Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 27-01-10, 01:17   #121
Shark_Blade

I think Ariel's Beginning was really good, much better than Little Mermaid 2.
And Cinderella 3 was great as well, better than the abysmal Cinderella 2. Funny, is the second sequeal all bad for Disney?

Anyway, I like the Tinker Bell films. I've got the first (self title) and the second films (& The Lost Treasure) on Blu Ray. I definitely recommend to see it in HD, very beautiful and a breathtaking work of loving art.

Other Disney Blu Ray animated movies I have are Sleeping Beauty (one of the best Disney movie ever!) and Pinocchio. I also have the modern ones like Ratatouille and Pirates of Carribean series.

Snow White and Up were out already for BD but I don't really like the films, so I didn't get them.:/
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-10, 01:41   #122
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by :BitterSweet: View Post
I can't wait to buy it! I loved the movie. Ever since I watched it, I find myself singing Almost There atleast once a day.

I love that song, it's probably the one I find myself singing the most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Snow White and Up were out already for BD but I don't really like the films, so I didn't get them.:/
WHAT?! GET.OUT.

Snow White is Disney, it's where it all started!
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-10, 02:32   #123
Shark_Blade

^It's what started it all, but it's not necessarily the best, Nate.

Now Sleeping Beauty, that is among the best imo.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-10, 02:34   #124
Ultimate_Lara

I love Dumbo and Bambi!!
Ultimate_Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-10, 08:24   #125
tonyme

Quote:
I think Ariel's Beginning was really good, much better than Little Mermaid 2.
And Cinderella 3 was great as well, better than the abysmal Cinderella 2. Funny, is the second sequeal all bad for Disney?
Yes, but I think all Disney sequels suck (not only the second ones). They see the classic was an amazing success and they wanna continue the story (or reboot it, or 'twist' it in the case of Cinderella ) and they make it the most disappointing way possible. Like Cinderella. The movie was amazing, the sequel was stupid and pointless and then they do a 'twist in time' movie where the shoe doesn't fit Cinderella's foot; would the dream still come true? Twisted and weird

Second example that really makes me mad, The Lion King. The sequel involved Simba's daughter Kayla and Scar's sister was the villain. Out of ideas are we? And then, comes Lion King 1.5!!! With Timon and Pumbaa. Might as well have a Lion King 1.547

I'm not saying they're not enjoyable, they may be nice movies for some people and I do get the fact that it's a movie involving the same characters so it would be interesting to see, but I just WISH I could love a Disney sequel, I just never do!
Quote:
I never watched Up (I know I know...) but Snow White is amaaaaaazing and ESPECIALLY that DVD! It has so many amazing bonus features, it's a must for every Disney fan! I watched some special features documentaries from Disc 2 and it's really fascinating what a technical masterpiece this movie is. For its time, everyone thought Walt Disney was out of his mind for wanting to create a full-length animated feature but he proved them wrong. The movie was received with acclaim and huge success and award wins, and it was the movie which led to the production of "The Wizard Of Oz" (which itself led to the production of "Star Wars"). So it's a whole cycle of movie productions that happened just because of that first masterpiece, Snow White.

It also shows a lot of interesting facts about the history of Disney, there's a really great documentary that shows the achievements of Disney throughout every decade. Not only in the movie industry, but also the TV industry, the sports industry, the Broadway musicals, the theme parks, etc. Disney is simply an empire, and many things you meet in everyday life could have Disney behind it (like Miramax, Touchstone, ABC, etc.) And it's all because of that first movie, that amazing musical, Snow White.

Clearly the biggest animated feature of all-time and one of the most notable pictures in history.
tonyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-10, 08:36   #126
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

I agree with everything you said about Snow White Tony.

YOU NEED TO WATCH UP THOUGH!
Old 27-01-10, 08:39   #127
tonyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
I agree with everything you said about Snow White Tony.

YOU NEED TO WATCH UP THOUGH!
I know... But it's 3D and I never really got into the whole Disney-3D thing...
Old 27-01-10, 08:41   #128
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyme View Post
I know... But it's 3D and I never really got into the whole Disney-3D thing...
You mean like the whole Pixar thing? Yeah I don't blame you, Cars & Ratatouille were a bit meh. But the Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Mosnter's Inc, Toy Story, and Up are all amazing.

Or did you mean like actual 3D as in Avatar 3D? Because UP isn't 3D.
Old 27-01-10, 08:43   #129
tonyme

No I mean the 3D animated movies so yeah the whole Disney-Pixar thing
Old 27-01-10, 08:44   #130
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Ah ok, I only like the ones I mentioned and Chicken Little. But I am more into the classic animated films. I can't wait for Rapunzel.

EDIT: Oh and the Tinkerbell films, those are really good.

Last edited by Carbonek_0051; 27-01-10 at 08:45.