Dennis's Mom

Default The Walking Dead - Season 8!!!

First trailer is here!

Looks action packed!

October 22nd premiere
Dennis's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-17, 23:03   #2
Lara Croft!

I am pasting the comment I made in Youtube...

Τhis trailer is stupid. The first half is random scenes of people doing nothing and the other half is like a Michael Bay's trailer full of explosions and promising adventure. So basically the creators finally understood that having all the characters broken and beaten for the whole past season was too much and now they want to show that catharsis is coming and it's going to be all fun, laughs, shootings and revenge. Sorry if we were too dramatic, we take it all back!

The music was also stupid in both parts and don't even get me started with the final scene. The creators have repeatedly denied the fan theory that Rick was in a coma, dismissing it as "The Easy Way Out" and now they do this? If they actually go with the fan theory it shows they have no original ideas of their own. If they don't then they use this as a bait for people to tune in and realize that this was something unrelated. Either way they suck.

I will keep watching the show as I have invested a lot of years in it, but after the last season and now this trailer, I am not holding my breath.
Lara Croft! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-17, 22:43   #3
Dennis's Mom

Tonight!

Update:

Well, it picks up right where it left off. We get back into the action, although it is interspersed with back flashes of pep talks that seem to be moot at this point.

There were a few nice walker moments, but obvious bad guy Simon is obviously bad, making obviously good guy Gabriel do obvious stupid thing.

I'm guessing that at the end they're attacking an outpost? There was little exposition of their actual plan of attack, but it seems to resemble the original attack location.

Last edited by Dennis's Mom; 23-10-17 at 12:11.
Old 23-10-17, 17:59   #4
Tombraider95

Just watched the episode. It was a bit stupid. Negan and his men walk out into the open with no defense and yet no one bothers to just kill him? Then when Rick finally does start shooting of course he misses him. At least put Negan behind some defense so there's a reason they aren't shooting him, but nooo he's holding a bat standing out in the open and no one wants to shoot him and end it all. It just doesn't make sense. As well as the ending with Gabrielle in the van thing and Negan appears yet he just decides to stare at him and not bother shooting him.

Not a great start.

Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 21:58   #5
dcw123

Walking Dead is a steaming pile of **** compared to what it was at the beginning.

They could have just shot Negan right there and then.. and instead all they ever do is talk.
Everyone with infinite ammo and the accuracy of a Storm Trooper ROFL
Carl with his tin of beans and note to a random stranger hahahaha WTF
Might as well be called Talking Dead.
Its almost as of the show needs to save budget - so now all they do is talk, talk , talk. Hardly any zombies or violence now.

And what the hell was with the ending.. thats an hour of my life I won't get back. To be fair, I recorder and fast forward the talking segments to get to the main action parts.. from which there wasn't a lot.

And the dreamlike sequences.. with no explaination. Will Rick die? Is he dead already? Hmmmm..
Don't really care anymore at this point. His character is boring. Carol is the only reason I really continue to watch the show.
That and the fact I have watched 7 seasons and feel like I HAVE to keep watching lol
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 23:05   #6
wmcintosh
Inactive

Liked it, cannot wait till next one. Regardless what was posted.

And where would the show be if they killed Negan off, they need to drag it on.
wmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 23:07   #7
Dennis's Mom

One article I read speculated the fall finale, which would be nice.
Old 23-10-17, 23:57   #8
Zreen001

I'm casually caught up but I don't watch the show, having stopped 2/3rds into Season 4 when I realized the pacing they were going for (wasn't really a fan). Heard there were some great moments here and there and the return (and end) of certain characters, but I just couldn't bring myself to start watching it again.

And what was with that John Murphy's Adagio (Surface of the Sun) from Sunshine about in the first season?

Anyway, I'm glad to see the show still generates this much buzz. I'm just sad I couldn't keep myself going with it. (my post wasn't to degrade others' enjoyment of the show)
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-17, 07:27   #9
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcintosh View Post
Liked it, cannot wait till next one. Regardless what was posted.

And where would the show be if they killed Negan off, they need to drag it on.
My problem is not that fact Negan isn't dead yet (as I liked him as a villan at the start of S7) but the way he struts around out in the open holding a bat as if he's invincible surrounded by enemies, yet he's always perfectly fine.

They can't do things like this with a major villain when he could easily be killed in a second. I don't mind Negan being dragged out for longer but at least make it so he's TRYING to stay alive by keeping himself hidden from being shot at. It's soo stupid.

I much prefer the Governor now as a villain. At least he had some common sense.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-17, 08:26   #10
dcw123

Me and my partner think the opposite.
I can't wait for them to FINALLY kill negan so the teamm can move on elsewhere.

They have dragged it on for 2 seasons now? Its getting old!
This is almost as bad as season 5 where the entire thing was walking down railroad tracks talking.. that was hell to watch.
especially when you compare it to how awesome seasons 1 and 2 were.. shame

The show has almost become a caricature of itself IMO. Dumb characters and designs - compared to people like Andrea who were just cool as, and were "normal"
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote