?)

- ROTTR GI Cover Reveal: February 2015
- ROTTR Release (Xbox): November 2015
9 months between them

So, if the release of Shadow is scheduled near the movie's release in March (which would make total sense), I wouldn't be surprised to see something about the new game in a couple of months with a full E3 coverage in June.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-17, 23:55   #29
Patrick star

It's going to be one hell of a summer !
Old 11-01-17, 23:56   #30
VictorXD

Rise wasn't releaved by GI though. It was in 2014's E3.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote