Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 06-08-14, 10:46   #1
Jill

Default Killing Borys.

Can't kill Borys.
Set game to 'easy' and still can't get him......tried many, many ,many times...Please help.
Even watched a video walkthrough where he does die.....but not with me!!!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 10:50   #2
Patrick star

who's that ?
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 10:51   #3
tiann

I think OP meant "BORIS" the huge ass dude in armour who attacks you on the Endurance when you go back there to save Alex.

anyway the trick to offing him is to basically keep dodging him and shooting at his exposed parts. When he looks sort of groggy and his head is down, run up to him and complete the QTEs. do this a few times and he will die.

Last edited by tiann; 06-08-14 at 10:56.
tiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 11:02   #4
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiann View Post
I think OP meant "BORIS" the huge ass dude in armour who attacks you on the Endurance when you go back there to save Alex.
^never knew he had that name .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 12:58   #5
Jill

Thanks for that....it's spelt with a 'y' on our PC.
Haven't got the 'dodge' yet so may go back.
Shoot him 3 or 4 times then when up close he grabs Lara.
Then have to reload so he recovers.

Will persevere for a while
Old 06-08-14, 13:04   #6
birchyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Can't kill Borys.
Set game to 'easy' and still can't get him......tried many, many ,many times...Please help.
Even watched a video walkthrough where he does die.....but not with me!!!
There are a number of places in TR where you will find a problem with timing the first few tries, like getting through the forest on the parachute, or hitting 'Y' at the right time. . It's worth persevering.

You should save the game in a new slot before going any further - that way you can practice the method again. I can now kill Borys or do the parachute scene in one attempt.

Anyway, for the Borys scene,

Method (A)

The easiest way is to keep "Aim" pressed when you dodge (this will keep him targeted automatically).

Then after the dodge, the 'melee' icon appears. If you hit "Y" at the right time, Lara will stab him in the leg with an arrow and weaken him. Hit the "Y" just after the circles appear, but before the letter does.

Method (B)
Alternatively, after you have done it successfully several times, you can try the harder version - Run round the deck and his guard will be lowered. Press ''Survival Instincts". This will show up his vulnerable points (like his head) in red - so you shoot at them.

In either method, you need to keep doing it until he's fully weakened. Then he goes down on one knee and you must move in quickly. Hit the "Y" just after the circles appear, but before the letter does. You need to hit him several times with the axe (in time with the "Y"), then he dies and you steal his rope ascender.

I hope this helps ....
birchyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-14, 14:21   #7
Jill

Thanks....will try later
Old 06-08-14, 16:42   #8
Jill

Thanks tiann and birchyboy.
Managed it first time I obviously hadn't been pressing a key (F) at the right time.

Thank goodness that's over

Last edited by Jill; 06-08-14 at 16:44.
Old 22-01-21, 15:39   #9
trarb

I wonder if anyone can help here - I can't get rid of Borys, not even on Easy settings.

I can get him to bend down on one knee, hit him with the axe, then it says "Press F" which of course I do (I'm hammering on the key!) but he simply picks up Lara by her neck and throws her down.
trarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-21, 18:16   #10
Amlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by trarb View Post
I wonder if anyone can help here - I can't get rid of Borys, not even on Easy settings.

I can get him to bend down on one knee, hit him with the axe, then it says "Press F" which of course I do (I'm hammering on the key!) but he simply picks up Lara by her neck and throws her down.

My suggestion would be: don't hammer on the key. Instead, wait for the prompt to tell you exactly when you have to press the key. You have to time it right, otherwise it won't work.
Amlux is offline   Reply With Quote