Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 18-06-18, 20:22   #21
Yeauxleaux

Some people seem to get really offended at Ross on Friends, and I agree he definitely had his douchey moments that were a bit cringe in-universe. However I don't understand some of the people who really hate him as though he's like Hitler or something haha. He is just a character, at the end of the day.

I'm totally on Rachel's side with the "We were on a break!!!" thing though Sorry, there is a window of time after you break up with someone where it's... awkward, if you sleep with someone else. Wouldn't say it's "cheating" per se, but it does exude that you didn't really care for the person you were with, in my opinion.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 18-06-18 at 20:27.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 20:50   #22
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daring Do View Post
You know, I totally forgot: Ross from Friends. That dude is the worst.
There was a similar character in the TV show New Girl I think his name was Schmidt he was very much like Ross IMO, I only watched a few episodes so I don't know if he had a shampoo malfunction like Ross did, I'll get the New Girl boxset someday.

My only favourite Ross scene that I can remember was when he had to get to the other side of town for a class he was teaching at another university or whatever it was and he got there just as the class ended and he said to recap my name is Ross

I don't know why he didn't just take one of those helicopter tours and have the pilot land where he wanted to go, do air taxi's even exist? If they do it would be better than being stuck in traffic all the time.

Janice and that annoying laugh, if I had that laugh as an alarm clock tone It wouldn't be long before I'd be smashing the clock into pieces.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 20:55   #23
SunDormant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Some people seem to get really offended at Ross on Friends, and I agree he definitely had his douchey moments that were a bit cringe in-universe. However I don't understand some of the people who really hate him as though he's like Hitler or something haha.
I'm not saying he's the embodiment of evil itself, either

He certainly has had his goofy and adorable moments. I'm just saying that if I were to choose one of the characters to spend an afternoon with, he would be quite a bit lower on my list than others...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Janice and that annoying laugh, if I had that laugh as an alarm clock tone It wouldn't be long before I'd be smashing the clock into pieces.
Wow, I had completely forgotten about her. I'd take Ross any time before her, that's for sure. That laugh still lurks in my nightmares. On the other hand, her actress is quite lovable.

Last edited by SunDormant; 18-06-18 at 21:07.
SunDormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 20:59   #24
Grimaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
1.Almost every character in the Legend of Korra.
How did I forget Korra? She’s so grating.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 21:01   #25
Daring Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDormant View Post
Totally agree. I mean, I guess I can understand people finding Phoebe or Joey irritating, but they did things in a way that you could at least find cute and silly.

Ross, on the other hand, I cannot tolerate. I just find him so obnoxious with all his self-righteousness and immaturity. It's funny how I cannot even remember a scene to point out, they must have all been like that
Exactly! I like Phoebe and Joey. They can be obnoxious at times, but they somehow pull it off to be funny. (Except that one episode where Phoebe tries to meet Sting. I really didn’t like that one.)

I can never forgive Ross firing that amazing nanny all because he was “uncomfortable” with the fact that the nanny was a guy. Or pressuring Rachel to quit her job in Paris to be with him.
Daring Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 21:07   #26
dcw123

Joey from Friends.. urghhh

Carl Grimes from TWD - so glad he isn't in the show anymore!

Sonic games - the Wisps are just overused and its getting annoying.. they are in every game now since Colours

Can't really think of any other really annoying characters..
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 21:08   #27
JsotoTRSaga

Jar Jar Binks
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 23:07   #28
Cochrane
Golden

The main hero in Re:Zero, an otherwise great anime, but since I hate the main character I still haven't managed to watch it all the way through. He's an obnoxious entitled jerk who believes that he is destined to be the hero of his story, and thus that he's exempt from things like being appropriate, trying to understand the context of actions, being competent or thinking about anyone but himself. Ever so often, he gets over it after dying a few times, and then it gets really amazing. But the road there is always painful, and he seems to be getting more annoying, not less. I know the anime has a lot of fans, and I can see why, and maybe I'll finish it one of these days, but I will make no promises.

Since we're on anime: Naruto, and also everyone else in Naruto. I know it's popular, I know a lot of people who are big fans, but for the love of me, I cannot understand why. To me, these are all just teenage jerks.

Also in Anime, in Death Note, Near and that other one. Neither of them are well developed as characters, they are just one-note crazy, which adds to a finale of the show that doesn't have any good antagonist, and feels overall just drawn-out and like an unnatural point to end things. The rest is awesome, though. And I know someone is going to bring up Misa, and I can see why (I thought so as well), but in my opinion, when you look at her actions in detail, she's actually not that bad. She just can't keep up with the main duo.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 23:09   #29
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
I have a secret love of "ohhhh... maaaii... Godddd!!" hahaha. I love how she seemed to make it more and more dramatic as the seasons went on, and they would always leave it just long enough between each time that it wasn't too predictable.

The laugh can die though, ugh it's piercing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDormant View Post
I'm not saying he's the embodiment of evil itself, either

He certainly has had his goofy and adorable moments. I'm just saying that if I were to choose one of the characters to spend an afternoon with, he would be quite a bit lower on my list than others...
That's ok haha, I was making a general comment speaking on some people I see online who really seem to hate him, but yeah I can see why some moments were cringe.

I'd probably be best friends with Rachel if she existed in real life haha. I relate to her on so many levels it's not even funny.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-18, 23:18   #30
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Joffrey Game of Thrones nuff said please no spoilers for future seasons I've only just finished season 1.
oo i agree with you, joffrey is a bitch sdgsdgudsig
it gets worse tho
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote