Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 25-04-12, 07:02   #51
Ceamonks890

There is an AoD fan-made TRLE sequel in the works. It's called The Lost Dominion

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=190173
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-12, 11:17   #52
motoleo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
No, no chance it contains any ideas from AOD2, the library was an early area from AOD that was never used, this commercial is based on the real library, not something Core Design never made. Core Design would not have approved the idea if they had intended to use the library in the next game. Apart from maybe some early concept art, everything in the Visa commercial would have been the idea of the Animal Logic team who made it. They had a fair bit of experience making Tomb Raider themed commercials, there was no reason to think they were psychic and could somehow channel ideas Core Design might have been thinking of including in the next game.

Although the next game Core Design were planning would have only been deleted stuff from AOD strung together with probably very little story, this idea they seem to have given up on. Their AOD engine was incapable of doing anything like that chase scene anyway. A concept for the library and a demon with strange eyes defending his library is probably all Animal Logic started with. Core Design gave up on having the Cabal members being demonic or having supernatural powers, so even that would have been an early concept.

If anyone wants to have a go at trying to connect the Animal Logic made Monster Chase commercial with an idea started by Core Design for AOD, Bruce Hunt provided extensive reference material for at least the monster, maybe other things seen as well. This could have been AOD concept art, but as far as I know it was never said where the material came from. We saw one concept for an early mechanical/human hybrid monster in the early AOD concept art released.

Here is some info on the commercial for anyone who would like to look into it's origins.
Ooh. I'll do that right now. Your responses are the best.

P.S. That was a very good commercial. Never seen anything like it.

Last edited by motoleo; 25-04-12 at 11:18.
motoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-12, 13:32   #53
peeves

I'd also like AOD to have a sequel because i'm a hardcore TR fan.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-12, 14:36   #54
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
Ooh. I'll do that right now. Your responses are the best.

P.S. That was a very good commercial. Never seen anything like it.
This was about the sixth advert Animal Logic had done that starred Lara, the other commercials were never mixed with live action though.

Last edited by aussie500; 25-04-12 at 14:38.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-12, 17:14   #55
motoleo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
This was about the sixth advert Animal Logic had done that starred Lara, the other commercials were never mixed with live action though.
I wonder how Lucozade tastes.

They really should should have teamed up, those commercials were action-packed.

I also found these, which I have never seen before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXw1QPSkO_Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSnGwaaOiV8

Last edited by motoleo; 25-04-12 at 17:15.
motoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 16:20   #56
Traod7

Default sequel...

In order to make sequel firstly the scripts are needed and secondly we need a company which is willing to make this game (an agreement with recent studio CD)..
It will be weird but I bought PS2 for this game only..I really liked AOD and the overall idea behind this game.I also accept no excuse for Core Design which spoiled some parts of game for us.May be it is all because of Eidos, I really do not care, but what is done is done.
I have an idea to make this sequel happen and I really do not know the exact time but one day me or somebody will do this.Also with game engines used in next gen games the second AOD would be great.
If so many people want this dream to become real then let us address this issue to Eidos and Crystal Dynamics.
Traod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 16:38   #57
leglion
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
I wonder how Lucozade tastes.

They really should should have teamed up, those commercials were action-packed.

I also found these, which I have never seen before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXw1QPSkO_Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSnGwaaOiV8
Heavenly. Korean stores in New York sell it. Can't find it anywhere else though. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traod7 View Post
In order to make sequel firstly the scripts are needed and secondly we need a company which is willing to make this game (an agreement with recent studio CD)..
It will be weird but I bought PS2 for this game only..I really liked AOD and the overall idea behind this game.I also accept no excuse for Core Design which spoiled some parts of game for us.May be it is all because of Eidos, I really do not care, but what is done is done.
I have an idea to make this sequel happen and I really do not know the exact time but one day me or somebody will do this.Also with game engines used in next gen games the second AOD would be great.
If so many people want this dream to become real then let us address this issue to Eidos and Crystal Dynamics.
Most people don't. It's just AOD's small cult following.

Last edited by leglion; 06-05-12 at 16:39.
leglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 16:59   #58
ZIP2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traod7 View Post
I'd like a sequel of AoD, but it's almost 10 years TRAoD was released by Core, now everything changed, it's crystal dynamics, Square Enix, and probably they won't do a sequel to a game that most people didn't like. but I hope one day they decide to make a sequel.
ZIP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote