Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft GO

Old 08-12-16, 10:15   #21
kacpy

Go for it. It's a great puzzle game. I can't wait for the 2nd DLC.
kacpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 16:33   #22
Cochrane
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
Well one thing I will say, is I'm sorely tempted to buy it, even if it is $10. Other people may be puzzled by this, but I don't own any of the other systems it's available on. I almost upgraded for free to Windows 10 at one point but I didn't want to sacrifice my Windows 7 for it. Thus, I cannot buy it through the Windows store because I refuse to upgrade to 10 right now (or for the foreseeable future).

So what a Steam release means for me is that I can finally play it on my system despite not having Windows 10. Which is important to me.

I'm just disappointed to read about the control scheme! Perhaps if I do buy it, I can check to see if there is controller support since I will be playing it on PC. If that doesn't work... luckily I have a Wacom Tablet so I could probably try using the pen to play it if mouse really feels that awkward.
I think, and the comments here show, that this control scheme is very much a matter of opinion. I don't like it much (but find it okay with trackpad), but that doesn't mean that you will hate it.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 22:06   #23
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
Well one thing I will say, is I'm sorely tempted to buy it, even if it is $10.
I really enjoyed it and think it's worth the money, but I also cynically think that they chose this price point on Steam because it's going to go on sale so soon after release. With that in mind, it might be best to wait for the Steam Christmas sale and get it on discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacpy View Post
Go for it. It's a great puzzle game. I can't wait for the 2nd DLC.
Whoa! I hadn't heard of this, but I just looked it up It sucks that we'll have to wait until March though. Oh well, I'll probably buy it again on Steam during the Christmas sale so I'll be ready for the DLC when it comes out
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 00:08   #24
Horus-Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
I really enjoyed it and think it's worth the money, but I also cynically think that they chose this price point on Steam because it's going to go on sale so soon after release. With that in mind, it might be best to wait for the Steam Christmas sale and get it on discount
Yeah I was thinking that too. Hopefully it will go on sale again!
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-16, 15:31   #25
Evan C.

Finally I am playing this and loving how challenging it gets! I really enjoyed it! It is so relaxing aswell.
Evan C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 15:41   #26
charmedangelin

I still might get it on Steam just because I want to have all my Tomb Raider games on one platform. Plus I love the game and want to show my love and support to the developers who worked on such a masterpiece.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-16, 19:44   #27
Horus-Goddess

Well I bought it while it was 20% off. I don't regret it in the slightest! Been playing it for the first time. I love the puzzles! Love love love them! It does bring back that feeling the old games used to have. Using strategy and trying to think several steps ahead. Definitely my kind of game, I love it.

I haven't quite beat it yet, and I will need to replay some parts for relics I missed, but so far it's great! I hope they consider releasing more content in the future. Or just more games in this same vein. I really like it!
Old 15-12-16, 09:49   #28
kacpy

So how did you end up feeling about the controls? Since that was your worry before purchasing.
kacpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-16, 22:31   #29
Horus-Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacpy View Post
So how did you end up feeling about the controls? Since that was your worry before purchasing.
The controls didn't bother me too much. Took some getting used to though. I would rather have had the option to click on-screen where to go (like they did for using switches etc), but I figure it was just easier for them to do it this way since it was originally intended as a touchscreen mobile game.
Old 20-01-17, 22:21   #30
charmedangelin

Just bought this on Steam and man the graphics are beautiful on my computer. The game performs very well with a few instances of frame drops. I wouldn't say the controls are bad necessarily, but they are very awkward. You basically click and then swipe in the direction you want Lara to go, keeping the cursor on screen at all times. It's something I think I can get used to though, but I kinda wish they allowed us to use the directional keys on the keyboard to move Lara and click with the mouse to activate switches and stuff. Other then those few minor quarks this game is phenomenal on PC and I'm really enjoying this game again. The development team at Square Enix Montreal knew exactly what they were doing and delivered a beautiful game and a perfect Tomb Raider game with a wonderful soundtrack. Very happy with my purchase and would encourage anyone who was curious about the PC version on steam to get it. It's worlds of fun.

Verdict: 10/10

Last edited by charmedangelin; 20-01-17 at 22:23.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote