Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 17-02-13, 22:09   #5521
Sarah7777
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
So I'm done with TR1-5 now with all the pickups for all the secrets no medi packs and no cheatcodes. TR1 and UB i beat with all the pickups for all 55 secrets collected no health packs used and no cheatcodes and TR2 and GM i beat with all 63 secrets collected no health packs used and no cheatcodes. TR3 and LA i beat with all the pickups for all 75 secrets collected no health packs used and no cheatcodes. TR4 i beat with all the pickups for all 72 secrets collected no health packs used and no cheatcodes and TR5 i beat with all 36 secrets collected no health packs used and no cheatcodes used. So of the 117 levels i played so far i did 78 without dying in one sitting: Caves, City of Vilcabamba, Lost Valley, St. Francis Folly, Colosseum, Palace Midas, Cistern, Tomb of Tihocan, City of Khamoon, Obelisk of Khamoon, Sanctuary of the Scion, Natla's Mines, and Atlantis in TR1 but in TR2 i beat Great Wall, Venice, Bartoli's Hideout, Offshore Rig, Diving Area, 40 Fathoms, Living Quarters, Deck, Tibetan Foothills, Barkhang Monastery, Catacombs of the Talion, Ice Palace, Temple of Xian, Floating Islands, Dragon's Lair, Home Sweet Home without dying. In TR3 I beat River Ganges, Caves of Kaliya, High Security Compound, Area 51, Thames Wharf, Coastal Village, Crash Site, Temple of Puna, Meteorite Cavern, Sleeping with the Fishes, and Reunion without dying. In TR4 i beat Angkor Wat, Race for the iris, tomb of seth, burial chambers, valley of the kings, KV5, Temple of Karnak, Great Hypostyle Hall, Sacred Lake, Alexandria, Coastal Ruins, Catacombs, Temple of Poseidon, Lost Library, Hall of Demetrius, Pharos temple of isis, Cleopatra's palaces, city of the dead, chambers of tulun, street bazaar, citadel, sphinx complex, underneath the sphinx, menkaure's pyramid, mastabas, khufus queens' pyramids, inside great pyramid, temple of horus and times exclusive without dying. and in TR5 i beat streets of rome, colosseum, base, submarine, deep sea dive, gallows tree, labyrinth, old mill, and 13th floor without dying. I still have TR6 to do.
Well done complete no medipacks,cheat code and dying.
Sarah7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-13, 23:15   #5522
Faylon
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
[slightly off-topic rant]In my personal opinion, realism in games is highly overrated. It's not much more unrealistic for Lara to find bullets in ancient tombs than it is for her to be able to jump straight up more than twice her own height - yet practically no one would want to sacrifice that. [/slightly off-topic rant]

Ok, back on-topic: Why not create a scenario where Lara can make her own weapons from the objects at hand? I have no idea how to do it myself, but I have seen it in some levels. For example, in The Jerusalem Project - The Cherubim are Calling, there was a level in which Lara's weapons were taken away, so she had to make a crossbow using a broken wheel and hair from a horse's tail.

For flares, Lara could strike two flint pieces together to create sparks, so the pickups would be bits of flint. Or the good old-fashioned burning torch could be used instead of flares. You could place several of them in any old tomb, and they wouldn't be out of place. For medipacks, there's herbs, as others have suggested, or maybe magical holy water (yes, it's not realistic, but at least it would be in keeping with ancient holy places ).
Well yes, I know realism is overrated in gaming. But I haven't made any decision on this yet. I was just asking how you, the community thinks about realistic pick ups in tomb raider which would eventually help me decide whether I will go through with it or not.

I might not even do it because it will be too much work for my liking to create all the extra items and maybe even animations for it. What I like in level building is.. well.. building the level. I don't quite like making items or creating my own textures even. And probably the biggest reason for not going through with it is because I really like the nostalgia from the early tomb raiders. They may not be as realistic but they have something to them what makes them really fun to play. I especially like the secrets system (which may be considered random and unrealistic as well).

I even like the health crystals from TR3, even though they are almost completely useless. But it was always fun for me to find another crystal in the process of completing the levels.
Faylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-13, 23:30   #5523
peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah7777 View Post
Well done complete no medipacks,cheat code and dying.
In each TR game so far i only died in the following levels, TR1: Tomb of Qualopec, Great Pyramid, Return to Egypt, Temple of the Cat, Atlantean Stronghold, the Hive. TR2: Opera House, Wreck of Maria Doria, Cold War, Fool's Gold, Furnace of the Gods, Kingdom, Nightmare in Vegas. TR3: Jungle, Temple Ruins, Nevada Desert, Aldwych, Lud's Gate, City, Madubu Gorge, Antarctica, RX-Tech Mines, Lost City of Tinnos, All Hallows, Highland Fling, Willard's Lair, Shakespeare Cliff, It's a Madhouse. TR4: Tomb of Semerkhet, Guardian of Semerkhet, Desert Railroad, Citadel Gate, Trenches, Inside Menkaure's Pyramid, Great Pyramid. TR5: Trajan's Markets, Sinking Submarine, Escape with the Iris, Red Alert.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-13, 00:04   #5524
Sarah7777
Inactive

Quote:
In each TR game so far i only died in the following levels, TR1: Tomb of Qualopec, Great Pyramid, Return to Egypt, Temple of the Cat, Atlantean Stronghold, the Hive. TR2: Opera House, Wreck of Maria Doria, Cold War, Fool's Gold, Furnace of the Gods, Kingdom, Nightmare in Vegas. TR3: Jungle, Temple Ruins, Nevada Desert, Aldwych, Lud's Gate, City, Madubu Gorge, Antarctica, RX-Tech Mines, Lost City of Tinnos, All Hallows, Highland Fling, Willard's Lair, Shakespeare Cliff, It's a Madhouse. TR4: Tomb of Semerkhet, Guardian of Semerkhet, Desert Railroad, Citadel Gate, Trenches, Inside Menkaure's Pyramid, Great Pyramid. TR5: Trajan's Markets, Sinking Submarine, Escape with the Iris, Red Alert.
I died on Tomb Raider Unfinished Business on level 3 & level 4,TR5 level 12 and 13.
Old 18-02-13, 00:10   #5525
peeves

Quote:
I died on Tomb Raider Unfinished Business on level 3 & level 4,TR5 level 12 and 13.
Did you do Unfinished Business Level 1 and 2 in one sitting without reloading?
Old 18-02-13, 00:14   #5526
Sarah7777
Inactive

Quote:
Did you do Unfinished Business Level 1 and 2 in one sitting without reloading?
Yep!Now I play Tomb Raider Anniversary.
Old 18-02-13, 00:14   #5527
peeves

Quote:
Yep!Now I play Tomb Raider Anniversary.
Did you beat Trajan's markets in TR5 in one sitting without reloading?
Old 18-02-13, 01:22   #5528
God Horus

I hate those games! The best TR games of all time are TRL, TRA, TRU, and the new TR. My highlights are TRL, TRA, TRU and TR, especially TRL, TRA, TRU and TR.
God Horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-13, 02:18   #5529
Baratheon

^ I hate to break it to you, God Horus, but you’re nothing but a cheap knockoff at best. (haha)
Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-13, 02:54   #5530
Shauni

Figured I'd come on here and see if anyone is around. What are you guys up to today?

I've been trying for the last two hours to get a new level to work. I've gone through the usual elimination process of checking if it is the WAD, TGA, PRJ or Script. The problem refuses to show itself. Nuuuuuu @_@
Shauni is offline   Reply With Quote