Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 05-05-12, 21:32   #1831
ZIP2010

Actually we have that outfit for TRLE http://www.trsearch.org/Items/3299
ZIP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 00:41   #1832
!Lara Croft!
Inactive

Awh thanks. *le blush*
!Lara Croft! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12, 21:55   #1833
vinnyvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Yeah, but aren't they the same vest?
No. The AOD current one is shorter and slightly lighter
vinnyvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-12, 00:25   #1834
Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Earlier when the Cabal members all met, it was was apparent Boaz had made a mistake concerning an earlier attempt to revive the nephilim. The proto might have run amok before, which is why they thought it dangerious, and wanted to terminate that line of research. Boaz could have been punished the first time, Muller might not be referring to the final fate of Boaz. But since Lara turned the power off to get into the biodome, they might equally have meant to show the scene were Boaz is thrown into the pod before the conversation with Muller.
Haha,yeah that in itself - I haven't played in a while,but I don't recall there ever being any mention,or fuss made,or ANYTHING,about the power being shut down whilst Lara is in the Biodome. It was like it was a complete non event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
(I'd also love to know what ****wit's idea it was to make chunks fade away slowly as you loose health. You need to know instantly what your health level is. I've died before with 40% health and noticed it fade away, that's a big deal, man!)
Oh god,yeah,that drove me nuts as well I got to just using a health item regardless,just in case. I wonder if it was a left over,buggy remnant of when Lara was supposed to bleed?

I only have the PS2 version,and it's of the first batch,I don't know if later ones solved anything,but my copy sometimes acts completley weird. It had Kurtis actually holding the chirugu and sort of standing there with it,spazzing out (doing nothing effective mind) during the Boaz fight. Sometimes strange things happen in the sanitarium too. The randomness of it makes the level a bit more creepy

That whole other part of the Sanitarium (or was it the Maximum Containment?) that you get into (where the pod that the proto burst out of during the cutscene),but has no significance whatsoever except,at the very end of the journey,a pointless keycard... odd
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-12, 17:38   #1835
Joey79100

Sorry, I hope it won't be considered like a bump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereopathic View Post
a couple of years ago we had a little AoD mysetery come up that never got solved. of course, it never got sent to the AoDMIU so maybe that was the problem.

GodOfLight stumbled upon this inscription in the trap basement below the Hall of Seasons:

click for full image.

it appears to be written in french, but no one was ever able to translate it. here is the accompanying texture:

click for full size.

as you can see, the font makes it difficult to read. i had the font on my computer so i matched the characters up as best i could. here's what i came up with:

the first word could be "seulement" although the "L" is missing. also, the first character of the last word did not match-up directly with any character in the font set so i have no idea what it might be. here is the font if you want to give it a try yourself.

here is the original thread if you wish to peruse it. please do not post in it.

so, anyone have a translation? or an idea what it means and what it's doing there?
Just wanna help, if it isn't solved (there's so many pages to read ).

I understand:

Seulement la volonté
Juste de base

It sounds a bit strange, but it might be a wrong translation. (many things in AOD are wrong translated in French )
I think it means:

Only the wish
Just of/from base
OR Just the basic wish

I don't know if you use OF or FROM because we have only one word for that in french.

Maybe it isn't a B, but with an other letter I can't see what it can mean.

Also, some lines removed are still in the French version of AOD. I don't have any example because I've lost the page, but I think to the Intro FMV, and also the dialog between Lara and Muller.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote