Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 06-03-18, 10:26   #11
iWANEX
Golden

Happy anniversary.

I still remember waiting for the game to come out and finally going to the store to pick it up. The ad campaign was PERFECT and the positive reception was overwhelming.

I’m so thankful for this game and all the amazing things it has done for the franchise. It will always have a special place in my heart for bringing TR back to the spotlight, for convincing people that the brand was still relevant and for reimagining de character of Lara Croft to a more grounded, layered and less sexualized icon.

I’m also thankful for all the fans that have been with Lara from the beginning and (like myself) have embrace growth and change and continue to support the franchise no matter what. I love you all.

Last edited by iWANEX; 06-03-18 at 14:05.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-18, 13:59   #12
Costel

Happy Anniversary for one of the best games I have played.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-18, 14:41   #13
jeffrey van oort

Happy anniversary.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-18, 22:56   #14
archfiend

I can't believe it's been 5 years already. I remember watching trailers waiting for it to be released and finally playing it in March 2013. I loved the game so much and still love it to this day. Time really does fly.
archfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-18, 00:45   #15
Lillie

I remember my hype fo a new TR after so many years since the release of Underwolrd and then finally playing it. My opinion about this game changed so much during these years. At first I was really disappointed but still kept coming back for replays because the combat was fun. Then, as time went by, I despised this game because almost everything I loved about past TRs was gone, and Lara Croft was dead to me. Nowadays I realize that as much as I dislike the choices Crystal made for the TR franchise (starting with this game, which is also my least loved one), it was a much needed reboot in order to keep TR relevant. So, happy anniversary, TR 2013.
Lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-18, 00:46   #16
SilentRain
Inactive

Happy Anniversary Reboot! You may be flawed, but I still loved what you provided us with.
SilentRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-18, 07:28   #17
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Though I haven't played you, and possibly never will, happy birthday TR2013! I love ya!
Why haven't you played yet, if you don't mind me asking? You seem awfully fond of this game for someone who has never played it
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-18, 07:30   #18
HD Simplicityy

This first reboot title is what introduced me to Lara and her adventures, her passions, and how much she risks by the love for adventuring. I didn't play it till early or mid 2014. After that, I started following the series with Rise and the original. Both reboots are in my top ten (twelve... :P ) list of best games ever played. Through the pros and cons I've discovered about Tomb Raider 2013, I still enjoyed it a lot. Its a a tie with The Walking Dead Season 2 in tenth place on that list, until such a time I break the tie or I replace them.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 07:29   #19
GRiannisRaider

Happy 5 anniversary TR2013! I still remember how excited I was for that game back in 2011 I was so excited that I even watched the ending of the game from YouTube because I couldn't handle myself omg that was the worst thing I've done after so many years of waiting lol
still love this game and I will watch the movie adaptation in a few days I can't wait!
GRiannisRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 15:51   #20
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Why haven't you played yet, if you don't mind me asking? You seem awfully fond of this game for someone who has never played it
I tried Rise. Gameplay was awfully boring, unenjoyable, and uninspired for me. TR2013's gameplay is similar enough so I don't really care to play it. However, I love a lot of things about TR2013 and Rise (Story, Lara herself, a few other characters, and visuals), so for me, I still love the games in a way. Though significantly less than other TR's, given the primary lack of interest in gameplay, which should normally be really good for a video game. I hope that makes sense.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote