Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 02-03-15, 14:35   #21
Wooxman

TRA's controls are really floaty and it gets very glitchy if moving objects are involved. The Egypt sections where you've to jump on poles between smashing walls is harder than it should be just because the game doesn't allow Lara to stand on a pole before the walls are completely open. Also the changed pulling up animation is pretty glitchy since in Legend Lara jumped on the ledge and got a few inches away from the actual ledge while in Anniversary after pulling herself up she's too close to the ledge which makes her fall back again if you don't start running immediately. Overall TRA's gameplay feels very rushed and worse than some fan mods of other games.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 01:43   #22
PhantomPain

The most annoying thing in TRA was when after pulling up, she would randomly (most of the time) crouch for a moment, it made the animation look wonky. But was it a sloppy game overall? I would say no.
PhantomPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 15:12   #23
maikaal

Yes this game made me pull my hair and create a rage thread on this forum. It's def one of the more annoying games I've played. Only PoP Warrior Within can compete with Anniversary in my mind. I don't even know how and why I managed to complete it. And towards the end it turns into a trashy horror game, similar to the Drakan games. I wonder if there is a connection. Maan uck this game.
maikaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 18:34   #24
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1andOnlyTR View Post
Oh God, not another one...
I made this for you: http://i.imgur.com/H0Nh7EE.jpg

Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 20:50   #25
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis's Mom View Post
IMO, the reason the reboot controls are "better" is the same reason Legend controls were "better": The game is super scripted when it comes to platforming. Other than that decrepit village area, there very little platforming that happens that isn't straight pipe, "go that way, very fast, and if something gets in your way, turn."

When where you go and what you do are painfully obvious, it's very easy for programmers to predict where to place that camera so Lara doesn't fly off into the wild, blue wander. Anniversary and Underworld were far from perfect, but TReboot's platforming was challengless traversal.
Maybe, but I also hated Legend's controls. The reboot controls feel more solid and consistent to me, even when I'm jumping around like a maniac in places where I'm probably not supposed to do that Also, I don't remember the camera having a mind of its own outside of those scripted sequences. It mainly stayed where I put it, so that removed a lot of the frustration that TRA had with the camera constantly swinging around and moving on its own.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 21:24   #26
LateRaider
Inactive

On a related note, I finally started Underworld proper last night. While it's had its annoying moments, so far, I feel like anytime I failed platforming was more or less my fault and not the game system's. I don't know if Underworld attempted to tighten up the controls, but it's also possible Anniversary's inferno has better primed me for these types of controls.

Then again, I've only been playing TRU for two hours, so that all could change.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 21:27   #27
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
On a related note, I finally started Underworld proper last night. While it's had its annoying moments, so far, I feel like anytime I failed platforming was more or less my fault and not the game system's. I don't know if Underworld attempted to tighten up the controls, but it's also possible Anniversary's inferno has better primed me for these types of controls.

Then again, I've only been playing TRU for two hours, so that all could change.
I think Underworld did tighten the controls up a little, but the main difference seemed to me to be the camera. I don't think the camera did much on its own in Underworld either, so you don't have to worry about the game redefining the directional controls mid-jump.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 21:45   #28
peeves

The camera did seem to be a problem at times in TR8 and sometimes in TR7 and TRA.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 00:36   #29
Jorje Croft

I'm reading posts here and realized some people don't know what they want. Anniversary is very good game from TR history. It is my favorite after AOD. and I haven't any problem with my PC version,it works perfectly for ages
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 01:32   #30
Ankhrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
Anniversary is very good game from TR history. It is my favorite after AOD.
Quote:
It is my favorite after AOD.
Quote:
AOD.
Ew.
Ankhrae is offline   Reply With Quote